Fresh 100 Mage: Spec Questions

So I'm a fresh 100 mage, and I'm wondering a few things:

1) What spec is generally best for outdoor content (e.g. Tanaan)?

2) What spec(s) is/are generally the best for <700ilvl raiding?

3) What spec should I focus on becoming "skilled" at for heroic raiding?

Thanks for reading!

Outdoors, I'd say Frost. Short, spiky instant damage is good for killing one little mob after another. At least, that is my impression. I never really quite got why Arcane and Fire felt poor outdoors, but they do to me.

Raiding, I'd say you try all 3 first and see what you like. Current optimal setup as far as I know is Arcane/Frost for all levels of HFC, but if you really like Fire there's some space for that. Not optimal, but you can if you can find other people who aren't raiding for optimality.

A fresh lvl 100 would be best playing frost as it is better at lower gear levels, when you get better gear you could go fire/arcane

Deleted
    I would just say go frost, its very strong spec right now, best for outdoor content, thanks to its cc, and it is really strong in raid as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    3) What spec should I focus on becoming "skilled" at for heroic raiding?
    Learn Frost and if u are fine with it learn Arcane. Then decide on personal preferences and on Boss/Raidgroup if u play Frost or arcane.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Not a single bad reply in the bunch, I like this class forum