Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    That's what we were told to do when petless was announced - as of today, petless is the way to go unless you're 4/4 MM (or that was the case last I read). Point being, if they can't balance pet vs petless, an issue a lot of hunter feel (or did at the time of the announcement) strongly about, how are they going to balance ranged vs melee? If a player rolled a hunter 8 years ago to be ranged and melee ends up as far higher dps, they can either gimp their group or reroll. That kind of sucks.
    That only matters if you as a player can actually put out the numbers the sims suggest. Most of the time that isn't true for the average player so playing what you know is much better than playing something you don't know.

It simply means one of two things.

Melee hunter or new ranged weapon types.. I'd be thrilled with either! :P

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    That's what we were told to do when petless was announced - as of today, petless is the way to go unless you're 4/4 MM (or that was the case last I read). Point being, if they can't balance pet vs petless, an issue a lot of hunter feel (or did at the time of the announcement) strongly about, how are they going to balance ranged vs melee? If a player rolled a hunter 8 years ago to be ranged and melee ends up as far higher dps, they can either gimp their group or reroll. That kind of sucks.
    TBH, hunters have a pretty unique position in the raiding community as they're among the few dps who can reliably move and do solid DPS while doing it. A Melee hunter is no different, utility wise, than a warrior, rogue, DK, monk, or druid.

everything above is really speculation, but in all fairness, it isn't the first time they've turned a dps class on it's head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I hate it. I hate it a lot. But I guess it isn't the end of the world so long as the other two specs continue to use ranged weapons.
    No, sorry. They're making all hunters melee only. Derp.

Deleted
    Used to enjoy vanilla Survival hunter with counterattack, used to like dueling rogues with it in particular.

You know, hunters did used to have stat sticks. You could still have a spear and a bow if they put that back in.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    interesting, I made a thread about this wayyy before OP and only got 2 pages long -.-

Quote Originally Posted by nintendovich View Post
    You know, hunters did used to have stat sticks. You could still have a spear and a bow if they put that back in.
    And what would adding a stat stick accomplish? It was stupid, just like Librams/Totems/Sigils.

Deleted
    Survival get a spear, MM gets a bow and BM gets a gun =)

Quote Originally Posted by nintendovich View Post
    Oh yes, they will give you super-duper artifact weapon just so you can hang it on your back to look nice, and never use it in combat.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh yes, they will give you super-duper artifact weapon just so you can hang it on your back to look nice, and never use it in combat.... :P
    Sure, but only if you're a caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few other threads on this.

I am really hoping its a medium-ranged spec with a small mix of melee (non-crappy versions of Wing Clip and Raptor Strike), and better traps and a little more dmg mitigation for loss of range.
    Maybe like a 20 yrd max throw? Slower throw but more dmg or something along those lines, like troll units in WC3.

It would at least give different play styles to the class.

You throw the spear.

I just assumed they'd be throwing the spear lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    amazing i can't wait !
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Back in Diablo 2: LoD the Javazon (Amazon) used javelins, as both a thrown and melee weapon (depending on the skill and build). The idea was that it was a magically replenishing stack of javelins. Maybe they are thinking along that line. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Watched Gamescon panel and they showed a Polearm and said it was for Survival hunters.

Melee hunter is back bois PogChamp.
    Mongoose and raptor strike hype boiiissss

Pretty sure it was a joke. In the presentation you can clearly see a bow similar to Bristleblitz

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    Back in Diablo 2: LoD the Javazon (Amazon) used javelins, as both a thrown and melee weapon (depending on the skill and build). The idea was that it was a magically replenishing stack of javelins. Maybe they are thinking along that line. Who knows.
    Yeah Paragons in GW1 were also a ranged class that used throwing spears, they were also more like a Paladin in what their abilities did instead of a hunter class though.