Mythic Gorefiend

Any tips/suggestions for Mythic Gorefiend?

One thing I'm curious about - once the constructs start to come out, is it worth taking focus off of Gorefiend ENTIRELY to make sure I have enough Focus to use abilities on the Constructs/Essences? Am I hurting raid at all by not damaging him at all once adds start coming out (up until the Feast phase)?

Currently what I'm doing:

Saving Rapid Fire for when I'm placed downstairs.

Saving Stampede for Feast.

Deterrencing Touch Of Doom and stacking them on other Doom Wells (although I may save a charge for Feast when I need to eat an Unstable Soul).

Using Disengage to reach Shared Fate stuck person faster / reach designated Spirit spots.

Using Explosive Trap glyph to knock back Shadowy Constructs with high HP downstairs.

Glaive Toss to slow down all Constructs.

Icy Trap glyph for bigger traps upstairs.

Binding Shot for stunning constructs (particularly downstairs).

7+ Year Old Account
    Using barrage on mythic Gorefiend you risk breaking people out early, so powershot is useful. Powershot is also a free knock back in the stomach.

Glaive Toss by far better than either Barrage or Powershot. Slows are incredibly useful on that fight, especially on progress.

Also don't save Rapid Fire, just use it on pull, you really don't need the damage downstairs. Just get every mob to 40% or lower in the realm before they reach the middle and you are good.

Also, fuck the boss damage, if you do everything correctly, the boss will fall during the 3rd feast easily. Adds are a million times more important than the boss damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Glaive Toss by far better than either Barrage or Powershot. Slows are incredibly useful on that fight, especially on progress.

Also don't save Rapid Fire, just use it on pull, you really don't need the damage downstairs. Just get every mob to 40% or lower in the realm before they reach the middle and you are good.

Also, fuck the boss damage, if you do everything correctly, the boss will fall during the 3rd feast easily. Adds are a million times more important than the boss damage.
    Hunters already have a spammable 60% slow and Glaive toss is awful damage. Use barrage and learn to angle it.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Hunters already have a spammable 60% slow and Glaive toss is awful damage. Use barrage and learn to angle it.
    Glaive toss is not terrible . It's cheap and has a short cd , its perfect for that fight. It can be the difference of getting something in kill shot range.

Also @ op save rapid fire for feast, you can use it on the pull also. Play lw.
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2015-08-10 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Haha.

What?

Angle Barrage? What, so it hits a single target, where it's not worth using?

So that it maybe hits 2 Gorebound adds at once, but you could probably have spent any of those million seconds that it takes to cast (and focus spent) in that short period finishing off the higher priority one with single-target spells (Kill Shot a low Construct, AiS a high Essence, Chimaera Shot.. Anything)? A spell that does not even provide a -small- benefit during the Feast phase? A spell that you can't generate focus enough to reliably use downstairs? You're gonna pick that over a DPS increase that also slows and does not share a CD with ConcShot?

Bad advice aside, for OP:

CD usage:

RF + Ring on pull
    Stampede + RF + Ring on first feast
    RF on ADDS after the first Feast (on cooldown)
    RF + Ring on adds after the second Feast.
    RF + Ring on third feast.

And continue that pattern. It does assume that you have no problems meeting a Feast check, which basically consists of killing the boss within a Feast phase, be it the second or third. If you're not close to/killing the boss in a Feast phase, then just use the RF + Ring on a feast every time.

You're not very likely to wipe during Feast, so shortening it is not nearly as valuable as eliminating adds when it is actually difficult. The boss damage will come on this fight as people learn the fight, and are actually alive to do DPS.

Use Glaive Toss as an additional slow. Consider its travel time before using it on some low-health Construct. You wanna use and save Glaive Tosses for high-health adds downstairs (Glaive-Slow one, Conc.Shot another), and use Glaive on the lowest-health Construct outside, and Conc.Shot on higher-health ones.

Get nameplates so you don't miss Kill Shot windows on adds. Especially Essences.

Don't bother using Deterrence to stack Doom Wells, as they are really not an issue with regards to not standing in them unless the fight just drags on for too long. Rather have the extra charge for emergencies/unexpected circumstances.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-08-10 at 08:05 PM.

Azor don't think it's fair to call him out on barrage.

There is two cases where angling barrage is obviously worthwhile.

First, downstairs u can hit 4,5 adds easily using your plethora of other ccs to not need glaivetoss.

Second, upstairs you can aim sideways across the room without hitting ur adds in multiple ways.

I'd put it down to personal choice, both have their uses.

You can never have enough CC. There can only be a certain amount of adds up at once in the stomach, if you just keep slowing each add, even if they are ~30% health already, you can't get another one to spawn until it exits through the middle. This can dramatically decrease the amount of skeletons you get during the encounter.

Also in the regular platform there can sometimes be 4-5 skeletons up at once, trap and concussive shot won't always be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    Azor don't think it's fair to call him out on barrage.

There is two cases where angling barrage is obviously worthwhile.

First, downstairs u can hit 4,5 adds easily using your plethora of other ccs to not need glaivetoss.

Second, upstairs you can aim sideways across the room without hitting ur adds in multiple ways.

I'd put it down to personal choice, both have their uses.
    1) You really can't, unless you're alone and there is a fuckton of adds up that happen to be in the same place in the room, AND you happen to have 60 focus saved up for before you go in (which is unlikely unless you sacrificed yourself). Even then, Barrage does pretty pathetic damage. to the individual targets. You could spend that focus and time slowing 2 of them (Glaive + Conc.Shot), and getting one to like 50 health with an Aimed Shot (or two, if ToTH is up).

2) Sure you can, but that's only a DPS gain when there are multiple adds up. If you'd read my post you realize that I consider this possibility, and throw it out the window because CC and damaging the best targets (high health adds) is worth more than doing what, 50k damage to a number of adds over 2.5 - 3 seconds.

Here's my PoV on our down last night. Going for CC as much as possible with Glyph of Ice trap for more coverage outside. Glyph of Explosive Trap and binding arrow on the inside. If i am not chosen and we are in middle of the phase, i try to time my sacrifice to be there for the 2nd big add. Keeping Rapid Fire for the inside phase as already plenty enough raid dps for 3 feasts.
    Max dps inside as mob hp double when they go outside (and the big add goes up to 5-6 times. prepare for max burst him when he reach 70%. A 100k inside means a 500-600k outside)

Edit : barrage sucks. avoid it. go glaive if you want. can help sometimes to finish of a low enemy without having to regen focus then shoot. if aim well, can slow construct too.
    Also, Chimaera only on big adds tanked near the boss as his hitbox is huge and don't wanna hit too much the friend's ghosts. Eff dps boss. First, to have everyone on adds and get 3 feasts. If after that, he still needs dps on him, then you know how much you need.

Last edited by Ikelepte; 2015-08-12 at 07:53 AM.