Artifacts and what might happen at the Broken Shore

So I was thinking around as to WHY they are giving US, the players, legendary weapons already worn by other heroes. Ashbringer is Tirion Fordrings sword and Doomhammer belongs to Thrall.
    Then I heard about the broken shore battle they talked about, which will leave everyone who has played WoW shocked, and I think I have a theory as to what happens!

I believe they are going to use this opportunity to kill important lore figures, Thrall and Tirion, and probably many more. The warrior artifact weapon could potentially be Varian Wrynns sword, which means he will die as well.

"As the Burning Legion threatens to annihilate Azeroth, Anduin will learn the true cost of peace… and whether he's willing to pay it." is the final lines on Anduins description on the legion site, I think the cost might be his father.

This would lead perfectly into why we're establishing class halls, to form the old orders to stand against the legion, find worthy heroes to take the place of those we lost. In terms of gameplay this would set the players as the main characters in the coming battle, instead of some other NPC hero taking the glory it will be us-.

This is all pure speculation of course but to me it makes sense as to why we're getting to use these incredibly powerful weapons

Edit: Grammar
    Last edited by Doffer; 2015-08-06 at 05:35 PM.