Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I sincerely hope this is not how it works as the Blizz design philosophy has been that different specs are strong for different things (so arcane is single target and fire AoE for example). If they now make the weps hard to level for OS it will mean that swapping specs for each fight will be impossible or at least lower dps with one spec or the other then that'll mean that if I'm an arc mage and we have an AoE fight, instead of handily respeccing I'm better to be sat entirely. Not to mention all those "subtle" tuning changes completely changing spec balance without any warning..... I'm actually pretty scared of this but I guess we'll wait and see.
    I'm a bit petrified myself, though they explicitly said it wouldn't be "2x the work for 2 artifacts". I really hope it's like 1.2x at worst.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm a bit petrified myself, though they explicitly said it wouldn't be "2x the work for 2 artifacts". I really hope it's like 1.2x at worst.
    Isn't that quote meant to be for alts?
    On the other hand, since they said each spec will have their own quest to get the artifacts, I'm not sure how they will go about it. I mean, I would like to do the quest for each spec (for lore reasons), so I don't hope that I get the Fire artifact if I've done the Frost quest.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Isn't that quote meant to be for alts?
    Nope! Specifically for specs! They said alts will not get a catch-up mechanism (which I think is also dumb).

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    On the other hand, since they said each spec will have their own quest to get the artifacts, I'm not sure how they will go about it. I mean, I would like to do the quest for each spec (for lore reasons), so I don't hope that I get the Fire artifact if I've done the Frost quest.
    I'm sure what it means is that if you have an artifact at, let's say level 5, the other artifacts below 5 get like 3x XP or something *shrug*

They DID say that relics will not be character-wide, they're only spec-wide, so we'll have to "get more relics" for our other specs, but assuming Frost is good the entire expansion, I'll probably stick with it because obaby is Ebonchill fucking beautiful <3 (and I love Frost). The only way they'd get me to play Arcane is if it becomes a Chronomancer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Hmmm, good to know.

So Frost is getting a staff, arcane is probably getting a staff. Fire has sword but what I'm wondering is what does Fire's offhand look like.

Quote Originally Posted by kooriaisu View Post
    Im really hyped for this staff, but leave it to blizzard to give a FROST mage a flaming staff smh
    Did you even listen to the reveal? You can customize your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    I have lvl1 character named Alodi in my server , i guess it's time to change my mage's name and race.
    Got Alodi on ~6 servers. Gonna make a lot of mages.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This could also be the (shadow) priest weapon.
    The staff is covered in arcane runes, and the gear the person in the video is wearing is the mage salvage yard/boosted 100 set. I'm 99% sure it's the arcane mage weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    So Frost is getting a staff, arcane is probably getting a staff. Fire has sword but what I'm wondering is what does Fire's offhand look like.
    They might just not have one, Artifacts take up both weapon slots so they could basically just put whatever they like in the other hand.
    We could just be conjuring a ball of fire in our free hand at all times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except it's being wielded by someone in the WoD mage starter gear. That isn't available to anybody but mages.
    Yeah, like this trailer is known for precise details on everything. Like the Enh Shaman wielding Doomhammer as a 2H weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    One thing that sucks about the fire sword is that we need to find an offhand. I know other specs have this problem too.
    But it would have been nice to get a combination of main hand and offhand instead of just one of them. Since the staff specs won't need that extra piece of gear.
    ... Unless they plan on scrapping the whole offhand deal and only make them decorative.
    In Legion you wont loot weapons (including shields and offhands). Every one-handed weapon will also give an item for your offhand (like Doomhammer for Enhancers).

Thank god you can transmog it. That thing looks ugly

Deleted
    I want, for once in this game, to wear a sword and an off-hand. Please. Would be cool to transmog to Hailstorm or Teebu's blazing longsword etc, and some fitting off-hand from ulduar (there's a frost and a fire one)

tmorph is going to be mandatory next expansion, since you don't even get to choose what types of weapons you will wear
    Last edited by mmocb1b485114a; 2015-08-11 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Got Alodi on ~6 servers. Gonna make a lot of mages.
    Yeah, plenty of people probably frantically flocked to their servers after the announcement to get their preferred names.

I actually got Alodi on a few servers myself. Couldn't resist.

Deleted
    So glad this is a staff. Because of the large head and pommel it kinda looks like a wand and was my fear that we would be left with a weapon we could barely even see!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YakoVex View Post
    also come to think of it, I assume the mage class hall will be somewhere in Dalaran? I can't think of a more suitable location than that.
    yep i think the class hall will be the violet citadel

After seeing the upgraded version I'm also starting to think that it might be the shadow priest weapon.

You may be right - that top image has hints of Anathema about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyptheria View Post
    You may be right - that top image has hints of Anathema about it.
    Eh. We got a "shadow" Ashbringer too. Just different flavors. Still looks very arcane too me.

I am so ridiculously excited for the story / quest behind getting this staff. Aaaaaa
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

I'm still hoping that other one that people are guessing for Arcane isn't, it just doesn't look at all interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gold and green version definitely looks like it's Jaina inspired.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.