Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Those 2 doesnt seem to follow the vrykul one hand + deathwing's scale shield , cause simple those 2 look like they are made from the same thing , i guess those are probably either not finished models or weapon and shield that some npc might hold and for some reason they were among the artifact photos.

Also i hope the shield is huge no small sized :P
    The shield's base is a huge dragon scale. It's more purple than anything, though, but it could match a pre-corruption Neltharion.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Really some random vrykul sword and a dragonscale shield is the best they could come up with?

This is what i dislike about the artifact system: like 5 or 6 specs are going to get amazing well known stuff like ashbringer and doomhammer (completely ruining the lore of those weapons forever), and the rest are going to get some random made up stuff nobody ever heard about or at best some footnote lore weapon.

would be better if everybody got a made up item.

- - - Updated - - -

ashbringer is probably in the top 3 of most legendary weapons in wow ever and they have no problem using that :/
    ashbringer has not been a gettable legedary. The legendaries you can already get, will not be artifacts

- - - Updated - - -

Those 2 doesnt seem to follow the vrykul one hand + deathwing's scale shield , cause simple those 2 look like they are made from the same thing , i guess those are probably either not finished models or weapon and shield that some npc might hold and for some reason they were among the artifact photos.

The first level of the artifact looks relatively mundane. Like the normal doomhammer and ashbringer arent to flashy. They get more intricate later on. That sword and board is definatly the warrior sword and board based on what the devs said. It screams vrykul. It has dragon scales on it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I hope they are just not finished base models, because I find them quite simplistic for a weapon of Legend forged with the scales of the World Breaker. They look like dungeon drops honestly.

Also wasn't Deathwing a Black Dragon? Shouldn't the scale be black instead of purple?

This could be a Gladiator spec set (Glad could become 4th spec?) and in that case it would fit the theme of a gladiator (specially that kind of 'roman' sword).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    ashbringer has not been a gettable legedary. The legendaries you can already get, will not be artifacts

- - - Updated - - -

The first level of the artifact looks relatively mundane. Like the normal doomhammer and ashbringer arent to flashy. They get more intricate later on. That sword and board is definatly the warrior sword and board based on what the devs said. It screams vrykul. It has dragon scales on it.
    I disagree, none of these base models look mundane
    - Fire mage sword
    - Frost mage and Monk Staff
    - Hunter spear
    - DK axe

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    I hope they are just not finished base models, because I find them quite simplistic for a weapon of Legend forged with the scales of the World Breaker. They look like dungeon drops honestly.

Also wasn't Deathwing a Black Dragon? Shouldn't the scale be black instead of purple?

This could be a Gladiator spec set (Glad could become 4th spec?) and in that case it would fit the theme of a gladiator (specially that kind of 'roman' sword).

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, none of these base models look mundane
    - Fire mage sword
    - Frost mage and Monk Staff
    - Hunter spear
    - DK axe
    But Doomhammer and Ashbringer do.
    The Hunter bow is fairly simple:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ndrunner-1.jpg
    The Monk staff isnt to flashy in its first form
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...-shaohao-3.jpg

The warrior weapons being toned down a bit in the first form, imo, fit warriors well. We aint flashy. We kill shit by blood and steel. Let the mage staff be all whimsical and flashy.

Also, black dragons have been shown to have both black and purple scales. We've never seen Neltharion uncorrupted, so we can now assume he too had purple scales.

But Doomhammer and Ashbringer do.
    The Hunter bow is fairly simple:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ndrunner-1.jpg
    The Monk staff isnt to flashy in its first form
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...-shaohao-3.jpg

The warrior weapons being toned down a bit in the first form, imo, fit warriors well. We aint flashy. We kill shit by blood and steel. Let the mage staff be all whimsical and flashy.

Also, black dragons have been shown to have both black and purple scales. We've never seen Neltharion uncorrupted, so we can now assume he too had purple scales.

It looks like all these weapons (even base models) have some kind of animation, and I can't really see that happening on this shield and sword. I know we are more of Blood and Steel but there are plenty of 1h swords with better models without being that flashy that could fit Warriors:
    - Ymiron's Blade
    - Broken Promise
    - Quel'Delar
    - Soul Blade
    - Liar's Tongue
    - Fang of Twilight
    - The Horseman's Sinister Saber
    - Grand Marshal's Longsword
    - Honor's Call
    - Muramasa
    - Red Sword of Courage
    - Quel'Serrar

I'm not saying that I want these, just that they look better if they had models updated.

Same for shields:
    - Wall of Terror
    - Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark
    - Wrathful Gladiator's Barrier
    - Akmin-Kurai, Dominion's Shield
    - Blockade's Lost Shield
    Last edited by Magnosh; 2015-08-10 at 01:21 AM.

It looks like all these weapons (even base models) have some kind of animation, and I can't really see that happening on this shield and sword. I know we are more of Blood and Steel but there are plenty of 1h swords with better models without being that flashy that could fit Warriors:
    - Ymiron's Blade
    - Broken Promise
    - Quel'Delar
    - Soul Blade
    - Liar's Tongue
    - Fang of Twilight
    - The Horseman's Sinister Saber
    - Grand Marshal's Longsword
    - Honor's Call
    - Muramasa
    - Red Sword of Courage
    - Quel'Serrar

I'm not saying that I want these, just that they look better if they had models updated.
    What? The bow clearly doesnt have any animation in its base form at all, nor does Doomhammer. All ashbringer has is the glowing pendent, same with the monk staff and the bell.

Hell, the far left is the base form for weapons, and these dont have any animation or glowy bits as far as can be told.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel029.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel030.jpg (I suppose the eyes may glow)

Point is, warrior is a none magical class. It makes sense that their base weapons wouldn't glow or be flashy. We know the other forms will though.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be noted, further supporting that that, is a relic shield.

Far right, its clearly a shield, and has black scales on it. Likely one of the alternate forms.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel083.jpg

The axe next to it may also be an alternate form. Since the forms can change wildly, it may ery well change from a sword to an axe.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2015-08-10 at 01:29 AM.

What? The bow clearly doesnt have any animation in its base form at all, nor does Doomhammer. All ashbringer has is the glowing pendent, same with the monk staff and the bell.

Hell, the far left is the base form for weapons, and these dont have any animation or glowy bits as far as can be told.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel029.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel030.jpg (I suppose the eyes may glow)

Point is, warrior is a none magical class. It makes sense that their base weapons wouldn't glow or be flashy. We know the other forms will though.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be noted, further supporting that that, is a relic shield.

Far right, its clearly a shield, and has black scales on it. Likely one of the alternate forms.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel083.jpg

The axe next to it may also be an alternate form. Since the forms can change wildly, it may ery well change from a sword to an axe.
    The Axe is a pvp version of the Blood DK axe.

The DK weapon if you look at the pommel you will see that there is some fog going on there. Besides that, this, the bow and the spear have models very well done and very well detailed - opposite of that warrior sword. Even the textures seem to have higher res, but I suppose that is just a problem of the image quality we got from it.

If you look at the Warrior CM's set it glows and react to iconic spells such as Battle Shout, that doesn't make it less fit for a warrior. Hell, its probably the set that looks more fit for a warrior that i've seen ingame. That is the kind of stuff that I meant, it doesn't need to be screaming paladin or deathknight but that doesn't mean warrior stuff should be dull and boring, specially for something as important. There is a difference between being a base model and looking like a green quest reward.

The Axe is a pvp version of the Blood DK axe.

The DK weapon if you look at the pommel you will see that there is some fog going on there. Besides that, this, the bow and the spear have models very well done and very well detailed - opposite of that warrior sword. Even the textures seem to have higher res, but I suppose that is just a problem of the image quality we got from it.

If you look at the Warrior CM's set it glows and react to iconic spells such as Battle Shout, that doesn't make it less fit for a warrior. Hell, its probably the set that looks more fit for a warrior that i've seen ingame. That is the kind of stuff that I meant, it doesn't need to be screaming paladin or deathknight but that doesn't mean warrior stuff should be dull and boring, specially for something as important. There is a difference between being a base model and looking like a green quest reward.

Honestly, I like the basic simplicity of the warrior starting sword. And who knows, it may have some animation when drawn. You're likely right on the axe too, but that shield is more than likely one of the alternates for the warrior shield.

Simple can be very good. Like the MoP PvP sets were very good. This is still one of my favorite swords ever:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=91409/ty...diators-slicer

I wish that the 1 hand / shield prot and glad gets was more suited to the Gorian empire, more so for gladiators. Maybe the weapon and shield of an anicent gladiator champion during Highmauls glory. I don't mind the sword and shield made from the scales of Neltharion, but as a gladiator by heart, would like a weapon set from an actual gladiator. And where else then the race that is based of the romans.

But if glad did get its own spec, it will get the same for prot anyway, since both feral and guardian are getting the same artefact. And really, glad and prot are the same to what feral / guardian was prior to cata, excluding the 'no switching stances in combat' deal. And not restricted to a talent at level 100.

So hoping glad becomes baseline in legion if it won't get its own spec, having to be forced into a talent to play board and sword dps is kinda lame. But hey, it was an experiment, and still is until Legion comes out.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2015-08-10 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I wish that the 1 hand / shield prot and glad gets was more suited to the Gorian empire, more so for gladiators. Maybe the weapon and shield of an anicent gladiator champion during Highmauls glory. I don't mind the sword and shield made from the scales of Neltharion, but as a gladiator by heart, would like a weapon set from an actual gladiator. And where else then the race that is based of the romans.

But if glad did get its own spec, it will get the same for prot anyway, since both feral and guardian are getting the same artefact. And really, glad and prot are the same to what feral / guardian was prior to cata, excluding the 'no switching stances in combat' deal. And not restricted to a talent at level 100.

So hoping glad becomes baseline in legion if it won't get its own spec, having to be forced into a talent to play board and sword dps is kinda lame. But hey, it was an experiment, and still is until Legion comes out.
    Feral and guardian are getting the same artifact? is that confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Doesnt look flashy which is perfect for a Warrior.

Keep it simple.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Feral and guardian are getting the same artifact? is that confirmed?
    Yes, during the reveal they showed the feral artifact and said its for guardian druids as well

Yes, during the reveal they showed the feral artifact and said its for guardian druids as well
    And didn't they said it would be 36 artifacts?

We counted on: 10 class's with 3 specs and 1 class with 4 specs (druids) and lastly 1 class with 2 specs (DH) which is equal to 36 artifacts. But if Ferals and Guardians get the same artifact that means that there is one too many, could it be Gladiator turning into a 4th spec?

Edit: Scrap this, rewatched, they didn't said it would be the same, what they said was that it would be similar in the sense that you will chance they way the shapeshift looks for both guardian and feral, not that its the same artifact.
    Last edited by Magnosh; 2015-08-10 at 01:16 PM.

And didn't they said it would be 36 artifacts?

We counted on: 10 class's with 3 specs and 1 class with 4 specs (druids) and lastly 1 class with 2 specs (DH) which is equal to 36 artifacts. But if Ferals and Guardians get the same artifact that means that there is one too many, could it be Gladiator turning into a 4th spec?

Edit: Scrap this, rewatched, they didn't said it would be the same, what they said was that it would be similar in the sense that you will chance they way the shapeshift looks for both guardian and feral, not that its the same artifact.
    Let's hope so. Or perhaps Fury gets two (would fit if we end up getting mountain king weapons. So hammer + axe)

They said that Guardian's Artifact would alter their form like Ferals, not that they have the same Artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    ...I do think you're on to something here.
    I posted this in one of the other threads. I don't remember which.

I thought it was a good idea, but some simple photoshop and it looks pretty underwhelming.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Bulwark of Azzinoth size i'd like

Wouldn't "those 2 look like they are made from the same thing" imply they are a relic? Its clearly a vrykul one hander, and clearly a shield with scales on it. They are clearly a pair. Perhaps other Vrykul use copies of the sword. But with the information we have, the weapon matches exactly what blizz said it would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post

I believe this is our sword and shield boys! nothing confirmed but considiring its sitting there with the rest of the artifact weapons and had that ancient vrykul look with a tint of of the dragon neltharion this is it and it looks actuely decent.
    that looks like a 2 year old designed it OPEN YOUR EYES MAN!!!!!!!!!

Dissapointed in all these so called "warriors" who their weapons flashy like some pansy mage.