Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want temporal shield back <3

Fire redone without the horrible pain of trying to set up combustions and then failing to crit etc. AoE could be something more than spreading dots & bombs.

AoE for all three specs could use some work really, Arcane Explosion, Blizzard and Flamestrike are all pretty meh.

Well the tier 18 2p set bonus for fire was pretty nice, would like to see that included on the Artifact weapon or have it worked into the spec like that pally set bonus did.

Fire does need a revamp, i agree.

As for arcane becoming Battle mage, I'm all for it. Don't know if anyone has played Rift's Harbinger mage soul, that was a great melee battlemage, something like that would be awesome. - Link to showcase the Harbinger, Imagine an arcane version of that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj6gKTsfUgY

I just want fire to be playable again. It's half the reason I switched back to my mage and I haven't been able to play it much at all this xpac.

Deleted
    For Fire we need 2 charge IB and Combustion revamped.
    Arcane and Frost should more or less stay as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yes to all of this, especially Battle Mage.

Good point! Didn't really consider that.

Though I am curious where I can use the PvP perks. If usable in instanced PvE content, it would push people to do some PvP, no?
    No, the whole point is they can balance pvp easier without messing up pve balance. I'd imagine the pvp perks are only active in battlegrounds and arenas and world pvp zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead. And that World of Warcraft... died with him"

Please refrain from spamming forums please, thank you.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2015-08-07 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Warglaives of Azzinoth Artifacts should have an ability that will summon flames of azzinoth

10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting tidbits from this interview: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-hazzikostas/

"Classes will evolve in a number of ways in Legion. The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class. Talent changes and class changes are being made - stay tuned. The PvP talent system also gives the developers room to take PvP-type talents out of the current talent trees. PvP talents will not function in PvE environments."

Our level 45 tier will probably be redone then, which is great! That means more room for interesting PvE stuff!

Also:

"You obtain your Artifact early on in the Legion experience. This is the weapon you will use throughout the expansion. You will not get weapon drops in Legion."

Not super relevant, but still nice to know that our BiS weapon won't drop off the last boss of a raid or anything.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I want Flame orb back. If that came back, I would play fire again. I like throwing elemental balls of death at dudes and I can't do it as fire anymore because Blizzard is basically a fascist nation.

But for real, I want flame orb. Maybe the old frostfire orb too, I missed that. Hell, just give arcane an arcanefire orb.

I want purple fire too, now that I think about it. Oh, and raven form. Now that Khadgar is doing it and we've been working closely with him for a while, I think it's time he told us how to swag jack Druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    What CAN they do for Mages?

Well if we look at other classes we can see one or two things.

1.) 2 handed Frost is being removed for Death Knights. This is likely to simplify balancing issues WITHIN the spec and because DK's already have a dedicated 2 handed spec in Unholy.

2.) Survival looks like it is being made melee. Hunters therefore have 2 ranged specs and 1 melee spec, providing variety for their class. I believe the main problem with survival is that for the longest time Blizzard has struggled to provide a role for it that actually feels different.

3.)Rumors that demonology maybe due a revamp

Could we ever do that?

Arcane. Frost. Fire. Three roles that do the same thing, deal damage. We all enjoy dealing damage yet ultimately our three specs are variants of the same role.

In fact, Frost and Fire are getting very similar aren't they? We use either spec to aoe/cleave.

Could we give up one of our ranged specs in exchange for something different?

Doubt it of course but speculation is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    i want artefacts to give like, a talent tree basically. that would be so sick. that's all i want. blizz pls.
    Seems like you're in luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I just want fire to be playable again. It's half the reason I switched back to my mage and I haven't been able to play it much at all this xpac.

True. I came back to the class essentially from cata/mop launch and I'm like 'wat'. At least though frost was always fun and it hasn't changed much since then, it's just weird.

Just revamp fire to something not involving silly amounts of luck already, I don't care how, do something akin to old combustion or whatever, just change it up.

Like I don't know why they are clinging to this playstyle.

Just tweak or improve on Arcane, I like the way it plays a lot now outside of PM (Till an extent) and AM luck.

Frost needs something cool to press because it feels 'repetitive' not sure how to word this, you may think the same of arcane but you have massive bursts of power as that spec which are quite visual and it feels great to do a good burn as Arcane, I don't really notice IV much outside of the increase in damage on skada.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-hazzikostas/

So the above interview doesn't specifically mention Mages at all, but it does have some interesting class stuff...

"Classes will evolve in a number of ways in Legion. The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class. Talent changes and class changes are being made - stay tuned. The PvP talent system also gives the developers room to take PvP-type talents out of the current talent trees. PvP talents will not function in PvE environments."

So expect the L45 tier to be COMPLETELY gone (probably stuffed in the PvP talents), L30 might change up a bit, and who knows what we're gonna get in some talent places. Like MoP, we had plenty of dead/too niche talents this expansion, so do expect yet another overhaul specifically for Mages

As far as new spells, this should open up a lot more possibilities, so they might actually just be splitting PvP and PvE finally instead of purging a bunch of abilities for no good reason.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Flight Form: Raven, done.
    this! so much!

As long as we get something that changes how all 3 specs are played, so they don't play so similar, then I'm happy. I'm hoping fire gets a revamp though, and with pvp talents being separate, now is the time to create a different playstyle to what we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by fourk3y View Post
    this! so much!
    I know, right? We should get it tooooo. It's just for fun; doesn't even have to be instant if Druid wants their special snowflake status. I JUST WANT TO TURN INTO A RAVEN LIKE KHADGAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    As long as we get something that changes how all 3 specs are played, so they don't play so similar, then I'm happy. I'm hoping fire gets a revamp though, and with pvp talents being separate, now is the time to create a different playstyle to what we had before.
    I think it's almost for sure Fire getting a revamp. It really is showing how archaic it is, on top of being IMPOSSIBLE to scale without constantly tweaking/buffing/nerfing in every patch. I like Frost but I want at least one new thing for it. Arcane idc for unless they change it up. Not a fan of it atm.

ALSO COOLDOWNS. I want like ONE more offensive cooldown, maybe on a different level of offensiveness than just raw damage like we have now. Maybe a utility one too since we don't have anything now that Amp's gone (for the second time).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'd like to see Mana Adept replaced with something that doesn't penalize us for spending mana. I want mana management to come back to arcane instead of just maintaining at 90%+ forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Just revamp fire to something not involving silly amounts of luck already, I don't care how, do something akin to old combustion or whatever, just change it up.

Wat. When you say "old" do you mean Cata? Cause I proficient on that and let me tell you, most RNG thing in the universe.

Well, unless you played Alysrazor for 100% crit and millions of damage per tick.

best boss ever.

Maybe they mean old combustion as in the spell that gave you a crit buff until you crit a certain number of times.