Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Loving WW, but hating SEF

So ive played WW casual for a while. Did some raiding normal/hc etc and was doing quite decent. Mostly around 80%+ bracket etc. So i decided i wanted to try mythic on my WW.

But holy fuck, i feel like on certaint bosses using SEF is like what i spend 50% of the encouter trying to make SEF work, and if i mess up SEF it can mean around 10-15k dps less than if i dont fuck up.

And this can happen quite often cause there is no visuals other than seeing the add attacking the add. I cant see it on nameplates(from what ive learned its not possible to do this even with addons) and during encouters with multiple adds and dk massgripping i just feel like i wanna kill myself when i try to make SEF work.

So wondering if its worth trying to get SEF work on these encouters with multiple adds or just rage quit the class ? You guys who done progress raiding for some time with WW, have you learned to like SEF or did you just like it from the beginning ? I love everything else about the monk, but SEF is making me wanna throw the computer out of my window =/

/rant over

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With practice it becomes second nature. Track it with an addon or weakaura and use a mouse over or target macro. It takes more effort to not use it on some fights than to use it after using it since ToT.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-08-06 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Autocorrect ftw
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Ok i just downloaded this WA: w w w. mmo-champion.com / threads /1272451-Storm-Earth-and-Fire-WeakAura/page3

But that only shows me the HP and name of the SEF targets, still no visual effect so i can easly see what mob my clones are attacking in massiv aoe. What i would like is to be able to see a marker or debuff on the nameplate that shows me exactly which target my clone is on. Will make massiv aoe easier. Cause i often feel like by time(especially when lots of adds getting mass-gripped) getting sef on 2 diffrent targets using (mouseovermacro) and then find an add thats not target by a clone, the adds are either dead or sub 50%.
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2015-08-06 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Ok i just downloaded this WA: w w w. mmo-champion.com / threads /1272451-Storm-Earth-and-Fire-WeakAura/page3

But that only shows me the HP and name of the SEF targets, still no visual effect so i can easly see what mob my clones are attacking in massiv aoe. What i would like is to be able to see a marker or debuff on the nameplate that shows me exactly which target my clone is on. Will make massiv aoe easier. Cause i often feel like by time(especially when lots of adds getting mass-gripped) getting sef on 2 diffrent targets using (mouseovermacro) and then find an add thats not target by a clone, the adds are either dead or sub 50%.
    Well unfortunately the weakaura is all that we got, so just gotta get used to it. It's not perfect, but I love it.

Any tips on how to get more used to SEF ? Like should i try to learn when adds spawn so i can use SEF before anyone else taggs the mob ? Or any other tricks that i should learn ? Kinda started playing WW around 6.1 so prob not played enough with SEF to "like" it

Deleted
    There's also an addon called Storm, Earth and Fire on curse. It doesn't look as good as the weakaura, but it has easy to add sounds which warn you:
    - when spawning a clone
    - when a clone dies / their target dies
    - when you target a mob which has a clone on it.
    Note that you can add those to the weakaura, too, but I had some trouble with it (sometimes the sounds were not playing properly when the target of the clone died).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    There's also an addon called Storm, Earth and Fire on curse. It doesn't look as good as the weakaura, but it has easy to add sounds which warn you:
    - when spawning a clone
    - when a clone dies / their target dies
    - when you target a mob which has a clone on it.
    Note that you can add those to the weakaura, too, but I had some trouble with it (sometimes the sounds were not playing properly when the target of the clone died).
    This.. Was just about to recommend this addon. It helped me immensely when starting out!

Deleted

They added a debuff on the target of ur SEF, quite som time ago. Shows up on most nameplate addons, tidy plates, kui nameplates etc. Sucky part is that since there is no timer attached to the debuff it only updates on MouseOver.

Really ? Im using ElvUI and ive been looking for a way to beeing able to see SEF on nameplates forever.

Cant belive its not easier when blizzard them self says "No player should need addons to play the game at its highest level" and then dont seem to change SEF. Also recently noticed even tho SEF is of GCD it has its own CD on like 0.5 sec. Explains a lot why i somethings only SEF 1 target and not 2 =(

SEF is the one thing that stopped me switching to monk ages ago :P I love almost everything about it except SEF :P

Deleted
    Really ? Im using ElvUI and ive been looking for a way to beeing able to see SEF on nameplates forever.

Cant belive its not easier when blizzard them self says "No player should need addons to play the game at its highest level" and then dont seem to change SEF. Also recently noticed even tho SEF is of GCD it has its own CD on like 0.5 sec. Explains a lot why i somethings only SEF 1 target and not 2 =(
    Idd, unfortunatley it's the one thing that doesn't work on elvui nameplates.

http://git.tukui.org/Elv/elvui/issues/402 Gives u a semi-fix if u understand what they need u to do(I don't).

I hate our single target dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

as a non monk, and SEF hater from my monk alt (sat at 90.) - is it possible to do pvp effectively without SEF? is this a pve only issue?

So lately ive been grinding diffrent bosses on hc and normal that i tend to have problem on with using SEF. So atm im trying to learn Mouseover macro for SEF, but how the f do you make it target the small adds under the big bosses etc. For instance when doing kormrok i try to use SEF on the hands it tends to on the boss 99.99% of the time even if have the mouse over the small adds. Do most of you have mouseover and targeted macros so you can use both ? Also i tend to find myself just beeing able to cast 1 sef clone when using mouseover.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lately ive been grinding diffrent bosses on hc and normal that i tend to have problem on with using SEF. So atm im trying to learn Mouseover macro for SEF, but how the f do you make it target the small adds under the big bosses etc. For instance when doing kormrok i try to use SEF on the hands it tends to on the boss 99.99% of the time even if have the mouse over the small adds. Do most of you have mouseover and targeted macros so you can use both ? Also i tend to find myself just beeing able to cast 1 sef clone when using mouseover.
    SEF has its own small CD, 0.5s I believe. So if you're pressing it too fast then you wont get both up.

Not sure hands are generally up long enough for SEF unless you have no other AOE in your group. Obviously if one target is inside the other target then it will be difficult. I have nameplates turned on and typically just use those to mouseover.

I have a razer naga mouse, and it has the toggle on the mouse wheel so i can toggle it left and right as extra buttons and i keep my left toggle mapped to it, so when i enter an encounter i can just *click**click* and put them up. honestly i dont even run an addon (prolly should) and just mentally keep track and keep an eye on the buff bar to make sure they are up.

So my advice is really just map it to a mouse button. but thats me...I'm prolly playing super inefficient but i top meters for atleast melee dps, some times the whole raid.

This is what im trying to do(use mouseover on nameplates), but the game seem to be confused most of the time

Also noticed my dps going up drasticly on Xhul, when going back to using SEF wihtout mousover macro. Due to dk massgripping adds to the boss, Mouseover often just ended up hitting the boss over and over. Ofc this is not optimal, cause i will have to click on the boss again after casting sef to use any spells =/

Do you guys change from mouseover and targeted SEF depending on encounter or should i just use mouseover till i get it to work ?
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2015-08-07 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a WW newb, when exactly should you use SEF? Also, you can have up to 2 clones, right? So 3 of you total? When should you use 1 clone or 2 clones?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    sef is just bad design atm

Quote Originally Posted by everday View Post
    sef is just bad design atm
    no it isn't, it's the worst!