Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Same as Ashbrigner is wielded by Tirion and Doomhammer by Thrall?
    Anyways, be it as it is, Khadgar is not a warlock. Tirion is a paladin, and Thrall is a shaman.
    This can not be a Warlock item

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    why would we even want that fucking woodenstick.

-

We'll get skull of guldan, i guarantee it.

and on the atiesh thing, did we even get a reason why kadhgar has it, and why medan doesnt?
    also, medivh wasn't a mage, nor is he a warlock.
    None of you is right, since Guldan is the endboss of the second Legion raid, like Blackhand was in BRF, and not yet dead / killed when you are obtaining your artifact.
    But also, there is the MU, dead Guldan, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    None of you is right, since Guldan is the endboss of the second Legion raid, like Blackhand was in BRF, and not yet dead / killed when you are obtaining your artifact.
    But also, there is the MU, dead Guldan, hmm.
    His MU skull is drained of almost all its power, and already obtainable. They made a pretty hard point of not using obtainable weapons, so Gul'dan's skull is unlikely either way.

I'm still pinning for the Book of Medivh for demo locks at least. If they can make an off-hand impressive and visible enough that is.

I don't think Ateish is going to be available. Kadghar is currently using it and it seems that they have been setting him up as a major protagonist. I don't think he is developed enough for them to kill him off right at the start of Legion. In any case, because it was wielded by the Guardians, who are mages, I don't think it would ever go to a warlock who decided that "magic is great and all but dat fel magic!"

As for Terron Gorefiend's Truncheon, although I like the idea for a warlock, when we saw him wield it, he was a death knight. It was also said that the truncheon was the source of his "necromantic powers" and it appears that the truncheon is a mace. For these reasons, it seems death knights may have a claim on it before warlocks. I also understand that Teron'gor was a warlock before his death and rebirth as the first death knight, but as far as I know, we are unaware of when he actually got the truncheon. I don't recall Teron'gor wielding it in WoD.

Gul'dan's staff disappears at the end of the cinematic, which means it may be possible to get it somehow. That being said, a staff matching the model of Gul'dan's can be found in any lowbie area at about level 10. The staff itself isn't particularly cool and I'm not sure how much the art team could do with it without taking major liberties.

I think my favorite pick so far is the jeweled scepter of Sargeras. It's a lore-based item of great power with whereabouts unknown. Best guess is that Ner'zhul had it with him when he went to Kil'jaeden, but that isn't known for certain. It was also used to create portals, which is really warlock's thing. There are a lot of ways they could provide lore to allow the warlocks to acquire the item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gildelicil View Post
    I don't think Ateish is going to be available. Kadghar is currently using it and it seems that they have been setting him up as a major protagonist. I don't think he is developed enough for them to kill him off right at the start of Legion. In any case, because it was wielded by the Guardians, who are mages, I don't think it would ever go to a warlock who decided that "magic is great and all but dat fel magic!"

As for Terron Gorefiend's Truncheon, although I like the idea for a warlock, when we saw him wield it, he was a death knight. It was also said that the truncheon was the source of his "necromantic powers" and it appears that the truncheon is a mace. For these reasons, it seems death knights may have a claim on it before warlocks. I also understand that Teron'gor was a warlock before his death and rebirth as the first death knight, but as far as I know, we are unaware of when he actually got the truncheon. I don't recall Teron'gor wielding it in WoD.

Gul'dan's staff disappears at the end of the cinematic, which means it may be possible to get it somehow. That being said, a staff matching the model of Gul'dan's can be found in any lowbie area at about level 10. The staff itself isn't particularly cool and I'm not sure how much the art team could do with it without taking major liberties.

I think my favorite pick so far is the jeweled scepter of Sargeras. It's a lore-based item of great power with whereabouts unknown. Best guess is that Ner'zhul had it with him when he went to Kil'jaeden, but that isn't known for certain. It was also used to create portals, which is really warlock's thing. There are a lot of ways they could provide lore to allow the warlocks to acquire the item.

Well Guardians aren't mages. just sayin.

also gorefiend Death Knight are not the same as, for example, Mograine Death Knight so i don't really see them getting that. Maybe youre right thou.

Hakkar the Houndmaster's whip (demonology) and Soulfeast the Devourer (affliction) are my favorites so far, Jeweled Scepter for Destro is possible but not likely...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

However Atiesh is a really strong and well-known weapon and even a demon was inside it, i doubt it.

And even if it was really strong and stuff, honestly it looks pretty lame. I will feel bad if i'll have a simple stick in my hand while the Frost mages have that cool blue staff.

C'mon guys... It's obvious Atiesh is a hunter weapon!

Someone on another forum made the coolest suggestion that I had to steal to repeat it here.

One of the Warlock artifact weapons is the original Skull of Gul'dan. Then when you defeat AU Gul'dan in the Surmar Palace raid, it unlocks a new skin that adds a second skull.

wish it was an offhand tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Someone on another forum made the coolest suggestion that I had to steal to repeat it here.

One of the Warlock artifact weapons is the original Skull of Gul'dan. Then when you defeat AU Gul'dan in the Surmar Palace raid, it unlocks a new skin that adds a second skull.
    That thought is so 20 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    really what we need is to be dual wielding MU and AU Gul'dan's skull.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I just hope not all specs will be forced to use a staff

I hate staffs. I'll take an awesome looking dagger or sword or wand over a clumsy staff anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I just hope not all specs will be forced to use a staff
    The Devs are big on silhouette recognition and easy visual identification. My money is on each spec using a different weapon type whenever possible. That's all classes, not just Warlocks.

Most likely one Warlock spec will use a staff, one a sword, and one a dagger. The 1h weapons might or might not come with an OH. Since there's no weapon drops and we'll only ever be using the artifacts, they can just stat a 1h sword the same as a 2h staff and skip the OH if they want to. Which they very well might, unless they change it so the OH is visible on your character.

The Devs are big on silhouette recognition and easy visual identification. My money is on each spec using a different weapon type whenever possible. That's all classes, not just Warlocks.
    Mages already appear to have 2 staves and a sword, so that won't be firm.

I'd be inclined to agree generally though.

Mages already appear to have 2 staves and a sword, so that won't be firm.
    AFAIK we only have the Frost staff and Fire sword confirmed. There's a staff in the video that looks like it might be Arcane, but it also might be for Shadow Priest. Did I miss any official word on that?

I'm not saying I wouldn't believe in two staves. The other competing design goal is to have big visible artifacts, and a staff is a lot bigger than a wand or dagger. Just that I don't think it's a settled topic.

Book of Medivh. Hands down #1 on the book slot. Kel'Thuzad had it, where is it now? I WANT IT!
    Jeweled Scepter of Sargaras? yes please.
    Skull of Gul'dan, sure why not. I forgot to add that Gul'dan is a boss in Legion so we can kill him and tear his skull out of him
    Atiesh would be good if it wasn't already available...
    Orb of Dominion? add it to the list.
    Cipher of Damnation, if it didn't explode...

I can't really think of more, but the warlock artifact has to be the most OP lore wise weapon because warlocks are power hungry.
    Last edited by darkmankill1; 2015-08-29 at 08:23 PM.

I believe that with us warlocks they could go for something more of a spec-flavored set more than a lore-heavy weapon, and then tie it with whatever they see fit.
    I can see them giving Affliction a ritual-themed set of a dagger and a reliquary of souls that would contain its soul shards and then remove the floating ones and put them into a minor cosmetic glyph... And then trying to have a soul-consuming character's remains (Gorefiend? Nerzhul?) infuse it with power.
    Destruction is all about casting fire and shit so they could get a staff either created in the Nether or in the Realm of Fire or wielded by one of the most powerful inhabitants - so we could get a Firelands / Netherstorm inspired staff that has a fel-fire cosmetic model to go with those who choose to use the Green Fire.
    And Demonology would either get a lore-heavy offhand (probably the Book of Medivh, or something associated to Scholomance's summoners?) and either a sword to fight side by side with a crap-ton of minions, or a wand to command them... Tying it to Scholomance, a Nathrezim, or even to a Pit Lordcould be awesome and have a demonmaster feel to it that I would like.

AFAIK we only have the Frost staff and Fire sword confirmed. There's a staff in the video that looks like it might be Arcane, but it also might be for Shadow Priest. Did I miss any official word on that?.
    Dudes wearing magister pieces in the trailer while using the base form of the staff which is literally an arcane rune surrounded with arcane crystals.

Dudes wearing magister pieces in the trailer while using the base form of the staff which is literally an arcane rune surrounded with arcane crystals.
    Ah, well then. I'll take your word for it. Mage is one of the handful of classes I've never leveled an alt for, so I'm less than familiar with their iconography.

I laughed when the OP stated Atiesh as the warlock legendary lol.

What's next? Ashbringer for hunters? Warglaives of Azzinoth for priests?

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I laughed when the OP stated Atiesh as the warlock legendary lol.

What's next? Ashbringer for hunters? Warglaives of Azzinoth for priests?

While it may not fit the lore it was able to be wielded by Priest, Druid or Mage. Likely though they will get something else as many have said the book of medivh was the most complete spell book possible but also has a great deal of dark magic detailed in it.