10+ Year Old Account

This invasion is "bigger than the last one?"

This comment intrigued me. The last time the Legion attacked Azeroth, they made a lot of lasting changes to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Part of Ashenvale became Felwood. Lordaeron was taken over and eventually fell into the hands of the Forsaken, who were part of the Legion during most of WarCraft III. That invasion was huge... and if this next one is BIGGER, then maybe... just maybe...

... we will see another Cataclysm-style revamp of the two core continents. Maybe not every zone, but that would make sense. They also said that longtime players will be "shocked." That would certainly shock us. It would also fit a pattern: Azeroth and Kalimdor were modified after two expansions. Legion will be two expansions after the last modification. A lot of zones from Cataclysm could certainly use another update.

This is purely conjecture on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just all talk. The Legion is moving more troops into Azeroth maybe, but it really sounds like we're going to confront them before they're able to leave the Broken Isles and do anything to attack the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like some of the zones to be remade and I think this invasion is a great reason to do that.

Deleted
    again?

it's like you guys didn't learn anything from Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    again?

it's like you guys didn't learn anything from Cataclysm
    We did. We learned it's awesome.

Deleted
    Apparently however many troops they sent last time, they've doubled it.

Deleted
    I think they overplayed their hand here. It's the biggest Legion invasion of Azeroth ever. Bigger than the Reign of Chaos, bigger than the War of the Ancients. And yet...The Broken Isles are pristine. It would make much more sense if we were just seeing the first vanguard of the Legion arriving on the Isles.

I wonder if Wrathion will play a part in this expansion. He pretty much predicted they would return in the MoP legendary questline. It'd be weird if he is absent.