Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    you bring something to mind. About handing over the mantle.

Can anyone explain this alternate u inverse shit they are trying to establish? I read that in this timeline these are the defacto GBs. But in another movie there will be another cast.

Then they will join up in some end of world event or something.

How in the fuck??!

This is out of some comic book level of plot. When has ghostbusters been that way? Can someone get me up to speed?
    is it really that hard to grasp the concept of a multiverse?

as far as i can tell, most, if not all ghostbusters movies going forward will be alternate universe versions of them. and every once in awhile they will cross over in crossover movies that threaten both or all realities.

for example, ghostbusters 3 will take place in the original timeline with a new team of ghostbusters, then there will be a crossover movie where both teams join up together.

theres also going to be a movie that has a team of ghostbusters taking place during colonial times, the initial idea was, what if the ghostbusters were responsible for roanoke colonys disappearance (although whether thats the actual final plot or not who knows)

then theres a movie which will be a duo movie with pratt and tatum, whether this is a continuation of one of the timelines or its own like the other 3 who knows. theyve also consistently flip flopped on whether or not this movie even exist with fiege saying it doesnt but internal leaks and the guy who announced it swearing it is.

then theres the already officially announced animated ghostbusters movie. this COULD feature the orignals, the ghostbusters 3 team, the reboot team, all of them, or a brand new team unrelated. we dont know much other than theyre getting some of the people who did the lego movie to make it.

theres also the also officially announced ghostbusters show that takes place in the far future which will be a cartoon that i believe takes place in the new movies timeline of the future but i cant remember.

its kind of the inverse of a cinematic universe. its a cinematic multiverse.

- - - Updated - - -

About that? Is it a good thing? I know it's too early to tell the gross earnings for the entire run, but this is what I am asking.

Is having a low expectation something to be proud of? If Legendary estimated Warcraft to make 40 million, and it made 40 million, is it a good thing that they met expectations?

And I wanna be clear, I have no idea how this film will do in the end. It may make 500 million. Or stop at 50. I'm just asking about whether or not hitting that mark is really a good thing?
    the thing about warcraft is that while it hit its opening expectations, those expectations were for worldwide.

while they did expect warcraft to make most of its money from china, they didnt expect it to be a total flop in america to the point it only made what? 20 or 30 million for its whole run?

if warcraft was even mediocre in america instead of a total flop it wouldve been one of the biggest movies when combined with its chinese and international earnings.

which is why a warcraft sequel is likely. despite not turning a profit it still made alot of money internationally. if they can lower the budget a bit and better market it domestically they'll make a shit ton of money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Sony been trying for years now to make a marvel. They tried with spiderman and it bombed hard. They are trying with this now, thank god it bombed, sony picture just sucks right now.
    look, i get you dont like the movie but dont make up lies.

the movie critically has done well, and its doing exactly as predicted so far in the box office. its in no way at all a bomb.

if we see major drop offs and it ends up not turning a profit during its runs THEN you can call it a bomb. you cant call a movie with good word of mouth and a respectable box office a bomb. thats not what a bomb is.

john carter is a bomb, judge dredd is a bomb, pacific rim and warcraft in the us is a bomb. this movie is doing exactly as they expected it too and unless we see a major dip in sales its on track to be succesful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its called a example that disproved your comment..
    no its called you comparing a movie with full frontal nudity, a whole montage of sex scenes including one where the main character gets fucking pegged, and extreme graphic violence and drug use to a movie with a couple adult jokes.

especially when the original which you claim is for kids had multiple sex scenes, a ghost blowjob, and multiple other innuendos and yet for me and all the other kids that loved ghostbusters it was a great movie.

i dont know if you know this, but its common place for childrens media to have adult jokes in them because its assumed, that, if the media is good or is something like a movie that parents will be watching it with them so they put in jokes that kids wont get so the parents have something to be entertained with too.

have you ever gone back and watched cartoons?

rocko worked at a fucking sex line in an episode and that show was perfectly acceptable for kids because kids wouldnt get the joke in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well let's be honest, "Pets" was going to steamroll anything that came out. In this case, it just didn't have to work very hard to do it.
    exactly. marketing for that movie has been everywhere and in every childrens movie for over a year now and it looked amazing with an a list cast.

imo pets is pixar level quality
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's rated PG-13 and I read the content advisory. I think it's suitable for a 10 and 6 year old.
    Ofc...only an american can belive a PG13 film is okay for 10 and 6 years old....#bestparenting2016

Are you guys sure the cinemas are empty? perhaps there are female ghosts in them? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    We're in the summer of flops nothing is doing very well. Jungle Book, Dory, and Civil War being the only real hits. The US public just don't seem to be going to the Theater for some reason.

Independence Day 2 is doing bad. Tarzan flopped (even though its a good movie). BFG flopped, Free State of Jones was a disaster, TMNT 2 flopped. Its been a hard Summer for movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Went to see GB with my younger daughter today. The plot (and of course the effects) was better than the original, but the dialogue and comedic delivery had problems.
    Im sorry but WTF the effects were shit and the plot was a rip off of the original just without Gozer.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-07-18 at 05:11 AM.

Deleted
    Went to see GB with my younger daughter today. The plot (and of course the effects) was better than the original, but the dialogue and comedic delivery had problems.
    You forgot the /s!

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Eh, it was okay. Kevin Hart as the bunny is so distracting, it just takes you out of the movie every time the bunny opens his mouth.

It's certainly no Despicable Me.
    Meh I don't mind him depending the role.

- - - Updated - - -

Animated movies have been on a roll this year.
    Zootopia is in the top 3 movies of this year for me.

Right be behind Deadpool #1 and Civil War #2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you ever gone back and watched cartoons?

rocko worked at a fucking sex line in an episode and that show was perfectly acceptable for kids because kids wouldnt get the joke in the first place
    Oh I have seen many old shows and ya alot of content in them is not kid friendly.

Ren and stimpy is another perfect example of this. Doesn't matter ether way because I am not talking about those cartoons I am talking about Ghostbusters and by kids I mean those less then 13 (Or so) in age.

Also
    especially when the original which you claim is for kids had multiple sex scenes
    I never claimed this you got me mixed up with someone else.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-18 at 07:09 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Meh I don't mind him depending the role.

- - - Updated - - -

Zootopia is in the top 3 movies of this year for me.

Right be behind Deadpool #1 and Civil War #2.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I have seen many old shows and ya alot of content in them is not kid friendly.

Ren and stimpy is another perfect example of this. Doesn't matter ether way because I am not talking about those cartoons I am talking about Ghostbusters and by kids I mean those less then 13 (Or so) in age.
    yeah and those cartoons were aimed at children less than 13. just like ghostbusters.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

yeah and those cartoons were aimed at children less than 13. just like ghostbusters.
    Notice how those shows or anything alike isn't on the air anymore? Also no Ghostbusters isn't aimed at children less then 13 since it has a PG 13 rating
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-18 at 07:30 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Notice how those or anything alike isn't on the air anymore? Also no Ghostbusters isn't aimed at children less then 13 since it has a PG 13 rating
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
    films dont choose their ratings. the rating commities do.

ghostbusters has been advertising on nickelodeon nonstop all week. how many kids older than 13 watch nickelodeon all the time? they even have segments where two little kids fight slimer, the kids are maybe 10 years old. not to mention all of the toys specifically aimed at young kids and the games aimed towards kids theyve released.

also yes, cartoons like that are still on the air. steven universe has multiple episodes with adult jokes in it as do adventure time, pickle and peanut, gravity falls.

theres an episode of adventure time where finn keeps having dreams of fire princess shooting fire at his dick.

- - - Updated - - -

--snip-
    Once again its almost like things are different now.

Really I guess it boils down to each person on weather or not its ok for kids to see X,Y or Z.

I wouldn't take my 9 year old to see Deadpool even tho I seen many parents do just that when I went.

Once again its almost like things are different now.

Really I guess it boils down to each person on weather or not its ok for kids to see X,Y or Z.

I wouldn't take my 9 year old to see Deadpool even tho I seen many parents do just that when I went.
    again, nobody said to take kids to deadpool. deadpool is rated r.

and what do you mean times are different now? adventure time is a show thats on NOW.

again, nobody said to take kids to deadpool. deadpool is rated r.

and what do you mean times are different now? adventure time is a show thats on NOW.
    I say GB is PG-13 your reply is
    films dont choose their ratings. the rating commities do.
    But yet you try to use my argument with Deadpool. Bottom is line its up to the parents to decide if its ok for there kid or not.

Personally I don't think GB(2016) is ok for anyone and I don't watch adventure time sooo.

I say GB is PG-13 your reply is

But yet you try to use my argument with Deadpool. Bottom is line its up to the parents to decide if its ok for there kid or not.

Personally I don't think GB(2016) is ok for anyone and I don't watch adventure time sooo.
    deadpool specifically aimed for an r rating...

deadpool specifically aimed for an r rating...
    And GB is animed at a PG-13 rating unless you got something to prove different.

To add about the original GB it only had a PG rating
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/

And GB is animed at a PG-13 rating unless you got something to prove different.

To add about the original GB it only had a PG rating
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/
    advertising to children doesnt prove differently? lol.

advertising to children doesnt prove differently? lol.
    You do realize Deadpool was also avertised to kids right?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Se...x-Set/33397102
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Deadpool-F...bs-Up/49713347
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Mop...dpool/48240495

So no avertising to kids doesn't prove anything. It just proves they want to sell shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-18 at 08:45 AM.

You do realize Deadpool was also avertised to kids right?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Se...x-Set/33397102
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Deadpool-F...bs-Up/49713347
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Mop...dpool/48240495

So no avertising to kids doesn't prove anything. It just proves they want to sell shit.
    those arent kids toys, those are adult toys..

those arent kids toys, those are adult toys..
    First link
    Age Range: 8 - 11 Years
    Last checked 8-11 year olds are not adults. Avertising adult products to kids is nothing new, remember candy cigarettes....
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/CANDY-CIGA...&wl13=&veh=sem

Also for another example EA just openly admitted they aim there M rated title Battlefield to kids.....

Notice how those shows or anything alike isn't on the air anymore?
    Most of the team behind SpongeBob was also behind Rocko, and let's just say they most certainly have not left their perverted sense of humor behind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hillenburg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hill_(director)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Jennings_(artist)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Drymon
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2016-07-18 at 12:47 PM.

is it really that hard to grasp the concept of a multiverse?

as far as i can tell, most, if not all ghostbusters movies going forward will be alternate universe versions of them. and every once in awhile they will cross over in crossover movies that threaten both or all realities.
    No, The concept is easy. Especially with the way comics work.

The thing is that GB never came off to me as that kind of film. The reason I liked it is because it seemed more real (as real as ghosts and gods and walking statues could be). They were just regular people in the real world dealing with some batshit crazy situations with science and down to earth humor. Like how they fucked up most property whenever they work. Cause they were amateurs dealing with extremely deadly nuclear level weapons... It was funny to me.

Multiverse stuff... Look, I am not gonna say it has no place in the Ghostbusters Universe. It's not my property. If the GRRM decides his last two books will take place on a space ship dealing with Aliens and starfleet's then that is his choice.

What I can say is that I officially don't care about the Ghostbusters franchise beyond GB 1 and 2 now.

Sure, i can give all of them a chance, but unless I hit the lotto, i am not gonna waste my money on a film series that has already turned me off. I rather take my limited resources and watch films that actually garner my interest. I think that is reasonable.

So Good luck Sony, but I won't be one of the people sitting in the theaters to support their weird comic book multiverse ghostbusters franchise.

[B]What I can say is that I officially don't care about the Ghostbusters franchise beyond GB 1 and 2 now.
    You didn't like the game?