Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok...some random thoughts.
    I didn't go in all prepped to hate this movie.

I found the movie bland for the most part.

Our characters weren't all that fleshed out. Wiig's was probably the most so...although McKinnon's was probably the most memorable as she at times whips out experimentation and weapons gleefully indifferent to the dangers to those around her and herself.
    She was funny and she steals the movie.

There was a group dynamic that was obvious in the original movie that is missing in this current incarnation. Half the time when there were together it seemed like squeaky cogs meshing...and needing oil.

The bad guy in this movie is a cliche. (a pity. He would have made a nice counterpart to Holtzmann)

Now, the original we had Janine; a smart wisecracking empowered woman.
    Here, we have Kevin; an objectified stupid blonde man. (Really? Wearing glasses without lenses in them because they keep clean that way? That's a cartoon character.)
    There are no smart guys here (beyond the bad guy) and there are no strong guys here. If this is a movie that is supposed to show empowered women it shouldn't do so with such examples that we see here among the men.

I felt this movie was uninspired, clumsy and more often than not, just dumb.

This movie will be compared to the original and fall far short of it in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    This is parody, right?
    Based solely on the titles of the two videos he has released with opposite messages...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Based solely on the titles of the two videos he has released with opposite messages...yes.
    Oh thank FSM.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Is he for real?
    This is parody, right?
    Umm, well... It's like a neon sign on his face. He's like one breath away from breaking into laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Umm, well... It's like a neon sign on his face. He's like one breath away from breaking into laughter.
    I'm horrible at reading faces.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    I'm horrible at reading faces.
    Then again, could be I'm the one who's wrong, and that guy was being completely serious.

well they do apparently make males in that movie seem like their all idiots, the first one didint do that with the women that were in the show. they said it wasnt a girl power thing and then they had a girl power rally at a school prior to the movies release. honestly i have not seen it so my knowledge is rather limited on the matter. mine is based on what angryjoe had to say about it, doesnt really seem worth spending money on since i have seen the older versions and they are better according to most souces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I love this movie! The 2016 version is better than the other two.

Thanks I need a laugh a day to keep the doctor away

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Mommy, what's a 'Queef'?"
    A beautiful passage of femininity that only you and I can do, not daddy. Cause fuck men.

what the.....

can't say I'm a fan although come to think of it, maybe there are still people that would love to see this on the big screen

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Clearly you don't remember the 1000 page thread on this forum
    Should I? You're comparing a thread on a video game forum to an argument generating headlines in the Western world for half a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Thanks I need a laugh a day to keep the doctor away
    I know the movie was hilarious!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    A beautiful passage of femininity that only you and I can do, not daddy. Cause fuck men.
    I never understood the need for a qweef. Women can't fart or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I never understood the need for a qweef. Women can't fart or something?
    Do I have to bring out a textbook Very different areas of the body!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Mommy, what's a 'Queef'?"
    You'd be surprised at what kids already know.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Do I have to bring out a textbook Very different areas of the body!

I know I know. What I was getting at is why they feel the need to make their own fart joke. Men do fart jokes (I guess) but women also fart. So they could do it too. Instead they make a female exclusive joke.

I'd understand if guys always went to penis jokes. Women can't helicopter or whatever. But they can fart.

I just don't get why this film is so hardcore on the girl power thing. If I had an audience of mixed gender, why go for gender specific jokes? Just make a fart joke that everyone relates to.

Anyway, it's still low brow comedy. I was just questioning why to start off with something that is akin to "we have a girl version of farts".

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its not a movie for kids just a heads up.
    thats not true. i saw tons of little kids dressed as ghostbusters and i brought my 5 year old nephew and 12 year old nephew they all loved it and were bouncing around pretending to fight ghosts afterwards.

theres nothing in this movie unsuitable for kids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I know I know. What I was getting at is why they feel the need to make their own fart joke. Men do fart jokes (I guess) but women also fart. So they could do it too. Instead they make a female exclusive joke.

I'd understand if guys always went to penis jokes. Women can't helicopter or whatever. But they can fart.

I just don't get why this film is so hardcore on the girl power thing. If I had an audience of mixed gender, why go for gender specific jokes? Just make a fart joke that everyone relates to.

Anyway, it's still low brow comedy. I was just questioning why to start off with something that is akin to "we have a girl version of farts".
    because girls make queef jokes all the time to themselves in real life. south park even had an episode about it, also making fun of guys like yous reactions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    She was funny and she steals the movie..
    me and shadow agreeing on something.

whelp, its the end of the god damn world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Should I? You're comparing a thread on a video game forum to an argument generating headlines in the Western world for half a year.
    people arguing about rey was all over the internet up until like a month or two ago. and before that it was people complaining there was a black stormtrooper
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Guys like me? What's my reaction?

Cause I just don't get it. And I haven't heard any girl in real life make a qweef joke. Maybe they do it all the time. I dunno. But I have a lot of female relatives and friends. Like , a lot. I have 2 male relatives in all of America, the rest are women, and I have 4 sisters and I'm the only guy my mom had. So I spend a lot of time with women.

Not one qweef joke heard.

/shrug

Maybe they just don't do it around me.

And mind you, I'm not pissed or disgusted by it. I'm also not a fan of fart jokes. I just wonder what's the appeal with a qweef. If I saw my favorite comic, and he did dick jokes, he would soon be my least favorite comic.

Everyone relates to a fart. Even people who don't find it funny like me. If you had to choose a joke to appeal to the masses, why Choose a dick or a pussy joke and alienate 50% of the population? Ghostbusters isn't exactly a niche thing that only women (or men) are a fan of. Why alienate one side like that?

- - - Updated - - -

So a quick browse of the net.

People apparently think farts and poping is the domain of men only. The example of duck jokes I will concede on. I don't find them funny, but I can't pretend I don't hear some.

But if it was only that I'd call this qweef joke justified. But that isn't what people are saying. They are literally arguing that each time someone makes a fart joke or a poo joke, only men can relate. So a qweef joke for women is necessary and awesome.

Don't we all have assholes? Is it really gender sentric to make jokes about that? Must be a motherfucker being a woman then. I had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god. Now I'm thinking of that Grown Ups fart sneeze joke.

Someone fucking kill me.

Deleted
    So, basically, the movie is a female "Adam Sandler" fart comedy? Why use the Ghostbusters IP at all then?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not true. i saw tons of little kids dressed as ghostbusters and i brought my 5 year old nephew and 12 year old nephew they all loved it and were bouncing around pretending to fight ghosts afterwards.
    I saw many kids at Deadpool and many kids play "Superhero" That doesn't mean Deadpool is a kid friendly movie and nether is Ghostbusters (2016).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, basically, the movie is a female "Adam Sandler" fart comedy? Why use the Ghostbusters IP at all then?
    Because the IP sells.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD