Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are probably getting too ahead of ourselves. Blizz will probably give us sick nasty weapons as drops from quests and dungeons as wel level from 100-110. At least i hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    Blizz will probably give us sick nasty weapons as drops from quests and dungeons as wel level from 100-110. At least i hope so
    Did you not read any of the Legion information? There are no weapon drops.

I thought there would be just that your "Artefact" will beat all

Nope, no weapon drops, but your artifact will be socketable with Relics that will be dropping instead of weapons on the loot tables.

Also, they said that while other weapons could not be transmoged to look like Artifacts, Artifacts could be transmoged into other weapons. If you didn't happen to like having Artifact glaives for some reason. They'll likely fall in the 1H category.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'll be starting by gathering this set as a good starter kit. Easy to get, looks good, and the pieces are generic enough that they can mixed and matched into other transmogs easily. Especially the top.

- - - Updated - - -

As cool as the shirtless look is, I'd much prefer an open robed look, but it's not available in player armor as yet. Here's to hoping.

Don't know if this has been posted already but I hope Blizzard gives us another batch of Challenge Mode gear. It's going to suck, if they don't, being the only class without a set. At the very least, I can't see them NOT doing CM's next expac, especially since they're putting a lot of emphasis on dungeon content.
    Last edited by Pockitt; 2015-08-25 at 06:45 PM.

I have to make a post before I can post links...

I will be keeping both starter sets they give us, both weps and armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockitt View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted already but I hope Blizzard gives us another batch of Challenge Mode gear. It's going to suck, if they don't, being the only class without a set. At the very least, I can't see them NOT doing CM's next expac, especially since they're putting a lot of emphasis on dungeon content.
    But you had your CM gear. You had to play warlock in MoP though

I think this thread should have - Pre Legion in it's title and make a new one once legion is released

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    I think this thread should have - Pre Legion in it's title and make a new one once legion is released
    Beta is just around the corner. The first post will get a nice warning for spoilers so that folks in beta can post their xmogs here. Keeping things kept together.

I don't think we're going to see much change now with what DH can and cannot use but we'll see!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

something like this I think:

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...j808lUW808lUW8

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...j808rNr808rNr8

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...j808siB808siB8

*hair style may vary. sometimes Quel'Derar offhand will be replaced with Quel'Serrar. not sure how chest will work out so I let it blank for now. when there is something new about it I might change.

htink I found a new fitting blade for a DH:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=124385/b...word&bonus=567

You won't be able to transmog your glaives into other weapons - glaives will have their own combat animations and are thus incompatible with other weapon types.

we will see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    You won't be able to transmog your glaives into other weapons - glaives will have their own combat animations and are thus incompatible with other weapon types.
    [citation needed]

You can, just how other weapon types switch AA animations when moged.

Here's a few ideas I've had. It's not easy making Demon Hunter sets right now as there really isn't much gear that actually suits them well enough:

10+ Year Old Account
    The restriction that only weapons with the same animations can be mogged between is a Blizzard choice, not some technical limitation (you can see that in bows, crossbows and guns being able to be mogged between, despite having different animations). It remains to be seen whether they keep that limitation in the revamped transmog system, or go to something more intuitive, like all one-handers can be mogged between, all two-handers, etc.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I would put a hefty bet that we will be able to xmog between Glaives and 1h swords at release... Else, what would the point of enabling us to use 1h swords be, considering that -every- 1h sword will be worse than our artifacts? (as the only sword drops available would all be pre-legion content drops)

Personally, I'm kinda hoping we could add fists to that as well, even if it might not be most consistent lore thing... Then again, that's also probably a big longshot, considering that you can't currently xmog fists into anything but fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I would put a hefty bet that we will be able to xmog between Glaives and 1h swords at release... Else, what would the point of enabling us to use 1h swords be, considering that -every- 1h sword will be worse than our artifacts? (as the only sword drops available would all be pre-legion content drops)
    Yeah, I agree that they'll probably make glaives and one-handed swords moggable into each other for the reason you gave. They've already broken the "same combat animation" rule a few times (bows/guns/crossbows being cross-moggable, two-handed swords/maces/axes being cross-moggable with polearms), so this seems like a pretty obvious place to break it as well.

The only problem I see is that they said the glaive weapon type will be a single item that uses both hands (and visually shows one in each hand). That doesn't seem to work well with transmog...how do you transmog one item (the glaive) into two items (two one-handed swords)? It's a solvable problem, but it could lead to complications.

My hope is that with the new transmog system, they ditch the "combat animations" rule altogether and just make all one-handed weapons cross-moggable, all two-handed weapons cross-moggable and all ranged weapons cross-moggable (as they already are). With the above issue regarding glaives solved so that it can be cross-mogged with any two one-handed weapons.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.