12/13H But Fel Lord Zakuun Still Gives Problems - Help, W/ Logs

I have no idea what it is about this boss, but he is a pain in are arse. Some weeks we can one shot him, some we just feel completely suffocated by the bad luck of mass explosions and bad pillars. Here is our logs, and our strat, and I will leave it to you to slap me straight and identify the problem that I seem to be missing! I'd like to actually get this boss on farm instead of crossing our fingers and groaning our way through it each week...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4tqVW#fight=34

1) We spawn pillars together in one corner of the room. The boss is tanked diagonal from those pillars.
    2) Anyone with latent energy will stand near the pillars clumps.
    3) Soccer goalies form a semi circle around this pillar / latent energy clump to protect danger zones from waves.
    4) Tanks and seeds come out along the wall on the opposite side of pillar / LE clump

During the last phase it is just a poo storm of explosions and panic. I'd love to clean this up but am not sure if our strat is hurting us or what else to try.

Help us, oh wise MMOs! Why must we suck so badly on this boss!

put pillars in a corner and have everyone stand away from the pillars so they dont get waves thrown at it. so everyone is together its one small wave with 10x of em in it. if someone doesnt move fuck em their fault continue the fight. end of the fight put down 4 markers at the back of the boss room and what mark dbm gives seed targets they go to that specific mark. then nobody should be taking hits with a soak debuff.

Deleted
    People with debuff need to be hyper aware of where everyone is exploding, and in that last phase that's quite a few people. We also stampeding roar the most difficult seeds so that people have time to position themselves and adjust to the others with seed. If 2 people with seed + debuff panic and explode next to eachother you will wipe.

Also, use raidwide cd's early. Devotion aura and rallying cry need to be planned and used BEFORE the seeds explode. Tranquility needs to be started several seconds before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenslelel View Post
    put pillars in a corner and have everyone stand away from the pillars so they dont get waves thrown at it. so everyone is together its one small wave with 10x of em in it. if someone doesnt move fuck em their fault continue the fight. end of the fight put down 4 markers at the back of the boss room and what mark dbm gives seed targets they go to that specific mark. then nobody should be taking hits with a soak debuff.

With this strategy, how do you ensure none of the pillars are hit by the waves during things like seed/tank coming back? In our strategy we have everyone form a goalie around the pillars, and the latent energy people stand in front of the pillars behind the goalies. This way, we don't have to move and everything is protected from hitting waves. Is this a mistake due to what you just mentioned, that you should stand away from the pillars?

Do you happen to know how I can tell which markers DBM will call out?

When you say "back of the boss room" for seeds, where do you try to position the boss and the pillars? I assume boss at gate (corner or center?) and pillars in a corner, but if seeds are going to back, do you make pillars spawn by boss?

Sorry for the questions! Trying to figure out where exactly we are going wrong here

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    With this strategy, how do you ensure none of the pillars are hit by the waves during things like seed/tank coming back? In our strategy we have everyone form a goalie around the pillars, and the latent energy people stand in front of the pillars behind the goalies. This way, we don't have to move and everything is protected from hitting waves. Is this a mistake due to what you just mentioned, that you should stand away from the pillars?

Do you happen to know how I can tell which markers DBM will call out?

When you say "back of the boss room" for seeds, where do you try to position the boss and the pillars? I assume boss at gate (corner or center?) and pillars in a corner, but if seeds are going to back, do you make pillars spawn by boss?

Sorry for the questions! Trying to figure out where exactly we are going wrong here
    http://bossblueprint.com/savedImages.../4Twjz_FZ_.jpg

For the most part we have pillars spawning along the front gate (you want to be spawning pillars next to each other, and have the tanks with the boss next to a pillar facing it so when caviation is cast it can't hit the pillars), RNG dependant.

Ranged all stack on red X, move to the side if you get befouled - keep everyone stacked for Cavitation, makes it much easier for dodging. Tanks coming out of Chaos realm either go to Purple or Green, depending on which area the pillars are currently on and just have the ranged group be aware of tanks coming out. When you start getting three seeded persons one on purple, one on red, one on green and have the rest of the raid move towards the boss near the pillars (unarmed phase we usually have moon clear for the tanks to be on just to make sure no one else is in the way) - while making sure those with debuff are behind other players that can soak - but do not soak anything that isn't going for a pillar and dodge.

This boss is for the most part a really easy fight, but there is a lot of personal responsibility that can wipe a raid if someone messes up - as soon as you get practice in you will soon realise how simple it is with a few tactic tweaks.

Wow thank you for the blueprint and explanation, that's awesome! I'm at work so need to digest this a bit more, but question off the top of my head, do you just have latent energy people stack with the rest of range or what is your strat for protecting them? All up to the individual not to get hit or goalies?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does a pillar always spawn on the gate side? What do you do if none are on gate side? That would mess up the seed placing. I know this will happen to us if it's possible as our luck is poo lol.