Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Feel better now?

By all means, enjoy listening to the ramblings of Rush Limbaugh telling you exactly what you want to hear while munching on that high quality food from that extremely popular restaurant McDonalds...because it is so popular, you know the content is much better than a steak from Mortons who has only a tiny fraction of the popularity....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by echoSAW View Post
    John Stewart is funny enough...but people seem to forget he's an entertainer with a team of writers behind him. Like any other talking head, he just isn't that clever.
    He is..........
    clever enough to actually write his own material, where he see's fit.
    He's a stand up comedian who wrote his own material. And also writes books/screenplays, directs and produces..

What exactly is your portfolio and expertise? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Ratings aren't always so black and white as you make them out to be. The Daily Show has a strong Millennial audience, many of whom do not watch shows as they air. I have SuddenLink, so I can't watch any Comedy Central show when it airs live. I have to wait to watch it on Hulu the next day.
    Also a really big international audience who don't get The Daily Show on tv (just the lame Daily Show Global which isn't even close to the highlights :s) so most resort to streaming websites/illegally downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by echoSAW View Post
    John Stewart is funny enough...but people seem to forget he's an entertainer with a team of writers behind him. Like any other talking head, he just isn't that clever.
    So, are his writers hiding under his desk when he's interviewing world leaders? It is a pretty big desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the best news show you guys got honestly and it was a comedian presenting it as a parody says enough.

Not sure what planet this OP lives on either, silly republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    regarding is importance, or supposed unimportance...

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...-visits-000178

Stewart’s tearful opening monologue nine days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, effectively served as the opening salvo of an ongoing crusade for firefighters, police officers and other people who came to the World Trade Center site “literally with buckets, rebuilding.”

Nearly a decade later, Stewart invited four of those responders, sick with a variety of serious ailments, to explain their health situations. Their graphic discussion helped break a legislative logjam in the Senate by shaming Republicans who at the time were filibustering a bill that would provide billions in health benefits and compensation to the 9/11 responders who had become ill after their work at ground zero. Congress passed the legislation three days after Stewart’s show.

“What took us eight years of walking the halls of Congress, Jon Stewart in 22 minutes literally moved mountains and gave us a heartbeat again when we were flat-lined,” said John Feal, an Army veteran and post-9/11 cleanup worker.

In March 2009, Stewart discussed the new Obama administration’s idea of removing veterans with private insurance plans from the Department of Veterans Affairs rolls. “That can’t be right,” he intoned. The White House scrapped the plan one day after his segment aired, and veterans’ advocates recall Stewart’s commentary being discussed during a West Wing meeting with senior aides including then-chief of staff Rahm Emanuel.

Other examples of Stewart crusading for the vets include a May 2014 bit lampooning VA Secretary Eric Shinseki for giving mild-mannered answers to Congress about an epic backlog in medical disability claims. He diagnosed Shinseki and others in the administration as having “PBSD: post bureaucratic stress disorder.”

“I don’t think there’s been a single person in the media who’s more strongly influenced the support of veterans’ policies than Jon Stewart,” said Paul Rieckhoff, founder and CEO of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.
    quite a feat for a failure comedian on a nightly tv show that supposedly no one cared for, I would say.

Hater-aid is high in sodium and artificial sugars. I'd suggest changing your drinking habits CAUSE GOD DAMN SON YOU MAD.

"His mission", the comparisons to other media, all of it, if you hate Stewart you should try to learn how the shit you are talking about works first. Damn satire news shows on cable comedy networks trying to bring down society! /fist shaking

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You mean the top 1%?
    Even the 1% die and get replace by their millennial kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I doubt they will be anywhere near as bad as the baby boomers.
    I don't get this argument. The same baby boomers that were part of the counterculture, civil rights movement, and second-wave feminism?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

How was his show a failure? I guess he failed at parody because many consider his show a better source of information than the news?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stewart was funny most of the time, I never really watched the show from beginning to end -- mostly I stopped watching after the initial funny bit; never much cared for the interview part of the show where some celeb came to speak of their latest book or movie or whatever. The best still is how he crushed the idiots on CNN Crossfire.

If one compares viewer numbers it's a bit odd to compare Stewarts views with Limbaughs listeners or even say O'Reillys viewers. How did Stewart stack up to others on a similar media? Paid-for-channel? Bill Maher with Real Time on HBO might be a better comparison for a show.
    Last edited by looorg; 2015-08-07 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even compare him with Maher.
    Maher has an entire 1 hour show going, that is mainly debating with 5 guests.
    Stewart's show is about 22 minutes long.. The missing 8 minutes of the 30 total consists of commercials. And aside from that 1 guest it's just events looked at with a light but critical heart...
    We could compare him with John Oliver's Last Week Tonight.
    But there too, different circumstance. HBO costs extra, on top of the cable costs. It's premium content.
    In a sense, there isn't anything comparable to the Daily Show. It is unique in format/availability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Hater-aid is high in sodium and artificial sugars. I'd suggest changing your drinking habits CAUSE GOD DAMN SON YOU MAD.
    That shit right here is sig-worthy.
    Putin khuliyo

I get that what the OP was saying was kind of absurd and silly, but why exactly did he get banned? Seems like an overreaction when all that needed to be done was lock the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I get that what the OP was saying was kind of absurd and silly, but why exactly did he get banned? Seems like an overreaction when all that needed to be done was lock the thread.
    He is just attacking liberals, which results in just bickering. Also, the fact that he claims liberals trust the media in the same sentence as calling out Limbaugh's 13 million listeners, kinda implies trolling.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Well, it is true that the truly intelligent people on this planet are a vast, vast minority. So, yeah... I suppose the one truly intelligent show wouldn't have a big audience.

As opposed to Fox News having a huge audience, because, you know, stupidity abounds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, it is true that the truly intelligent people on this planet are a vast, vast minority. So, yeah... I suppose the one truly intelligent show wouldn't have a big audience.

As opposed to Fox News having a huge audience, because, you know, stupidity abounds.
    With your logic that would also apply to Obama voters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    With your logic that would also apply to Obama voters.
    Nah... That's just a result of an asinine two party political system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I guess it's fun to watch for some eople and that's ok.

Personally I have never even cracked a smile while watching that show. American humor... naaah
    Yeah, I know. After you've seen Dutch sitcoms like Flodder and New Kids nothing can really compare, toch?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeaccord311 View Post
    They don't understand satire. Americans don't understand a lot of jokes in general actually.
    We used to, but we've become too sensitive and gullible for comedy.