Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is good, they can give it more of a survivalist feel. Right now even calling it Survival doesn't make any sense. Explosive shot and Black Arrow = survivalist? This is a good change.

I could maybe have seen BM being the melee spec with a pet instead, but I think it'd work either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxd View Post
    Lets see, you brought up warriors, rogues, and dk's as examples of classes having similar specs that needed diversity just as much if not more than hunter.

Warrior- has 3 specs, one of which is WILDLY different than the others. Can fulfill two different roles. Arms and Fury, Different how?
    DK- has 3 specs, one of which is WILDLY different than the others. Another has a pet as well. Can fulfull two different roles. Frost and UH, Different how?
    Rogue- Specs play differently as well. Sub plays NOTHING like mut or combat and vise versa. Different how?

Again, you're making a terrible argument for an idea so off the wall like "they couldn't come up with 3 bows so they chose to make an entirely different spec as it was way less work to do the former than the latter."

You're still not saying HOW they are different, only that they are

You're terrible at arguing. Anybody else told you that?
    Last edited by Orly; 2015-08-07 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You're serious??
    Last edited by jinxd; 2015-08-08 at 12:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The difference between arms and fury is so minimal it comes down to just what weapons they use. Same with frost and unholy and all rogue specs. Why not force combat into ranged dps or unholy into ranged spell damage plate wearer a la necromancer while you're at it? What's so unique about arms as opposed to fury, other than the fact that it cannot dual-wield?

How does going in the face of an enemy just to get clobbered feel more like survival than staying at ranged?

Just admit it, they had a hard time thinking of 3 different bows for each spec of this class and a random polearm was easier to come up with just so they can deliver on the whole "an artifact weapon for each spec" bullshit.
    Fury and Arms play very differently from each other and have some pretty strong lore behind both specs. That said, I wouldn't bat an eye if arms went through yet another revamp. Rogues can probably go for some stronger spec differentiation though, blizzard has been saying for years that both rogue and hunter specs feel far too similar. If you're completely opposed to being a melee hunter, you do have two other specs to go to.

Deleted
    ''I think we focused on hunter and the three specs, and demonology warlock specifically to talk about. Those are the 4 biggest changes that we are making''

Looks like we are going to get big changes to MM + BM as well. Don't like this at all.

Source = https://youtu.be/d7u8vKLjwZM?t=11m35s

You're terrible at arguing. Anybody else told you that?
    You honestly want me to explain to you how a prot warrior is different from an arms warrior, or a blood dk is different from an unholy dk? lol.
    Last edited by jinxd; 2015-08-08 at 12:00 AM.

You honestly want me to explain to you how a prot warrior is different from an arms warrior, or a blood dk is different from an unholy dk?

Troll elsewhere please.
    You're having serious problems in efficiently assessing the reality around you if you believe survival is closer to the other two specs than Arms is to Fury. Rend and dual-wield, that's all there is to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The real question is what about the raider who hates melee(or doesn't have room on raid team for another melee) when SV becomes dominant for a patch or raid tier?
    May as well consider it different classes for that conversation. If you're in a guild that recruited you for ranged dps, you'll just go for the higher dps ranged spec.

That is, of course, assuming that you're a raider who's tempted to go SV for the sake of minmaxing. If you're not in a guild that's that strict, then if you don't like melee you won't switch to it?

I mean, if rogue is doing more dps than hunters, are you going to switch on the spot for em if you hate melee? :P

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Fury and Arms play very differently from each other and have some pretty strong lore behind both specs. That said, I wouldn't bat an eye if arms went through yet another revamp. Rogues can probably go for some stronger spec differentiation though, blizzard has been saying for years that both rogue and hunter specs feel far too similar. If you're completely opposed to being a melee hunter, you do have two other specs to go to.
    Keep rend up and spam your main ability + whirlwind. Or wait for a proc while spamming your main ability + whirlwind.

It's for a good reason most warriors consider their class the most boring one atm

I'm more excited about melee hunter than anything else revealed so far.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Nobody ever asked to be a melee hunter. This is a stupid change. Big fuckoff to everyone who prefers the survival spec. No wonder they nerfed it into thd ground they want us to quit playing it so we aren't as fond of it before they rebuild it.
    People have been asking for a melee hunter spec for a very long time...

Quote Originally Posted by andonio View Post
    I'm more excited about melee hunter than anything else revealed so far.
    I'm also excited about combat becoming a ranged spec, guess I'll wait until they announce that

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's the spec i've played since wrath. Not calling it a spec seems strange to me.
    I've played survival since vanilla wow, and it was predominately a Melee spec for just as long as it has been a ranged spec. I'm going to be maining my hunter as survival again because of this change. Bringing back the original diversity the class had from vanilla is the best thing they could do to hunters who have become a really stale class these past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    People have been asking for a melee hunter spec for a very long time...
    Blizzard listening to a vocal minority yet again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard listening to a vocal minority yet again?
    I mean, you can't call them a vocal minority when a moment ago you didn't know they were a thing. Vocal assumes they're prominent enough for you to actually know about them, haha.

"No one wanted this."
    "Actually people have been asking for it"
    "WELL THEY'RE A VOCAL MINORITY!"

People have a bad habit of mixing "No one" with "I". Just like they mix "I" and "Silent Majority".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm also excited about combat becoming a ranged spec, guess I'll wait until they announce that
    In all honesty, why are you so upset that a lot of other people are getting something they want. There's been quite a few people in favor of the change just in this thread; shouting louder doesn't mean you represent more people. What exactly was the class fantasy that you're defending with survival that you don't get from marksman? We can debate individual spells and what-not all day long, but at the end of the day, Blizzard is trying to delivery on some archtype of character, and a lot of people agree that MM and SV were redundant in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollcage8 View Post
    I've played survival since vanilla wow, and it was predominately a Melee spec for just as long as it has been a ranged spec. I'm going to be maining my hunter as survival again because of this change. Bringing back the original diversity the class had from vanilla is the best thing they could do to hunters who have become a really stale class these past few years.
    If you would've actually played since vanilla you would've remembered that the only melee ability survival had over the other two specs was Counterattack. Raptor Strike and Wing Clip were baseline.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you would've actually played since vanilla you would've remembered that the only melee ability survival had over the other two specs was Counterattack. Raptor Strike and Wing Clip were baseline.
    If I remember correctly, didn't the survival talent tree have choices to improve those melee abilities that the other specs did not?

Do you guys think Survival will get a 'gap closer' type move? Maybe hang on to our pets when they use dash? haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andonio View Post
    Do you guys think Survival will get a 'gap closer' type move? Maybe hang on to our pets when they use dash? haha
    That would be awesome if there were an animation for that where you just grab on to the thing and get carried forward like a rag roll.