Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So stupid. What happened to rewarding success and work in this game. Just give everyone everything.

Who cares? WoWprogress exists..

guild realm first will still be there

Wowprogress to the rescue!

Last I checked wowprogress didn't track server first max fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Who cares? WoWprogress exists..
    What's the point of servers anymore? They keep killing MMO aspects of the game and it has shown in the decline of the game. Pre-Cata people grouped wih people only on servers for everything. Dungeons, Raids, PVP. This led to you meeting different people and continuing to play with them over time either building friendships or hatred which in turn turned to drama which was fun. I do not remember the last time I have actually met somebody new on my server that I would immediately recognize and enjoy playing with.

In regards to server first, at least it gave some individuality to your server. Believe it or not most people do not know what WoWProgress is or even do that level of raiding but when they see that (Specific person in specific Guild has defeated Mythic Archimonde! Realm First!) They can immediately identify with the success and possibly pursue raiding to be on that level. It is purely a social feature that they have no reason to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame1 View Post
    What's the point of servers anymore? They keep killing MMO aspects of the game and it has shown in the decline of the game. Pre-Cata people grouped wih people only on servers for everything. Dungeons, Raids, PVP. This led to you meeting different people and continuing to play with them over time either building friendships or hatred which in turn turned to drama which was fun. I do not remember the last time I have actually met somebody new on my server that I would immediately recognize and enjoy playing with.

In regards to server first, at least it gave some individuality to your server. Believe it or not most people do not know what WoWProgress is or even do that level of raiding but when they see that (Specific person in specific Guild has defeated Mythic Archimonde! Realm First!) They can immediately identify with the success and possibly pursue raiding to be on that level. It is purely a social feature that they have no reason to remove.
    The raiding realm firsts aren't being taken away (at least from what I've read). They just aren't bringing back REALM FIRST 110 MAGE and all the other classes/professions.

As most people have said it's not a huge deal but at the same time their reasoning makes NO sense
    "but the general philosophy is to allow players to take their time and enjoy the content at their own pace." Having realm firsts doesn't affect this! People who really want to do it fast will still do it fast, most people don't care because they know they can't get a realm first. Don't see why they NEEDED to remove it but its whatever, I would have personally liked to put in the hours on PTR for server first demon hunter or something guess I still can for wowprog ranks but meh the achieve made it more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame1 View Post
    So stupid. What happened to rewarding success and work in this game. Just give everyone everything.
    I agree with this, and not just about this topic. I play a lot of WoW, and have played a lot of it, and it always felt rewarding to get that one thing you worked your way to, whether it was gear, a mount, a specific rare drop, or that sweet raid gear. I understand that the vanilla-grindy-way is not a sustainable businessmodel anymore, but I think it's too bad some things are just removed to make the earning-field (not the playingfield) level.

But on-topic: I'm glad they removed the realm 1st class and professions (especially classes since it was too easy to have an unfair advantage by account sharing etc.), but I do wish they keep the raid realm first, and not just because I have some of them, but because it matters so little to some people if it's there or not, that why not keep it? It shouldn't cost us a raidtier And the reason that WoWProgress is for that is a bit moot. I could say the tutorial in game is not necessary since there are Youtube videos that explain your class, or that LFR should be scrapped since you can see/experience the bosses on streams or again Youtube.

Deleted
    It would hurt the casuals feelings.

RIP in peace realm firsts...
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

realm firsts make people cheat.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Realm firsts are still going to be there.

I think the question was asked to see if they were coming back. As far as I know nearly all of them, save realm first Mythic end tier boss went away in WoD. This trend started happening in MoP when they removed a bunch there as well, and continued into WoD.

The profession and leveling realm firsts have been gone since MoP IIRC. There were only a few more realm firsts in MoP than there were in WoD, like your guild getting all professions to 600 first or first guild to get gold in all the CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    but the general philosophy is to allow players to take their time and enjoy the content at their own pace.
    I hate BS PR spin like this.

It was removed because of connected realms. Of course you can't say you took realm firsts away due to connected realms.

I really hope they don't take away the realm first Mythic boss one that spams the whole server. Felt great to get all the whispers of congratulation from people you don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-hazzikostas/

"Realm firsts are not coming back. There was value in some (Ion mentioned things like the first player to beat Brawler's Guild, Mythic guild firsts, etc.), but the general philosophy is to allow players to take their time and enjoy the content at their own pace. Plenty of third parties actively track 'first to 100', etc"

it slowly phased out each expansion (went from individual realm first titles > guild realm firsts > removing most realm firsts such as First to 100 or professions etc.) but now it's completely gone according to this interview. Thoughts?
    All that accomplished was throwing a bone to the people with no life that extensively played the beta and knew the questlines/abusable mechanics (naga in cata anyone) inside and out