Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't drink alcohol, it's an addictive drug.
    Alcohol has no physical addiction, not a long-lasting one, anyway. The addiction "alcoholics" have is in fact escapism, escaping the reality of a shit life. Most alcoholics would use a less dangerous route to that escapism, for example, weed. Imagine if weed was legal. Most alcoholics would smoke weed and be just awesome.

Yeah... It's amazing what you think is true, because you get told it day after day.

No, but attention seeking is pathetic. I say this in the kindest way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Alcohol has no physical addiction.
    Of course it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Of course it does.
    Alcohol withdrawal is pretty much instant and it goes away pretty fast. Once it's gone, there's no more physical reason's to crave alcohol. Except, of course, the need to feel good. Escapism. Weed could do that.

Alcohol withdrawal is pretty much instant and it goes away pretty fast. Once it's gone, there's no more physical reason's to crave alcohol. Except, of course, the need to feel good. Escapism. Weed could do that.
    It has physical withdrawl, whether it's quick or not would depend on the user and I would presume the length and amount of abuse.

Is it pathetic to drink alone?

Are you drunk by 10am?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of a story about a single dad, navy seal who would paint the nails of his daughters. Only insecure people would judge others for things like drinking alone, painting nails or wearing pink clothes. Your level of awesomeness/patheticness isnt based on single events. Chuck Norris could drink alone and still be awesome. Justin bieber could drink with others and would still be considered pathetic by many. Basically when someone judges you for drinking alone it says more about them than about you.
    The amount of introverts and extraverts are considered rougly equal. As such drinking alone should be acceptable to at least half the population. Unless you have an alcohol addiction, that changes things

10+ Year Old Account
    It's absolutely pathetic to drink alone. Only the saddest of society sit at home drinking alcohol.

*sips rum and coke*

Wait, shit, what are we talking about? How do I delete a post brb.

Seriously though, while I don't drink -a lot-, I usually have a drink every other night while playing games. It was worse. Back in the day, I used to go through a bottle of merlot a night playing EVE mining asteroids with my friends while on Vent.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I only drink to get drunk. It's like heroin to me I guess.

*edited to add*

I love the taste of beer so much.
    Then I would call it sort of pathetic, but it's your choice. Personally I don't drink a lot but when I do, I often buy the more expensive beers cause I like quality

Deleted
    Some people will tell you that it is, but imo, whats wrong with having a beer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Some people will tell you that it is, but imo, whats wrong with having a beer?
    In this case, I don't think it's ONE beer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I would drink with other people but no one here likes to drink lots of beer. Plus I have you guys, so it's not like i'm drinking alone. right?

Tell me I'm not pathetic.
    Very rarely do it but I actually enjoy it enormously when i do.

I think you may have a problem with worrying about what other people think. This is assuming that what you say about your country not having many beer drinkers is true and that isn't just an excuse for alcoholism.

If you want to be sure you aren't an alcoholic quit for a few weeks and if it doesn't bother you then indulge occassionally. If you can't quit, or it feels very difficult, you need professional help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, light a blunt instead. Less addictive, no mental health side effects (20 year study just confirmed dope is harmless) and its actually healthy for you as it aids in sleep, its an anti psychotic and regulates your body/brain. In less than 20 years everyone will be stoned 24/7.

Alcohol withdrawal can kill you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Alcohol withdrawal can kill you.
    get out of here xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest nonsense I've ever heard....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It's only pathetic when you feel the need to make a forum post about it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunvor View Post
    In this case, I don't think it's ONE beer.
    No it isn't.... he's shared his struggle with us about the problem..

As someone who has lost some people to alcohol, I've some empathy for the situation he's in.
    I experienced things I could have easily chosen not to, if only I had a choice.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol has no physical addiction, not a long-lasting one, anyway. The addiction "alcoholics" have is in fact escapism, escaping the reality of a shit life. Most alcoholics would use a less dangerous route to that escapism, for example, weed. Imagine if weed was legal. Most alcoholics would smoke weed and be just awesome.

Yeah... It's amazing what you think is true, because you get told it day after day.
    ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoho...rawal_syndrome
    Withdrawal usually begins 6 to 24 hours after the last drink.[4] It can last for up to one week.[5] To be classified as alcohol withdrawal syndrome, patients must exhibit at least two of the following symptoms: increased hand tremor, insomnia, nausea or vomiting, transient hallucinations (auditory, visual or tactile), psychomotor agitation, anxiety, tonic-clonic seizures, and autonomic instability.[6]

Failure to manage the alcohol withdrawal syndrome appropriately can lead to permanent brain damage or death.[32] It has been proposed that brain damage due to alcohol withdrawal may be prevented by the administration of NMDA antagonists, calcium antagonists, and glucocorticoid antagonists.[33] The NMDA antagonist acamprosate reduces excessive glutamate rebound thereby suppressing excitotoxicity and potential withdrawal-related neurotoxicity.[34]

Unless youre angry or crying, its fine. Do whatever you want alone. Some things you probably should do alone, without anyone ever finding out