Deleted

Windows 10 no 1920x1080 option

Just upgraded from win 7 to 10 and i am having issues with the screen resolution i have reinstalled drivers twice and i still do not have an option for 1920x1080 win 7 did not have this issue.

Using a HD5770

Atm i am using a program called CRU to add a custom resolution seems to be working fine for now.

Thank you in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was set to native resolution by default... In every build.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Redownload your graphics card drivers fails to detect them for some reason
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not much of a computer geek, so I wish I could help you out more, but I just wanted to say that patience and persistence pay off. My husband and I both upgraded from Win 7 to 10 (he has the Pro version, I have Home) and we both had the same problem. As soon as he installed the proper nVidia drivers for Win 10 his problems cleared right up. I had to install them like 3 times and reboot twice before everything just suddenly worked. It was a total PITA and I was just starting to panic. I think maybe this was the culprit? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07...iver_conflict/. It might be a coincidence but what finally worked for me was to NOT install the drivers via GEForce Experience, but rather to do it from nVidia's website. I can't honestly tell you though whether that was actually the issue or whether it was a coincidence. If you've only tried one way, try the other.

The only other thing I can suggest is do the Windows patch updates. If you really feel like you're stuck I know there are a bunch of 'fix' articles if you Google "Windows 10 Nvidia driver issues" (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-...pgrade-1513643, etc.)