Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

You are not prepared! - Havoc Demon Hunter 7.0 Guide

"You are not prepared!"
    Illidan Stormrage

And he was right, we aren't prepared! I'm creating this guide to help players who are eager to play Demon Hunter and how to get the most from playing as Havoc Spec. Demon Hunter is a brand new hero class that are playable only in Legion Expansion. In this guide, I will keep most of the things in-depth while keeping some of the obvious concise and simple.

Havoc Spec is a Damage Specialization available to Demon Hunter and they focuses on dishing out damage. They also have the ability to Metamorphosis into hellish form, enhancing their role to deal more damage.

=== Table of content ===

Section 1: Preparing your Demon Hunter
    [1.1] - Gears
    [1.2] - Stats Priority
    [1.3] - Gem Sockets
    [1.4] - Enchants
    [1.5] - Consumables
    [1.6] - Professions
    [1.7] - Races

Section 2: Demon Hunter's Abilities and Build
    [2.1] - Abilities
    --- [2.1.1] - Passive
    --- [2.1.2] - Utility
    --- [2.1.3] - Buff
    --- [2.1.4] - Debuff
    [2.2] - Single Target Rotation
    [2.3] - Cleave Target Rotation
    [2.4] - AoE Target Rotation
    [2.5] - Talents
    [2.6] - Glyphs

Section 3: Showing Demon Hunter love
    [3.1] - Addons
    [3.2] - FAQ
    [3.3] - Author's Note
    [3.4] - Changelog / Archive

Use ctrl + F to use find tool and type _._ to navigate through this post easily.

Section 1 - Preparing your Demon Hunter

Demon hunters, disciples of Illidan Stormrage, uphold a dark legacy, one that frightens their allies and enemies alike. The Illidari embrace fel and chaotic magics—energies that have long threatened the world of Azeroth—believing them necessary to challenge the Burning Legion. Wielding the powers of demons they’ve slain, they develop demonic features that incite revulsion and dread in fellow elves. Demon hunters ritually blind themselves in exchange for spectral sight that enables them to better sense their prey. This enhanced awareness, together with their great agility and magical prowess, makes demon hunters unpredictable adversaries. An Illidari’s quarry has much to fear.

[1.1] Gears

Demon Hunter is a leather wearer class. With them being introduced in Legion expansion which makes it the fourth leather wearer class. That means Demon Hunter have to compete against several other classes for item slots. Since there are no weapons drop in Legion Expansion. That makes your Artifact weapon your BiS weapon slot automatically.

Leather Item Slot: Druid, Rogue, Monk, Demon Hunter
    Trinkets: Rogues, Feral Druids, Windwalker Monks, Enhancement Shamans, Hunter, Demon Hunters
    Cloak / Amulets / Rings: Rogues, Feral Druids, Windwalker Monks, Hunters, Enhancement Shamans, Demon Hunters
    Tier Token: Soon to be announced.

[Best in Slot Gear list]
    MH + OH: Artifact Weapon
    Head:
    Necklace:
    Shoulders:
    Back:
    Chest:
    Gloves:
    Ring 1:
    Ring 2:
    Waist:
    Legs:
    Boots:
    Trinket 1:
    Trinket 2:

[1.2] Stats Priority
    Agility > ??? > ??? > ??? > ??? (soon to be revealed when there are enough information about DH)

Agility is the primary stat for Demon Hunter as it increases Demon Hunter's attack power.

Mastery -

Critical Strike -

Haste -

Versatility -

Multistrike -

[1.3] Gems Sockets

WIP

[1.4] Enchants
    WIP

[1.5] Consumables
    Agility Potion
    Agility Flask

[1.6] Professions

[1.7] Races

Demon Hunter is a hero class that is available exclusively to Blood Elf and Night Elf due to lore reasons. In this guide, we will look in-depth how both elf races will benefit Demon Hunter with their race traits.

Night Elf [Alliance]

Nature Resistance
    Wisp Spirit
    Quickness
    Shadowmeld
    Touch of Elune

Blood Elf [Horde]

Arcane Torrent
    Arcane Affinity
    Arcane Resistance
    Arcane Acuity

Section 2 - Demon Hunter Abilities and Build

Demon Hunter have an unique resource bar called "Fury" which can be expend to use abilities that cost Fury. In this section we will learn how to manage, build and dump Fury effectively.

[2.1] Abilities

Fel Rush
    Instant
    Rush forward, dealing 7,215 damage to all enemies in your path. Generates 40 Fury if you hit at least one target.

Chaos Strike
    40 Fury
    Instant
    A brutal attack that strikes all enemies in front of you for 8,741 Chaos damage.

Chaos Nova
    30 Fury
    Instant (1 min CD)
    Unleash an eruption of fel energy, stunning all neraby enemies for 5 sec and dealing 5,772 Chaos damage.

Eye Beam
    25 Fury / 40 yd range
    Channelled (12 sec CD)
    Blast the target and any enemies near the target for 21,650 Fire damage over 3.71 sec.

Spectral Sight
    Instant (2 min CD)
    Allows you see enemies through physical barriers, as well as those stealthed and invisible.

Vengeful Retreat
    Instant (24 sec CD)
    Vault back and avoid the next attack or spell directed at you.

[2.1.1] Passive

[2.1.2] Utility

[2.1.3] Buff

[2.1.4] Debuff

[2.2] Single Target Rotation

[2.3] Cleave Target Rotation

[2.4] AoE Target Rotation

[2.5] Talents

[2.6] Glyphs

Section 3 - Showing Demon Hunter love

[3.1] Addons
    To be reveal later.

[3.2] FAQ
    To be added later.

[3.3]Author's Note
    8/7/2015 - I'm still in progress of updating this guide and I'm aiming to have this guide complete before release. If you found something new or I'm missing something in this guide. Please don't hesitate to let me know and I will update it in this guide. Thank you for your support. <3

[3.4] Changelog / Archive
    8/11/2015 - Added more information and updated the guide.

===

P.S would be nice if a moderator can make this thread sticky. Atm most of the things are WIP, but I'm looking forward to assembling this guide completely.
    Last edited by Mueller Greyhound; 2015-08-11 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks for starting this thread! Excited for this new hero class.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Don't you think this is a little premature?
    Seriously no point making this thread when we literally don't have any information to put in it. There's no race to be first to write a guide, concentrate on making a good and informative one rather than posting a lot of empty headings before anyone else can.

You won't be able to fill any if these headers in for months, by which point this topic will already have fallen to the bottom of the list.
    Nobody is going to sticky a thread which has absolutely nothing in it.

Good effort, but kinda pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Seriously no point making this thread when we literally don't have any information to put in it. There's no race to be first to write a guide, concentrate on making a good and informative one rather than posting a lot of empty headings before anyone else can.

You won't be able to fill any if these headers in for months, by which point this topic will already have fallen to the bottom of the list.
    This exactly.

Man, who cares if the class won't be released for a long time. This is still cool. Thanks for the post, pal.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

It is, but it gives a good discussion thread to funnel everything into one once information is available at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

On actual feedback:

"Demon Hunter are not a class to be reckon with when facing them. "

That line doesn't work; reckon with there is basically saying they're not a class to take into your considerations. I think that's the opposite of your intent

Not a single mechanic is known yet people are already jumping on the reroll and theorycrafting bandwagon. ggwp.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthchester United View Post
    Not a single mechanic is known yet people are already jumping on the reroll and theorycrafting bandwagon. ggwp.
    Yea man...stack agi and nothing else to win!

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that double jumping gives you more dps!!!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The hype train is real this time around boys.

I think it is safe to say that we will start to see datamine in September or October before beta. So, it won't necessarily be empty for months and months, I'm just starting a guide here, I still have things to add to it.

@everyone, thanks for showing support, I appreciate your support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand everyone's excited, but it does feel a little early for this haha.

Either way, good job.

Yeah....no point in stickying something especially when beta isn't even here, neither is alpha and release is at least going to be late Q1 or some time in Q2 next year.

Appreciate the effort though, we'll see what pans out for the future.

This just adds to the hype! WOO

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit early don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I've read the guide and I am still not prepared.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol are you serious?? What a waste of time to create this premature thread...

Also, not to be mean, but there are WAY too many grammatical and spelling errors for me to ever take this "guide" seriously. For instance: it's 'GEAR,' not 'GEARS.'

It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.