Windows 10 - I can't activate (New SSD install)

SSD took a shit on me a few weeks ago, recently my new one came in and I decided to give windows 10 a s hot on it. I reserved my copy and got the message yesterday that it was available. Today I set up a W10 bootable USB and installed it onto my fresh SSD. Problem is, I can't activate it now because it doesn't recognize my hardware from the previous W7 install (Obviously because I installed a new hard drive).

How do I go about fixing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Err, I'd call Microsoft and tell that the previous drive died.
    They're doing the authentication at the previous system so it's kind of impossible in your case.

What I had to do when I ran into this after upgrading pretty much every piece of hardware on my pc(was on W7 though) was calling the automated phone system.. you have to type in a bunch of digits the robot on the phone gives you after you've written in the serial key on your phone. Lemme paste in the info:

Activate using the telephone

If Windows isn't able to activate online, you'll have the option to activate Windows 7 using an automated phone system.

Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.*

Click Show me other ways to activate.

Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.

Click Use the automated phone system. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next.

Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad.

Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you.

Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

Try that and lemme know how It goes.

Yes thats all well and fine I intended to call them but I can't find the number to call for activation, and every link to it is a run around that eventually ends with them telling me that the "Activate by phone" option should exist in my activation settings on W10 - but it doesnt.\

Managed to get the activate my phone option to work by manually opening the program for it, but of course the automated option didn't work because it couldn't confirm my hardware id - and the guy on the phone (who i could barely understand) told me I needed to wait 24-48 hours before they could help me activate it manually (to see if it auto activates)
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2015-08-08 at 12:31 AM.

If you are using the free upgrade to W10 option, you have to Update from an activated w7/8./8.1 system.Clean install won't do the trick.

-install your Windows 7 on the new SSD
    -activate it with your code
    -download the Microsoft Media Creation tool microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    - then follow the instructions on windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10