Page 1 of 2
LastLast

predict our new 110 talents

this is what i think

a new uber powerful dot
    pitlords at perma pets
    3 summonable infernals (on a short cd), like the ones in the arch fight

According to the recent j allen brack interview it doesn't look like there's going to be a new talent row because of the weapons giving us all of those power ups.

He didn't give a definitive, but it looked like they're leaning against it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Don't think we're getting 110 talents.
    The new weapons seem to cover that whole talent system up.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    According to the recent j allen brack interview it doesn't look like there's going to be a new talent row because of the weapons giving us all of those power ups.

He didn't give a definitive, but it looked like they're leaning against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Don't think we're getting 110 talents.
    The new weapons seem to cover that whole talent system up.
    Also, with the pvp talent tree, they'll be removing plenty of the current talents.

Between the weapon stuff and the replaced talents, seems like plenty of exciting new stuff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Also, with the pvp talent tree, they'll be removing plenty of the current talents.

Between the weapon stuff and the replaced talents, seems like plenty of exciting new stuff.
    I just hope they finally fix some of the current talent inconsistencies and traps like GoSac + DServ.

To be honest, I would absolutely love it if they removed pets from Destro entirely and made alternate talents for Destro for GoSup/Serv.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I just hope they finally fix some of the current talent inconsistencies and traps like GoSac + DServ.

To be honest, I would absolutely love it if they removed pets from Destro entirely and made alternate talents for Destro for GoSup/Serv.
    I think they mentioned that destro & affli still have access to pets, but given destro's nature, I reckon we'll end up with Sac again.

Anyhow back on topic!, I don't think we'll get a new row of talents but I do hope for these things:

- PVE talents overheal (AD row eg. you never pick anything else)

- pvp talents: give us a choice between different CC's AND a row to choose between SLOWSSS

- maybe add a dispell protection somewhere ?

PS: did I mention slows?
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there'll be a new row. Given the issues with the current 90 and 100 rows, I dont think that's a bad thing either; they should take the opportunity to refine what's there, as everyone has at least one questionable row.

I think the artifacts will offer enough progression while levelling, but each spec should probably get something new at 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Fel Flame.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-08-08 at 09:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the artifacts will offer enough progression while levelling, but each spec should probably get something new at 110.
    You'll continue to progress your Artifact after hitting max level, and the Artifact trees mock ups they showed had like 16~18 "talents" each, with some of those obviously being completely new active abilities. You'll probably unlock a key Artifact ability when you hit 110, I'm guessing.

Still, from the way Brack was talking, it seemed like there's still a pretty decent chance of a new tier happening.

That said, I don't even really know what I'd want to see.

I'd definitely like to see Demonlogy get an upgraded Fel/Wrathguard from Demonic Servitude. Maybe a Fel Lord and a Dreadlord or something... I'm sure we'll meet some new powerful demons this expansion.

I think I'd like to see Kil'jaeden's Cunning, Archimonde's Darkness, and Mannoroth's Fury reworked into abilities that have more flavor tied into their names. Long ago I suggested that they be turned into active/passive abilities that are actually themed after those three characters. Passive effects that give you a persistent buff, but which can be put on cooldown briefly in favor of a stronger immediate effect.

Kil'jaeden is a master manipulator, Archimonde's only cool feat in WC3 was destroying Dalaran with an effigy made of sand, and Mannoroth is more known for his corrupting blood than AoE attacks. So maybe that's a good place to start.

They could also give us more abilities named after famous demons. Hakkar, Kazzak, Xavius, Mal'Ganis... I could see a Hakkar talent that involves summoning a bunch of those new Felstalkers, maybe. I don't know.

I guess there are also some pretty cool new abilities used by the various warlocks and demons in Hellfire Citadel. That conjured Fel Lightning attack that zaps nearby enemies, the Fel Lava Stream thing that causes a wave of erupting lava... Could have some potential with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Me too, destro was always as its best since the redesign when it was running sac. It fits the specs design so well, just makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is no new talents, all of that will be tied into the artifact. Then once the next expansion is launched and artifacts are dropped they will either add it in or revamp the talent system.

I think the artifacts will offer enough progression while levelling, but each spec should probably get something new at 110..
    brach I believe? clarified that you absolutely won't have your weapon maxed out when you hit 110, you'll simply have your fresh weapon at 110 and then you'll upgrade it over the course of the xpac ultimately getting every talent by the end.

Deleted
    I think we could do with about 3 talent rows less more than we could use one more.

As other have said, it looks like the artifacts will have some degree of a talent tree in them - though which each one being spec based there's hopefully going to be a better design than the talents where you have to more 3 options work to some degree.

Not sure how optional things will be though - the previews made it look like you'd have some branching paths but you'd be gunning for the "big" ability changing unlocks no matter what path you took - that sounds like it might not have many meaningful choices, though I think that's still preferable over some of the "choices" we've got in talent brackets like our current max level and KJC row.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    NO New Talents. Artifacts with talent tree and relic slots will be all the customization we will have for lvl110. Based on what we know already, subject to change since we're far from release. /thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    brach I believe? clarified that you absolutely won't have your weapon maxed out when you hit 110, you'll simply have your fresh weapon at 110 and then you'll upgrade it over the course of the xpac ultimately getting every talent by the end.
    I never said you did, nor do I think I implied it. I just meant that is something you will be doing while levelling, and I think it's enough to cover the sense of power progression instead of getting new talents or "perks". Hell, they could tie them together and give you upgrades for it at every level, or every other level; however.

I never said you did, nor do I think I implied it. I just meant that is something you will be doing while levelling, and I think it's enough to cover the sense of power progression instead of getting new talents or "perks". Hell, they could tie them together and give you upgrades for it at every level, or every other level; however.
    But as said in the interview... it doesn't look like it'll be something you'll be doing while leveling really... so it won't fill that gap... You'll be getting the weapon while leveling... and then upgrading it after cap.

Looks like anyway... who knows where thissle go with how much undecided there is.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll be getting the weapon while leveling... and then upgrading it after cap.
    That's not what it looks like anyway. It sounds like we'll get them really early on, and we'll get relics to upgrade them with when we complete major questlines. These are supposed to be the only weapons we get in the expansion, and they're not going to have us use our WoD weapons for all 10 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's not what it looks like anyway. It sounds like we'll get them really early on, and we'll get relics to upgrade them with when we complete major questlines.
    Those were referring to the power upgrades we'll be socketing in, essentially meaning what we'll replace our weapons with.

Not the same thing as the talents we were talkin bout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's not what it looks like anyway. It sounds like we'll get them really early on, and we'll get relics to upgrade them with when we complete major questlines. These are supposed to be the only weapons we get in the expansion, and they're not going to have us use our WoD weapons for all 10 levels.
    Yeah, this is definitely the impression I got; that you'd get things to upgrade them basically any form of doing content, including levelling/questing.

Fel Flame, Fel Flame, and Fel Flame.

I hope to see something like:

1- Improved Fear"
    Affliction: your fear/howl of terror deals x shadow damage each 1 sec (affected by mastery)
    Demonology: whenever you cast fear you summon a wild imp (x sec cd)
    Destruction: fear also deals x fire/shadow damage or fear generates burning embers (affected by mastery)

2-
    Affliction: your unstable affliction always silences the target when it ends (x sec coldown)
    Demonology: you can control 2 demons at the same time (with 2 pet bars) but your demon summoning skills have 1 min coldown
    Destruction: your chaos bolt becomes instant but has x sec coldown or cost 2 embers

3- fel flame
    Last edited by zura; 2015-08-08 at 09:16 PM.