10+ Year Old Account

Are accelerated degrees looked at differently?

I'm interested in enrolling into a Community College here for either an Accounting or Computer Programming major. This is one of those accelerated Colleges so I would get a Associates within 12 or so months. Now my question is, would my Associates degree with them be looked at any differently than a traditional Colleges Associate with the same major?
    Last edited by Tmbryant91; 2015-08-08 at 05:01 AM.

Would probably depend on your field of study.

An associates in Computer Programming is most likely an A.A.S? And it's utterly crap tbh. Don't know exactly what you're looking to get it for, however it's far from useful.

Just go the traditional community college route get your gen eds out of the way for 1/5th the price then go to a university for 2 years and bang out a BS in Software Engineering / Computer Science.

It can help you get a job, government likes degrees for example and your associates would be a plus there.

And if you know nothing about programming the course should teach you a little. Both programming and accounting require certain kinds of personalities and you really might hate the work if you're not built for it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland