Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old ring bug? How?

Anyone know how people are getting the old ring proc on pull w/ still using their legendary ring?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=3

This whole group of mages did it. They have the old 15% intellect buff on pull, but still get their on use effect from legendary ring.

Wowhead says that the buff is used by mages in Kormroks room, so they probably spellsteal them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agramonia View Post
    Wowhead says that the buff is used by mages in Kormroks room, so they probably spellsteal them.
    There's no way, they do it on every boss and it lasts only 10 seconds. There's just no way, they are somehow abusing the old ring proc and then putting their legendary ring back on but I don't see how it's not going on cooldown. They must be exploiting it somehow.

Re-equipping the ring does put it on a 30 sec CD, but if someone else uses it it uses your ring anyway and just puts it on the normal 2m CD. We tried all the ways around it for tank ring because me and my co tank don't wana use it at the same time for dps since we don't have the same timings.

As for the 715 ring proc. This is similar to triple trinketing in Siege. They are procing it with something(not sure what atm) and swapping it at pull. If a lot of mages are doing it its probably something stupid easy that can proc it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Re-equipping the ring does put it on a 30 sec CD, but if someone else uses it it uses your ring anyway and just puts it on the normal 2m CD. We tried all the ways around it for tank ring because me and my co tank don't wana use it at the same time for dps since we don't have the same timings.

As for the 715 ring proc. This is similar to triple trinketing in Siege. They are procing it with something(not sure what atm) and swapping it at pull. If a lot of mages are doing it its probably something stupid easy that can proc it.

Interesting, going to try this with someone. I don't know either...something you can put down and kill I'd imagine. Let me know if you find out and if blizzard doesn't patch it, lol.
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2015-09-18 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Those things get patched pretty fast. Especially if you discuss them publicly. But I can understand their value for a minority of players on the top 50 guilds for a few days.

just went through all the toy's i have, nothing procced the ring

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    just went through all the toy's i have, nothing procced the ring
    Didn't all our spells trigger the ring? Polymorph a critter or cast Ring of Frost or somethin'.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Didn't all our spells trigger the ring? Polymorph a critter or cast Ring of Frost or somethin'.
    they do...but you have to get into combat for it to proc. That's why I'm trying to figure out. Somehow go into combat really quick and proc it OR something weird is proccing it, obviously I don't know what yet. I don't think CC procs it but self buffs or damage spells do in combat only though. IDK
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2015-09-19 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylemma View Post
    they do...but you have to get into combat for it to proc.
    Ogre Pinata, Puntable Marmot, etc. If you happen to see a critter, you can polymorph it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Ogre Pinata, Puntable Marmot, etc. If you happen to see a critter, you can polymorph it.
    I tried, CC doesn't proc it. Only self buffs and damage spells while in combat proc it, pretty sure. Like icy floes is the only thing I can get it to proc with in combat that's not a damage spell.

Deleted
    throw fruitbasket at boss, use any instacast that doesnt hit boss, switch ring and gogogo
    Only downside i see is that you cant precast i quess.
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2015-09-20 at 09:39 AM.

I tried, CC doesn't proc it. Only self buffs and damage spells while in combat proc it, pretty sure. Like icy floes is the only thing I can get it to proc with in combat that's not a damage spell.
    After checking old threads (http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1605), it seems that many things can trigger 715 ring buff (and RPPM trinkets, while we're at it): INT potion buff (which is the easiest way to do it since we prepot), Incanter's Flow (which I can personally guarantee to work, at least pre-6.2), some hidden worgen buff, and some other things I might have missed.

Since the log you gave us was a Troll mage with RoP, I can only assume he drank his potion and used Fruit Basket, as is usual for Arcane mages. Frankly, I'm more surprised he wasn't going with the entire 2piece T3 + 2piece T17 + 2 RPPM trinket trick. Or at least just the trinket part.

Edit: tried on Marrowgar; fruit basketing with or without potions (and with or without IF) does not seem to trigger anything right now. But as Jellospally said, SOMETHING's bound to trigger it somehow.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-09-20 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Maybe I should have tested before posting

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Edit: tried on Marrowgar; fruit basketing with or without potions (and with or without IF) does not seem to trigger anything right now. But as Jellospally said, SOMETHING's bound to trigger it somehow.
    RPPM doesn't reset on Marrowgar as I recall. Try it on Immerseus.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2016-05-17 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    rPPM doesn't reset on Marrowgar as I recall. Try it on Immerseus.
    I doubt it, but I'll give it a try.

Well, I did, and now I'm more confused than ever. Just using fruit basket (with potions, with IF, with whatnot) does nothing. However, as per the suggestion of some kind mage from Alter Time, using SOME skills immediately after using fruit basket work, but not always. I am assuming that you either have to use them within a GCD or thereabouts after using fruit basket, or the skills just have a non-100% chance of proc'ing the ring. It's really frustrating to test.

As far as I can tell, you can use (for now):
    -Icy Floe
    -Blink (preferably, with momentum glyph)
    -Ice Barrier
    -Ring of Frost
    -Ice Ward
    -Cold Snap
    -Evanesce
    -Ice Block
    -Conjure Refreshment
    -Conjure Refreshment Table
    -Arcane Brilliance
    -Slow Fall
    -Remove Curse

....to trigger the ring.

Cold Snap triggers everything - Mark of Warsong, Trinkets, Ring, etc. It's also sadly on the same tier as GI. It might work less efficiently, but it seems too much trouble.
    Ice Block.......I THINK, if you do not cancel it for roughly 2 seconds, you'll trigger everything. I tried cancelling it right away, and it either just procs the ring or, when I'm fast enough, nothing.

Things that surprisingly did not work (for now) are Cone of Cold, Arcane Explosion and Frost Nova.

This entire thing just makes completely no goddamned sense. I'd prefer if they change it back to when using your Fruit Basket (with Incanter's or just some buff status) triggered everything without spending a GCD or two doing strange things, since if this change was to stop opener shenanigans, it has only made them weirder and more annoying.

Anyhow, since all the mages who used this in the logs also had Mark of Warsong before combat, I assume they used Ice Block.
    So you'd:
    -Fruit Basket
    -Ice Block, until all buffs are present
    -Greater Invis, then use macro to re-equip the right trinkets and Legendary Ring
    -Fight

However, given that Mage 1 (the one who's shown on your link) had 3 stacks of Icy Floes when entering combat and has no anomalous trinket coverage, I assume he just triple-IF'ed on pull to get ring proc, then immediately GI'ed and changed back. That way's probably safer since IF's off the GCD, but then I have no idea how he got his Mark of Warsong, because I couldn't make that happen on my 50+ Immerseus pulls.

I don't know if there's enough time after Ice Block to GI and change gear - probably there is, but I suspect you'll need good latency? At least by my way you'll do.

PS: I'd try the same on Marrowgar to prove there's nothing wrong with him, but I already killed him earlier today when I'm pissed he made me waste potions. He probably works, though. While we're at it, someone should try Morchok and/or a WoD boss.

Edit: now that I read Polarthief and Dylemma's conversation more carefully, only the part about Ice Blocks in my post was really relevant/new. Now I'm feeling even sillier than I did when I spammed Conjure Refreshment in front of Immerseus.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-09-20 at 07:59 PM.

I doubt it, but I'll give it a try.

Well, I did, and now I'm more confused than ever. Just using fruit basket (with potions, with IF, with whatnot) does nothing. However, as per the suggestion of some kind mage from Alter Time, using SOME skills immediately after using fruit basket work, but not always. I am assuming that you either have to use them within a GCD or thereabouts after using fruit basket, or the skills just have a non-100% chance of proc'ing the ring. It's really frustrating to test.

As far as I can tell, you can use (for now):
    -Icy Floe
    -Blink (preferably, with momentum glyph)
    -Ice Barrier
    -Ring of Frost
    -Ice Ward
    -Cold Snap
    -Evanesce
    -Ice Block
    -Conjure Refreshment
    -Conjure Refreshment Table
    -Arcane Brilliance
    -Slow Fall
    -Remove Curse

....to trigger the ring.

Cold Snap triggers everything - Mark of Warsong, Trinkets, Ring, etc. It's also sadly on the same tier as GI. It might work less efficiently, but it seems too much trouble.
    Ice Block.......I THINK, if you do not cancel it for roughly 2 seconds, you'll trigger everything. I tried cancelling it right away, and it either just procs the ring or, when I'm fast enough, nothing.

Things that surprisingly did not work (for now) are Cone of Cold, Arcane Explosion and Frost Nova.

This entire thing just makes completely no goddamned sense. I'd prefer if they change it back to when using your Fruit Basket (with Incanter's or just some buff status) triggered everything without spending a GCD or two doing strange things, since if this change was to stop opener shenanigans, it has only made them weirder and more annoying.

Anyhow, since all the mages who used this in the logs also had Mark of Warsong before combat, I assume they used Ice Block.
    So you'd:
    -Fruit Basket
    -Ice Block, until all buffs are present
    -Greater Invis, then use macro to re-equip the right trinkets and Legendary Ring
    -Fight

However, given that Mage 1 (the one who's shown on your link) had 3 stacks of Icy Floes when entering combat and has no anomalous trinket coverage, I assume he just triple-IF'ed on pull to get ring proc, then immediately GI'ed and changed back. That way's probably safer since IF's off the GCD, but then I have no idea how he got his Mark of Warsong, because I couldn't make that happen on my 50+ Immerseus pulls.

I don't know if there's enough time after Ice Block to GI and change gear - probably there is, but I suspect you'll need good latency? At least by my way you'll do.

PS: I'd try the same on Marrowgar to prove there's nothing wrong with him, but I already killed him earlier today when I'm pissed he made me waste potions. He probably works, though. While we're at it, someone should try Morchok and/or a WoD boss.

Edit: now that I read Polarthief and Dylemma's conversation more carefully, only the part about Ice Blocks in my post was really relevant/new. Now I'm feeling even sillier than I did when I spammed Conjure Refreshment in front of Immerseus.
    When someone figures it out let me know, I do see a pattern of greater invis being used at the start but I just tried with fruit basket and I couldn't greater invis re equip my ring. I have no idea
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2015-09-20 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From AT forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Carwey
    Here's essentially the same trick, just with arcane barrage instead of basket(hadn't tried basket yet when I made the video): http://www.twitch.tv/carwey/v/16710281
    What you do is:
    1. Equip the 715 ring and don't hit anything for a few minutes.
    2. Throw basket at boss at around ~2 seconds before pull.
    3. Spam Ice floes until ring procs. It's safest to just use all of them since there's only one global time to see if you actually procced the ring.
    4. Use greater Invis to drop combat
    5. Equip legendary ring ASAP
    6. Proceed normally

Granted, this is not worth it over using Images pre-pull due to not being able to drop combat with invis while images are active.

This trick is also possible with Shadowmeld, you just need to be able to proc the ring while the basket is midair.
    Last edited by Puuhis; 2015-09-21 at 01:48 AM.

When someone figures it out let me know, I do see a pattern of greater invis being used at the start but I just tried with fruit basket and I couldn't greater invis re equip my ring. I have no idea
    You're a tough customer.

I went ahead and tried again on Immerseus; it definitely works - did you use a macro? I used:

/cast Greater Invisibility
    /equipslot 13 Tome of Shifting Words
    /equipslot 12 Nithramus, the All-Seer

Fruit Basket, Ice Block, Cancel Ice Block (use a macro for that too - /cancelaura Ice Block), Press the macro above, fight.
    That's it. If you can't replicate it I would blame your latency. You most likely won't be able to do it without a macro, unless you got godly fingers.

I still think you should have asked your CL or something, would be quicker.

PS: I tried on Morchok, didn't work. I guess they fixed it so that gray mobs no longer proc anything.

You're a tough customer.

I went ahead and tried again on Immerseus; it definitely works - did you use a macro? I used:

/cast Greater Invisibility
    /equipslot 13 Tome of Shifting Words
    /equipslot 12 Nithramus, the All-Seer

Fruit Basket, Ice Block, Cancel Ice Block (use a macro for that too - /cancelaura Ice Block), Press the macro above, fight.
    That's it. If you can't replicate it I would blame your latency. You most likely won't be able to do it without a macro, unless you got godly fingers.

I still think you should have asked your CL or something, would be quicker.

PS: I tried on Morchok, didn't work. I guess they fixed it so that gray mobs no longer proc anything.
    Being by yourself in a raid and going invis will obviously drop combat but being in a raid with other people attacking the boss and going greater invis isn't going to drop your combat. Totally different, I think the way the post above said is the way they are doing it, fruit basket or whatever triple icy floes to get it to proc then greater invis and put the ring back on. It just seems risky cause I tried once with macros and it wouldn't let me put my leg ring back on because I was in combat. So idk

Well, of course - the entire point is to have you pull. For this to work, no one is allowed to touch the boss until your setup is complete. GI never could have saved you if other people are on the threat table.
    At least, there's no reason I can think of as to why it should work differently from a dummy boss to a real boss, if none of your raid team does anything before you're done.

And there really isn't any point to not using Ice Block. I mean, I still can't get Icy Floe to work on trinkets, and with macros everything can happen within the allotted time anyway.

Edit: That time you used macro and didn't work you just mentioned, was that in a real raid with people already hitting? Or was it with a dummy Raid Boss like Immerseus?
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-09-21 at 05:26 AM.