Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Fear not, in the upcoming and highly anticipated expansion 'Legion' Rogues will be receiving a huge overall and even be gaining a whole new spec at the cost of losing their combat spec. It's a little early to go into detail but I will tell you that the Combat Medic specialization for rogues will be everything you came to expect in Vanilla WoW from a Bandage rogue
    Bandage Rogue was too OP. Balance will be ruined. Subs will plummet as Bandage Rogue kills class diversity and is able to solo all Legion content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is anyone else curious why Blizzard isn't putting a lot of attention into Rogues in their crusade to de-homogenize WoW's classes?

Rogues have the most understated spell effects in the game. They have the least variety between specs of any class. Most of their core mechanics are borrowed, improved upon or completely copied by Feral Druids, Monks or now, DHs.

They kind of seem like they should be a priority to keep them distinct in Legion. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

EDIT : I meant Legion, not WoD
    Interesting.

In regards to demonhunters a lot of their abilities (iconic ones) are already present in a variety of other classes. I will be interested to see what they do with those to make the class unique. Will they take them away from other classes? Will they replace them? Make them better?

Survival hunter is going back to melee (I don't think you guys understand that this is a huge change) they get a polearm, how will this effect spec switching?

I have always liked playing multiple characters... the homogenizing that GC was responsible for... ruined that. There wasn't a reason to play other classes because they weren't unique, they all had similar utilities that when you stripped them down had the same function/purpose. This whole design to force/encourage players to focus more primarily on a single character rather than multiple also took away from how I liked to play. I think that is why I enjoy moba games so much.

I also think the current talent system has contributed to this problem, for some classes and certain talent tiers, they are not situational and there is an obvious (perhaps not so) best choice.

"So class identity is an important part of this expansion?"
    "It definitely is. [Recap of earlier announcements about Disc, and Survival]
    Assassination, Combat, and Subtlety are going to be more differentiated. Assassination is going to be poisons, Subtlety is a ninja, and Combat is more like a Pirate."
    Source

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Source

/10char
    Still hoping they make ASN at least a mix range if not closer to full ranged. Poisons are cool though. Back to the classic ideas is a start.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues need it more than any class.

I also think mages need it too. You can say one is ice, one is fire, one is arcane, but they all share so many abilities and talents that everything is watered down and homogenized across the specs. They aren't as bad as rogues though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Rogues need it more than any class.

I also think mages need it too. You can say one is ice, one is fire, one is arcane, but they all share so many abilities and talents that everything is watered down and homogenized across the specs. They aren't as bad as rogues though.
    Mages need a 1/2 ranged 1/2 melee spec. Either Fire or Arcane. Sword and longstaff like a battlemage seen i Uduar.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Mages need a 1/2 ranged 1/2 melee spec. Either Fire or Arcane. Sword and longstaff like a battlemage seen i Uduar.
    That would be sweet, I would totally love this!

15+ Year Old Account
    a battlemage? as cool as that sounds, is another melee spec something this game really needs right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    a battlemage? as cool as that sounds, is another melee spec something this game really needs right now?
    You mean like a demon hunter?

I'd love say a midranged rogue class... bring back throwing weapons... or pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Rogues will never get an opener again in arena vs. Demon Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty bold statement to make without a source.
    Because Rogues don't already choose to use Suberterfuge right?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is anyone else curious why Blizzard isn't putting a lot of attention into Rogues in their crusade to de-homogenize WoW's classes?

Rogues have the most understated spell effects in the game. They have the least variety between specs of any class. Most of their core mechanics are borrowed, improved upon or completely copied by Feral Druids, Monks or now, DHs.

They kind of seem like they should be a priority to keep them distinct in Legion. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

EDIT : I meant Legion, not WoD
    Pretty sure that, in a recent interview, Chilton explicitly mentioned Rogues and the fact that they're working to differentiate the specs.

Every class is (supposedly) getting a thorough look-through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    You mean like a demon hunter?

I'd love say a midranged rogue class... bring back throwing weapons... or pistols.
    i was talking with the addition of DH and Survival already added in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    Nope. I mean a true midrange class. Closest ability is 10 yards, Furthest is 30.

Arcane as a heal spec could work, maybe?

Nope. I mean a true midrange class. Closest ability is 10 yards, Furthest is 30.
    That might sound interesting, but i could see it be a real problem in raids to find a spot for them. Can't put them in the range camp fully since they might not be able to hit anything, but can't really put them in the melee camp either. You'd need a whole bunch of specs working at that range for it to make sense.

Deleted
    Because rogues are fine.

Deleted
    im still happy about the combo points carrying over to new targets. god that made my life, im still riding that high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That might sound interesting, but i could see it be a real problem in raids to find a spot for them. Can't put them in the range camp fully since they might not be able to hit anything, but can't really put them in the melee camp either. You'd need a whole bunch of specs working at that range for it to make sense.
    There is no minimum range in this concept. just a max range smaller than casters, larger than melee. They don't have to have a 'grouping' aside from soaks and stack heals. which in that case they'd fall to melee or run back a few yards to range. I don't think it would impact raiding that much at all in concept. We're looking for flavor here right? This would definitely be a new one.

Rogues are getting changes to every spec to make them feel more unique. Watch the Yoggcast interview Tom Chilton talks about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    Rogues are getting changes to every spec to make them feel more unique. Watch the Yoggcast interview Tom Chilton talks about it.
    I don't see him saying anything about an overhaul.

Just one abillity each for the specs would be enough for them to make such avertisements as those are the "feels" they are aiming to with the designs anyway.

The whole swash bukcling thing is getting claimed since bandits guile was introduced and the poison thing since envenom and mutilate.