Poll: Should they change the system to make split clearing impossible?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Do you want split clears made impossible in Legion?

I only just got into serious raiding this xpac, in a newish raid team now so we didn't do any split clears, but we plan on doing them next tier. I'll do it but personally I've never been a fan of alts and the whole process of it doesn't sound fun to me. Do you think they should introduce some type of system or rule in Legion so that everyone can just run on their mains and that's the 'optimal' amount of loot.

How would you accomplish that without hurting players who enjoy playing multiple characters at once?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    How would you accomplish that without hurting players who enjoy playing multiple characters at once?
    Mythic released same week as heroic, locked to loot 1 difficulty per week? I'm sure this has problems but first thing that comes to mind (maybe make the rule for mythic only, so people can do normal+heroic if they aren't a mythic raider?)

I don't really care. While I think it's a bit silly that the very "top" guilds feel the need to run 6 split run *shrug* - whatever floats their boat.

If your guild plans to do split runs and you don't want to then find a guild that suits your "needs" rather than asking them to change the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    The simplest way is to force personal loot for N/H. Though that has disadvantages.

The main problem with splits is that you can assign loot to players while lockouts are flexible (like they never were before WoD).

Deleted
    They have spoken about improvements to the personal loot system, it will be interesting to hear what they are. All they need to do is make Normal and Heroic personal loot only, and this disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't really care. While I think it's a bit silly that the very "top" guilds feel the need to run 6 split run *shrug* - whatever floats their boat.

If your guild plans to do split runs and you don't want to then find a guild that suits your "needs" rather than asking them to change the game.

I like and aspire to play at a high level so it's just a requirement that comes with it, i'm fine with doing it if it is needed, just would really prefer not to have to (and from what I gathered this seems to be a more popular side of the fence but who knows). I raid for progressing on bosses gear is just a tool for that so to dedicate a lot of extra time to more gear seems a bit silly (again, I know no one is forcing us but the difference it makes if you care about rankings at all is crazy)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    They have spoken about improvements to the personal loot system, it will be interesting to hear what they are. All they need to do is make Normal and Heroic personal loot only, and this disappears.
    Ooh yeah, I actually quite like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    The simplest way is to force personal loot for N/H. Though that has disadvantages.

The main problem with splits is that you can assign loot to players while lockouts are flexible (like they never were before WoD).
    This is basically the only solution outside of some radical change to the entire loot system. Placing an account lock or difficulty lock on loot just harms players who play more than one character or difficulty per week and if its temporary (like one week) it only delays the inevitable while still harming players that legitimately play more than one character. The root of the problem is that loot can be handed out to specific players creating a system where its advantageous to funnel loot to specific people. Truly dedicated players would also just buy multiple accounts to circumvent anything like an account lockout. You also have to consider the impact of having multiple raid ready alts to abuse the wild balancing swings that are present on specific bosses. Truly solving split runs is damn near impossible without hurting the game a lot
    Last edited by Erolian; 2015-08-09 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    People will still do split runs but have multiple of the same class alts in their splits. Only way to fix split runs is remove normal/heroic or force it to be same loot save as mythic which does more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by NDAbreakeryolo View Post
    People will still do split runs but have multiple of the same class alts in their splits. Only way to fix split runs is remove normal/heroic or force it to be same loot save as mythic which does more harm than good.
    How can they manipulate personal loot to get a higher item level for the 20 mains? Whichever toons get the most loot from personal are brought along? Hmm, why is it harmful to make mythic the same loot lockout as other modes?

Definitely fuck off heroic and mythic not sharing a lockout, was/is downbuzz having to do heroic before you do mythic. Split clears aren't the worst - would probably be saying something different if I'm 4 months into farm and doing alt runs every week (which thankfully won't happen since last tier of expansion )

Any fixes you think are good, would you be happy if the same thing applied to LFR. If you did LFR, no loot from normal/heroic/mythic.

Forcing personal on normal/heroic punishes organized groups, unless they improve it somehow(Maybe allowing you to reroll if you get duplicate/item you don't want or trade item + others for new piece.)

Why punish heroic raiders for what the minority do for an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Any fixes you think are good, would you be happy if the same thing applied to LFR. If you did LFR, no loot from normal/heroic/mythic.

Forcing personal on normal/heroic punishes organized groups, unless they improve it somehow(Maybe allowing you to reroll if you get duplicate/item you don't want or trade item + others for new piece.)

Why punish heroic raiders for what the minority do for an edge.
    Fair point, the heroic and normal raiding guilds need to be considered for sure. As a few have stated blizz have said they want to improve personal loot so we might see a way in which it becomes a good system to use in a guild environment.
    I think LFR could be an exception since people do it for runes/artifact points/whatever so just don't let LFR affect loot lockouts in any way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the bare minimum, I'd like to see the lockout system return to how it was in previous expansions.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how they would do it, beyond restricting normal and heroic to personal loot, and allowing you to do whatever with Mythic. That, or artificially forcing you to run with personal loot for a certain amount of time. For example making personal loot the only option for the first 2-3 weeks, that would 'mostly' kill the need for split runs. That however isn't a clean solution.

To be honest I'm not sure if it warrants change. My guild would be put in an advantageous situation if anything was done to discourage or prevent split runs as we don't do it, but to be honest there really aren't that many guilds that do it to begin with.

One raid lockout per week be it lfr/normal/heroic/mythic

Could just enforce personal loot for week one but not enough do split clears for them to institute that sort of restriction. [though arguably nobody loses out if they decide to buff personal loot further, already real appealing for week 1 right now even in organized raiding guilds]

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Stop fucking with how people want to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Could just enforce personal loot for week one but not enough do split clears for them to institute that sort of restriction. [though arguably nobody loses out if they decide to buff personal loot further, already real appealing for week 1 right now even in organized raiding guilds]
    That's actually the best suggestion yet, other methods could be circumvented by people having multiple accounts (it would happen).
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Personal Loot 3.0, solved this decade-long issue in less than a paragraph.