Poll: Should they change the system to make split clearing impossible?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    That's actually the best suggestion yet, other methods could be circumvented by people having multiple accounts (it would happen).
    Only thing is it pushes back the split raids to week 2 so it's not a perfect solution or anything. Might see less guilds split raid as a whole though.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know a single person that actually enjoys split runs, but even guilds in the lower end of the top 250 were doing them this tier just because it's such a huge advantage. I don't think split runs should be a thing, though I can't really see a way to fix it without damaging somebody elses playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    No. Stop fucking with how people want to play.
    I have yet to see anyone who actually wants to do split runs. I'm sure they exist, but they're in the clear minority compared to those who feel forced to do them and hate it.

Maybe limit it to 1 or 2 separate clears, Forcing top end raiders to do 6 clears per week at launch is stupid and will just lead to super quick burnout.

I'd really like to see split clears eliminated and world first races be prolonged, but I can't think of a permanent solution that wouldn't negatively impact less hardcore guilds.

Forcing personal loot on normal/heroic doesn't sound all that bad if they improve upon the system. However, it will piss off a lot of people in the long run.

Only allowing loot from one difficulty per boss would mess with guilds who do a farm run on a lower difficulty followed by a farm/progression run on the next difficulty. It would suck to kill normal Archimonde in a farm run, then progress and down him on heroic but not be eligible for loot.

The loot rules could change a week or two after a raid tier's release, but that is poor game design.

If encounters could be balanced in a way that they put equal weight upon DPS, healers, and tanks, forcing personal loot would be acceptable.
    In the current state of raids, DPS checks are the most common walls that are hit during progression. This causes the need for funneling gear to DPS. For many encounters, higher raid DPS will lead to decreased damage taken.
    Mythic Hellfire Assault is a prime example. If the raid doesn't have high enough damage output, the healing required and tank damage taken greatly increases.

Personal loot cannot be forced until the gear needs of all three roles are normalized.

Heroic/Normal modes made Personal Loot

Mythic keeps the master loot option

There i killed Split Runs
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

How about you start minding your own buisness and play the game instead of trying to cripple other players?

Yes. Fuck split runs. Force personal loot in normal/hc, choose w/e you want in mythic.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Yes. Fuck split runs. Force personal loot in normal/hc, choose w/e you want in mythic.
    god forced personal loot would be cancer i'd quit the game instantly

I wish there was a way for blizzard to stop split runs but what can we do cutting edge raiding means you have to do everything as effectively as possible, even with personal loot i'd still be doing 3+ split runs
    Last edited by mmoc9cb242d19c; 2015-08-09 at 09:32 AM.

Make mythic drops from the last tier 5 ilvl higher than the new heroic gear, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    god forced personal loot would be cancer i'd quit the game instantly

I wish there was a way for blizzard to stop split runs but what can we do cutting edge raiding means you have to do everything as effectively as possible, even with personal loot i'd still be doing 3+ split runs
    Why on earth would you do splits with personal loot? 0 gain unless you play the same class in every run and main the one that gets most gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Make mythic drops from the last tier 5 ilvl higher than the new heroic gear, problem solved.
    New tier gear is in most cases stronger, problem not solved.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

because tier set bonuses are balanced by holinka, but if every tier set bonuses give roughly the same dps gain...

because tier set bonuses are balanced by holinka, but if every tier set bonuses give roughly the same dps gain...
    Holinka designs pvp last time I checked.

Deleted
    Why on earth would you do splits with personal loot? 0 gain unless you play the same class in every run and main the one that gets most gear.
    0 gain? Gear is gear. Why would we pass up on the opportunity of upgrades? and plenty of times we have had people play 2 of the same class and run with the one with better gear

Holinka designs pvp last time I checked.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

7+ Year Old Account
    No...no....no.... and more no.

Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    0 gain? Gear is gear. Why would we pass up on the opportunity of upgrades? and plenty of times we have had people play 2 of the same class and run with the one with better gear
    Gear on alts you don't use in mythic is useless. 0 gain unless you have 2 or more of the same class and play the one that gets better gear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Force personal loot for top20 guilds in norm/hc difficulty. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Just release Mythic on week 1 and you will see a lot less split runs.

Any attempt at manipulating lockouts/personal loot/whatever has flaws in one way or another and can be circumvented, either by simply making multiple chars of the same class, or multiple accounts (dear god no..), etc.

Why do you guys even care about top mythic guilds? Every top guild does it.