Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What's the most underappreciated role in the game? I'd say healer.

Sure, it's appreciated sometimes if they are really aware they are dying without a good healer but most times they are saved by a healer they are not aware at all. It's disheartening to hear the dpses fighting about their dps meter wars while a healer is doing a much harder job keeping them alive for that to happen at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Sure, it's appreciated sometimes if they are really aware they are dying without a good healer but most times they are saved by a healer they are not aware at all. It's disheartening to hear the dpses fighting about their dps meter wars while a healer is doing a much harder job keeping them alive for that to happen at all.
    Only Mages can really notice it, since that's the only class with literally zero self-healing.

Well, it does not work like that. You work together as a team, and every member of a team does his job. If everyone do their job good, the boss is down and everybody's work is appreciated. If not, you find those who failed and teach them to not fail next time.

I may as well say that oh dear, nobody appreciates how fast I, as a damage dealer, switched to adds and focus killed them before they managed to deal huge damage to the raid, or how I, as a tank, turned boss from a raid in the very last moment before a devastating cleave goes in. I guess you're playing a healer, so guess what, when you play every role, it seems like you do most job while all other players are just slacking Which is obviously wrong, if your team wins.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Rogue is the most underappreciated role. Least populous class woes.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I frequently get complimented for my healing. I don't feel underappreciated at all.

Deleted
    Players that don't complain, read up on tactics, are coming prepared and do their job. You know the ones that no one notice but are the backbone of a raid.

Deleted
    As a tank I'm very well aware of the healer's job and grateful for keeping me alive, it's rather noticeable when they have a lot to do because whenever that happens I sit around at 50 % health for at least three seconds or more... =)

I'll probably also say healer though, especially due to some behaviour people had that's been around for years, DPS standing in void zones and expecting the healer to heal through it for example...

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Only Mages can really notice it, since that's the only class with literally zero self-healing.
    Not true:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=110825/g...generative-ice

7+ Year Old Account
    Benchwarmer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Benchwarmer.

I'm sure that's coming from someone with experience in top guilds. Yeah.. not very fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never felt unappreciated as a healer. Especially if you do your job correctly and go above and beyond sometimes. We have the capacity to make up for screw ups on a tank or dpses part by using our cds or managing our mana properly for oh shit moments.

Most often it's the tanks who get the most blame or are unappreciated.

Deleted
    Devs
    Bliz team

Tanking by far. When a healer does its job well you can clearly see that. Even when they don't, they still get credit eventhough the succes of your group depended 100% on the tank. I have been in a lot of groups where at the end people are 'nice healing' eventhough they were shit and i selfhealed myself all the way through and even saved the dpses with CD's and offheals. Never have i ever seen 'well tanked'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    Tanking by far. When a healer does its job well you can clearly see that. Even when they don't, they still get credit eventhough the succes of your group depended 100% on the tank. I have been in a lot of groups where at the end people are 'nice healing' eventhough they were shit and i selfhealed myself all the way through and even saved the dpses with CD's and offheals. Never have i ever seen 'well tanked'.
    This. I've had the same. I remember pugging Garrosh as a tank. The healers were bad and I had to try very hard to stay alive. We only killed it because I was overgeared and could keep myself up. Yet at the end "nice healing".

Deleted
    To me its the dps role. Especially the classes that bring a little more to a raid than just raw numbers. So im talking doing the lil extra things that help the raid out. Interupts, missdirecting, tricksing, stunning, etc etc etc.

Ive filled all roles in all sorts of level raiding and i never really felt unappreciated but that lil extra the dpsers can and will do is often not acknowledged. Especially in pugs it quickly comes down to just looking at recount

It works both ways @ tank praisers.

I am a healer and go out of my way at times to keep the tank up. Yet what do I see? Nice tanking tank!!
    While surely he got agro and kept it properly usually. Using cooldowns would not be a luxury sometimes. I mean if I need to use both my Hands of Sacrifice + lay on hands + Hand of Protection on the mage to avoid agro issues etc....

yet no one notices that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a bit of a point to this, although I wouldn't consider it much of an issue.

I'd agree that top DPS sometimes get a bit much of praise. There lies prestige among DPS to get a top spot in the meters and I do enjoy participating in the meter race a lot.

I think though that after a fight, that DPS list is pretty much the only receipt that stays and can be looked at. Healing done is compromised by discipline priests disrupting the flow as well as that one delivering the least healing overall might just have delivered the most crucial life saving heals. And "Tanking done" simply doesn't exist as a list.

But isn't tanking rewarding in itself a bit? I mean.. Archimonde, Blackhand etc are paying attention to YOU. You are pretty much always the central hero of the encounter.

Healing.. is a bit harder to get praise as. If a group succeed with an encounter, we like to give that credit towards knowing the fight and avoiding the dangers. And if we fail, obviously the healers should have healed more. In the end though, a good healer will be recognised by being in a good group.

lies, lies and more lies... Always appreciate good healers, dps, tanks in any raid / community i've been in.
    Some people just want to be special snowflakes in guilds, and will do pretty much anything to get or be in center of attention.

I would disagree with the statement that if the group fails, the healers should have healed more. Like I said to someone last night in HFC, I cannot heal stupid.
    I mean if people on Xhul stand in stuff or take the wrong debuff to the wrong side of the room... or worse: let it pop in the melee - I can be the worlds greatest healer and it wouldn't have made the difference.

Also as a paladin I use Hands of Protection a lot. I see someone getting agro and it is a caster, I will HoP you. If I know the tank is going to get smacked around or see his HP drop rapidly, I use Hand of Sacrifice (30% less damage for 12 secs). Now when I cast these, I will also /w the person receiving this buff. I also put this message in our healerchannel. So everyone concerning knows that I did everything in my power to minimise the risk of failure. I know not every class should do this. It would be spammage all over the place. But because I do this, I get praised a lot more.

Sadly crossrealm /w do not work for me. So in a PUG I will remain annonymous and someone else will get praise if at all.

I'd say dungeon guide.

Hardly anyone ever bothers to take up the mantle and help their group win even though it's the most important role. Most people either can't be bothered and just expect everyone to know everything about the dungeon/raid and automatically be on the same page, or think someone else should do it.

And if you do it well and lead a random group or raid to a flawless win, then people just take it for granted and hardly anyone appreciates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I'd say dungeon guide.

Hardly anyone ever bothers to take up the mantle and help their group win even though it's the most important role. Most people either can't be bothered and just expect everyone to know everything about the dungeon/raid and automatically be on the same page, or think someone else should do it.

And if you do it well and lead a random group or raid to a flawless win, then people just take it for granted and hardly anyone appreciates it.
    Dungeon guide is one of the most overvalued roles. A dungeonguide is only appriciated when an expansion is released. After those first few days (yes days) everyone should either read a guide or know how it works. I find dungeon guides at this point the most annoying people in a dungeon. Such a waste of time.