Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Umm, how is not taking responsibility for your actions not part of being an adult?
    This isn't about taking responsibility it's about people going over the top.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The officer did just about the world's worst job boxing in the suspect's vehicle and then walked into a predictable path for the vehicle's exit. As far as I'm concerned the cop created the situation where lethal force could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Being an adult isn't saying "if I break the law I deserve whatever happens"
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This isn't about taking responsibility it's about people going over the top.
    This is what you said.

Deleted
    Humans divide themselves into groups. They have always done so and will always do so. We need to have that feeling that we fit in somewhere. Sadly many does not know how to really stand by what is right and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yep yep

i forgot that cop cars need to be neon pick and have giant signs saying POLICE POLICE POLICE otherwise theyre techincally unmarked
    Yes, they are supposed to be highly visible and distinguishable as a patrol car so that people can go to them for help if they need it.

also, yep, youre clearly 100% right. the cop certainly was able to tell that the sporadic movements of the car were going to continue going away from him, rather than back and forth, because he can see the future!
    He put himself in danger by running along side of the car, there was not a single moment where the driver was aiming at, or steering towards the officer.

now if only the cop still wasnt within his rights, maybe youd have a leg to stand on.
    The court will decide if he was within his rights. There is more than enough evidence of the situation at hand for a judge and jury to decide what was right and/or wrong in this scenario.

or did you forget about how deadly 2k lb moving objects goin 60mph as they flee the cops can be?
    Did you forget how terrifying it is to have a person block your car in, exit with a fire arm drawn, running at you screaming? Neither were smart to do. The fleeing suspect 'could have' caused harm to others. The officers actions ended a mans life.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2015-10-28 at 05:27 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    Humans divide themselves into groups. They have always done so and will always do so. We need to have that feeling that we fit in somewhere. Sadly many does not know how to really stand by what is right and wrong.
    And who are you to decide what is right and wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Yes, they are supposed to be highly visible and distinguishable as a patrol car so that people can go to them for help if they need it.

He put himself in danger by running along side of the car, there was not a single moment where the driver was aiming at, or steering towards the officer.

The court will decide if he was within his rights. There is more than enough evidence of the situation at hand for a judge and jury to decide what was right and/or wrong in this scenario.

Did you forget how terrifying it is to have a person block your car in, exit with a fire arm drawn, running at you screaming? Neither were smart to do. The fleeing suspect 'could have' caused harm to others. The officers actions ended a mans life.
    the video is two posts up. 19 seconds in the cop is moving in front of the car and is forced to move out of the way because if he doesnt he will get run over. just because the intent of the driver is to drive away does not mean he is not liable for trying to run over someone. it also doesnt matter that the cop is the one who put himself in danger, or did you forget that a cops entire job is based on protecting the public at their own expense? id say stopping someone who "could have" caused harm to others is fulfilling that.

feel free to keep defending someone who was assumed to be driving a car under the influence, driving recklessly as he attempts to escape the cops, and disregards someone stepping in front of their car as they continue to drive away.

it just makes you look like youre a part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    MMO-C is on a role, second video of a real bad cop in 2 days...
    People seem to relish in Negativity more than Positivity. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about a cop saving someone on this forum, even though they often do it on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    the video is two posts up. 19 seconds in the cop is moving in front of the car and is forced to move out of the way because if he doesnt he will get run over. just because the intent of the driver is to drive away does not mean he is not liable for trying to run over someone. it also doesnt matter that the cop is the one who put himself in danger, or did you forget that a cops entire job is based on protecting the public at their own expense? id say stopping someone who "could have" caused harm to others is fulfilling that.

feel free to keep defending someone who was assumed to be driving a car under the influence, driving recklessly as he attempts to escape the cops, and disregards someone stepping in front of their car as they continue to drive away.

it just makes you look like youre a part of the problem
    Since you pointed out the moment where the officer was next to the driver's side door, and are claiming that is the same as being in front of the car, I can no longer take you seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a thread about a cop saving someone on this forum, even though they often do it on a daily basis.
    Probably because that's their job?

"Firefighter puts out fire" isn't exactly praiseworthy. It's a basic expectation.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Since you pointed out the moment where the officer was next to the driver's side door, and are claiming that is the same as being in front of the car, I can no longer take you seriously.
    ignoring where the cops leg and foot are because you just need to be right

quality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

"Firefighter puts out fire" isn't exactly praiseworthy. It's a basic expectation.
    surely thats why no one cares or bothers to thank firefighters when they rescue someone from a burning building

surely youre not being disingenuous on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Since when is doing one's job mutually exclusive with being praiseworthy? I would hate to have you as a manager, regardless of the field, but especially one where the "job" involves risking your own life.

This is what they look like, however instead of grey, it is a light bronze. If you are not close to the car, you would never see the markings. It would like just like any other civilian vehicle. This one is a state trooper, however the municipal patrol cars look like this too now.

Patrol Cars should be easily visible and identifiable so that those who are in need of an officer can easily find one. Not some stealth car lurking in the shadows where no one can find one if they need it.

As for the report, he stated the car was aiming at him and accelerated. Which is an absolute lie as per the video a few pages back. The officer ran to the side of the car after it was already in motion.
    That's not a patrol car. That's a government vehicle for the state police. There is a difference between the two. They both have to be marked, but just because the state police logo is on the side doesn't make it the kind of car they are allowed to drive around in on patrol.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2015-10-28 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    That's not a patrol car. That's a government vehicle for the state police. There is a difference between the two. They both have to be marked, but just because the state police logo is on the side doesn't make it the kind of car they are allowed to drive around in on patrol.
    "This is what they look like, however instead of grey, it is a light bronze. If you are not close to the car, you would never see the markings. It would like just like any other civilian vehicle. This one is a state trooper, however the municipal patrol cars look like this too now.

Patrol Cars should be easily visible and identifiable so that those who are in need of an officer can easily find one. Not some stealth car lurking in the shadows where no one can find one if they need it.

As for the report, he stated the car was aiming at him and accelerated. Which is an absolute lie as per the video a few pages back. The officer ran to the side of the car after it was already in motion."