Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Aspect of pack, duh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Is it 100% confirmed that it will be a melee spec though? Isn't all we know, that the artifact is a spear? Could bee a throwing spear! Like the low level one. At least there was a low level throwing spear before, I remember I had it on my rogue back in Vanilla.
    It's confirmed that you will be throwing spears from melee range.
    You don't even need to release the spear, and can pull the spear from the target to do it again.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Awesome! Haven't been all up to date with all the interviews etc because of work.

This will for sure make me dust of my hunter, just to test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

May be it'll be more like hunter melee used to be , as in its a hybrid melee/ranged so some slows, stuns, etc are ranged. Might simply be enabled via existing trap launcher mechanic accompanied by spear being both melee and [mid] range viable ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

It's going to be the grappling hooks that the Thunderlord clan use in Frostfire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Who says they'll get one? Us Paladins don't have any beyond a slow (which we have to glyph for), alongside a stun. Technically they aren't even 'gap closers' in the traditional sense of Charge/Death Grip/etc.
    Well pallys have speed buff naow
    My opinion is chain target its obvious we gona use spear and most spear classes who i play with in RPG have that ability no mater that they count moslty as warriors
    Probably we go to target instead to take target to us like DKs which i preff because can be like warriors charge on some poor critter on top of the mountain
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-08-28 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they need one? I'm pretty sure that blizz can go ret way here and give none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    May be it'll be more like hunter melee used to be , as in its a hybrid melee/ranged so some slows, stuns, etc are ranged. Might simply be enabled via existing trap launcher mechanic accompanied by spear being both melee and [mid] range viable ...
    Actually I hope it's gonna be a hybrid instead of a pure melee. But that's maybe pure nostalgia who's speaking.

You come to close? Wing Clip -> Pew pew... No wing clip? Detterence -> Parry -> Counter Attack... Pew pew

I'll be amazed the day a hunter can kill a melee with melee himself.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    I'll be amazed the day a hunter can kill a melee with melee himself.
    Can't wait to duel a rogue and win

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Who says they'll get one? Us Paladins don't have any beyond a slow (which we have to glyph for), alongside a stun. Technically they aren't even 'gap closers' in the traditional sense of Charge/Death Grip/etc.
    Stun, slow, movement speed increases. You might not like your gap closers, but you have them, like every melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ean View Post
    This ... is... HUNTAAA!
    Wooo!

I really want a grapple or something. Relying on your pet to pin down or drag enemies to you might be too choppy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    So? That doesn't mean it'll actually happen. We've all been told that plenty of times, too, right?
    Impeach the MF.

7+ Year Old Account
    " You jump on your pet and fastly ride towards the target "

Chain grab like the Mobs in Auchindoun

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    Chain grab like the Mobs in Auchindoun
    Living the Storm Peaks dream.

When you think about it, the chain spear pull makes sense. Currently only DKs have that kind of utility. It might make sense to put it on other people, considering how key timely grips/mass grips are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilraq View Post
    The visual on this would be amazing.

Also, why not go all crazy with it and be chains and locking. Imagine a reverse scorpion where we throw a spear into our enemies and drag them back to us?

Or using the tether ability that's currently a leveling talent and make it part of our charge-like system? I just want it to invoke a deadly hunter of game feel.
    Even a more sounding reason why BM should be the pet centric melee spec
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Dragon Con interviews revealed that "Survival Hunters, who are melee in Legion, get Harpoon ability to draw mobs towards them." - From the Wowhead summary of the panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Dragon Con interviews revealed that "Survival Hunters, who are melee in Legion, get Harpoon ability to draw mobs towards them." - From the Wowhead summary of the panel.
    I'm basically imagining Grapple Weapon monks used to have here. Its going to be a hell for immobile classes in PvP though. Imagine a DK + Survival hunter team. Double grip + potentially insane CC.

Asphyxiate + throw trap + double grip. If both grips are down, throw aoe slow trap to root and catch up. Disengage can be used as gap closer as well. Of course nobody knows what's going to happen for sure, but from what we know atm it seems pretty insane.