Poll: Are you excited to wear a pole arm?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Survival since the launch of WotLK, and this is a HUGE slap in the face, but what are you gonna about it right?

Looks like i'm forced to go BM for Questing/Solo and MM for Dungeons/Raids.

It's a shame you are forced to use a specific typ of weapon with these Artifacts. How does this work for Priests and Mages for example? Because i would like to stick with a Dagger or Mogging purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Been playing Survival since the launch of WotLK, and this is a HUGE slap in the face, but what are you gonna about it right?

Looks like i'm forced to go BM for Questing/Solo and MM for Dungeons/Raids.

It's a shame you are forced to use a specific typ of weapon with these Artifacts. How does this work for Priests and Mages for example? Because i would like to stick with a Dagger or Mogging purposes.
    nothing is FORCED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Yes, I will be quite happy to real out my 2h sword transmogs. Always played a hunter for the pet, not being ranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

i liked having a melee weapon but i hate the concept of a melee hunter spec. Blizzard better impress with this. All we can honestly do is speculate, circle jerk and call each other shitters if we have different opinions since no one has alpha no one can say anything for sure. Ill give it a honest try but im not too thrilled about it.

I'd rather have dual swords, axes, or daggers, but it will be a fun off spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    But I remember playing hunter years ago and I just loved the look and feel of dual wielding agility swords. Sure they were stat sticks, but occasionally when enemies would run up in my melee range i'd pull out my swords and goto town on them. It didn't do much damage of course but it looked cool. I was pretty sad when they took melee weapons away because I liked that look and feel.
    BLAM BLAM BLAM!!

"Shit they're closing in! Take the Aspect of the Monkey and whip out my twin swords. Raptor Strike! Dodge then Mongoose Bite! Wing Clip, Disengage."

BLAM BLAM!

"Crap, now Mao's hungry and pissed at me. Hey, mage, spare some magic bread?" Gooood times. But yeah, I'd prefer dual-wield too.
    Last edited by Karrotlord; 2015-08-11 at 05:16 AM.

Wonder if these threads are really just made to pad the OP's post/thread count.

the idea of the spec sounds cool but i want to see how it plays first. could be as boring as surv currently is just in melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    nothing is FORCED.
    As in, i don't have to play my Hunter anymore after it's been my Main since the launch of TBC?

I AM forced to go BM if i want to stay Ranged with Pet.

offtopic:

I also miss having a Quiver on my back, is that ever coming back?

I love the idea but for me it's bm hunters that should be melee and surv be a kite /trapper range

10+ Year Old Account
    No...not really,never wanted a melee spec for my hunter,I rolled it back in the day because it was mainly a ranged class with small usage of melee weapons,think that system fitted the best imho,its also going to suck if all of a sudden survival is the go-to spec for a tier then all your hunters are suddenly melee with unleveled artifacts (if BM/MM were better the tier before), I'm sure it will be interesting to play,at least more then current survival,but just isnt for me.
    I think having SV throw spears instead like troll headhunters in wc2/3 would be a much better option imho,adds a bit of flavor to the spec (Can have different types of poison or spears even or something) while staying a range class.
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2015-08-11 at 09:41 AM.

Absolutely not. I honestly don't see the logic of adding yet another melee option to the game, especially hunters. Even now on my server it's not uncommon for guilds to advertise for ranged dps as they are too melee heavy. This is before the introduction of yet another melee class, the demon hunter. Also, given Blizz's history when it comes to specc balancing, that really only leaves ranged with two options. I rolled a hunter because I loved the idea of having my trusty wolf or tiger by my side. Now they say there will be only one specc, BM which will have a pet. If they don't manage to balance BM where dps is raid viable, then it will be time to hang up my bow and switch to another class, probably mage as my main. Sv as melee is the worse thing I've heard so far about Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I also miss having a Quiver on my back, is that ever coming back?
    There were plans for it in WoD, since all WoD mentioned features are atm in legion, there is a chance we will see quivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I would be more happy, it they wouldn't add a new melee-class AGAIN - it will be hard to get a raidspot as melee hunter I guess. But we will see....
    As the most played class world wide - a tankspec could help for LFR or Dungeons ...but I don't know how they would include the pet there...

I like the idea. It's a thing I wasn't expecting, but why not a melee spec after all. With a pet in addition, seems fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, and I for one will not play Survival again. If I wanted to play a melee class I would play my rogue.

People saying that they like the current SV spec and hate the melee idea, don't worry. MM has basically the same gameplay.
    I've always enjoyed playing Survival since 2004 until recently, in my opinion it's the most yawny hunter spec right now.
    I'm completely sure I'll roll Survival again in Legion. Hunters finally get some variation to their specs, and I love it.

Why wouldn't it make any sense?

BM is ranged with pet. (like always)
    MM is ranged without pet. (aka Lone Wolf)
    Survival is melee with pet.

You won't lose any gameplay, just gain another option.
    Because seriously, you could roll any specialization right now without noticing any difference in their current state.

PS. One CAN hunt animals without guns or bows.
    Last edited by FiddleLiddle; 2015-08-11 at 02:15 PM.

Probably shelving my hunter if this goes through. I've always hated BM and WoD MM is the most boring, flavorless spec in the entire game.

Deleted
    i like the idea even though i hope for MM to still be top spec. love Archer style without pet =)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I've always had a polearm in my pants BOOM!
    /slow claps
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.