Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Legion Dev Talk, Dev Interviews

Legion Dev Talk
    The developers are back today to talk more about Legion.

Dev Interviews
    BlizzPlanet had the chance to talk to the developers about Legion. New information that wasn't in other interviews is below:

• There won't be another filler patch between Warlords and the Legion invasion, other than the flying patch.
    • Ruby Sanctum didn't work out well. It was entertaining for a week or so, as there was one boss to kill and then you were done.
    • In Warlords, the team didn't do enough to express the story through in-game content. The garrison campaign wasn't enough.
    • One more character slot is being added.
    • Having one artifact per spec will help to focus the specs. Right now Frost Death Knights can use a two-hand weapon or dual wield, but their artifact is two runeblades, so they will focus on dual-wielding in Legion and Unholy will focus on two-hand weapons.
    • The new Honor system allows for some new abilities to be added that would have been cut in the past, as they were PvP only.
    • Draenor's forces are busy rebuilding Draenor, so they are not going to come and help with the Burning Legion.
    • Illidan's storyline will span the entire expansion.
    • Only allowing elves to be Demon Hunters fits the lore and is the right choice for Legion.
    • One of the social features under development is notifying you when friends join a queue and allowing you to queue with them.
    • The team would also like to improve communication across groups. If you have a group of friends you raid with or PvP with there should be a better way to communicate with them.
    • Older time limited legendary items, such as the Mists of Pandaria cape, may become transmogable.
    • The sewers of Dalaran were mention as an Order Hall for Rogues again.
    • Champions will unlock or complement content rather than doing content for you.

Hopefully they make DW Frost more fun then, as it's currently very uninteresting in comparison to 2h Frost.

Also, really? Sewers of Dalaran? When Rogues have places like Ravenholdt Manor, being one of the few classes with an already established class hall, they give them a new one in the literal *sewers* of Dalaran? Damn, I guess they truly don't care about Rogues.

Deleted
    Haha man, I just made an account to talk about Ravenholdt Manor. But you were quicker than me. :P But yeah, I agree! Ravenholdt Manor is much more fitting than some sewers in Dalaran. Please Blizzard!

PLEASE someone ask them what their plans are for flying in Legion.

And confirm once and for all if Survival hunters will be Melee or not since a lot of people are refusing to believe it (not me, I want to believe it!).

Only allowing elves to be Demon Hunters fits the lore and is the right choice for Legion.
    They don't mind crucifying the lore, when it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Hopefully they make DW Frost more fun then, as it's currently very uninteresting in comparison to 2h Frost.

Also, really? Sewers of Dalaran? When Rogues have places like Ravenholdt Manor, being one of the few classes with an already established class hall, they give them a new one in the literal *sewers* of Dalaran? Damn, I guess they truly don't care about Rogues.
    Keep in mind Ravenholdt is not open to all rogues lore wise and i would it prefer it remain that way, The sewers could be really cool id blizzard implements it like a secret section full of awesome stuff, 90s RPG style.

Ravenholdt was destroyed in lore by Wrathion. Can't really go there.

Draenor's forces are busy rebuilding Draenor, so they are going to come and help with the Burning Legion.
    One of those ares should be an aren't for this sentence to make sense. Presumably the second one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Frost is to be DW only, then they need to make it how it was back during Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post

Frost in general needs something. Though with a focus on DW, it could just become the "fast" (i.e. cooldown limited rather than resource limited) spec. Plus DW degrades into a 2 button spec when AoE comes into play...

Best feature would be a dressing tab for tabards and transmog items. Similar to how heirlooms work.

"Draenor's forces are busy rebuilding Draenor, so they are going to come and help with the Burning Legion."

wat?

"One of the social features under development is notifying you when friends join a queue and allowing you to queue with them."

haha that's cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

And confirm once and for all if Survival hunters will be Melee or not since a lot of people are refusing to believe it (not me, I want to believe it!).
    They have stated previously that it will be Achievement based again, and Survival IS melee. Though most people think that BM would make more sense as melee, even considering that Surv was melee in Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tpedro View Post
    Best feature would be a dressing tab for tabards and transmog items. Similar to how heirlooms work.
    The transmog UI has been stated as being moved to that. Whether it's in a later, unplanned, patch (Dance Studio) or dropped is yet to be seen.

I am pretty sure that implementing the transmog/tabard tab would make players happier than any other new expansion features.
    And that is pretty sad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

How would people who still don't believe it believe it more after this interview? They've said it in other interviews..

Deleted
    Rogues are shit so the sewer seems fit for them. The introduction of the demon hunter killed the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamJariko View Post
    Ravenholdt was destroyed in lore by Wrathion. Can't really go there.
    When did that happen? I see that Wrathion took over Ravenholdt in Cata, which could be why it's been precluded as the Rogue Order Hall, on Wowpedia, but there's nothing about it being destroyed...

As for the Sewers of Dalaran being the Rogue Order Hall, it makes sense in a way. Dalaran is mobile, which is perfect for Rogues, and if the Kirin Tor doesn't mind the Rogues being there, it makes it the perfect base of operations. Dalaran will likely have stay neutral after this, though (Sorry Alliance fans. ).

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    "Draenor's forces are busy rebuilding Draenor, so they are going to come and help with the Burning Legion."

wat?
    They're going to be apart of the Army of Light. Despite WoD's failings, I don't see Blizzard outright abandoning Draenor or its denizens. We may even go to Goria one day.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

No more patches between 6.2.1 and 7.0?

That's...the servers are going to be ghost towns.

And Dalaran Sewers for rogues...fuck you, devs. Ravenholdt. It's in the fucking game already. Or are you just going to abandon it like everything else?

Some one ask if there will be Gnome hunters!

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    When did that happen? I see that Wrathion took over Ravenholdt in Cata, which could be why it's been precluded as the Rogue Order Hall, on Wowpedia, but there's nothing about it being destroyed...

As for the Sewers of Dalaran being the Rogue Order Hall, it makes sense in a way. Dalaran is mobile, which is perfect for Rogues, and if the Kirin Tor doesn't mind the Rogues being there, it makes it the perfect base of operations. Dalaran will likely have stay neutral after this, though (Sorry Alliance fans. ).

They're going to be apart of the Army of Light. Despite WoD's failings, I don't see Blizzard outright abandoning Draenor or its denizens. We may even go to Goria one day.
    Site updated
    There actually too busy to help us fight the legion