What if demonology Warlock becomes tank in legion with a twist?

A ranged tank that uses its demon to tank in raids?

I don't think so, there is already a new tank, and one less ranged spec, I don't think they will remove a second ranged dps spec.

While this would be seriously cool, I don't think it's going to happen sadly.

I had the thought and it sounds really awesome on paper, but in execution it would be very hard to effectively tank on the level of the others unless you controlled your demon.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I don't think so, there is already a new tank, and one less ranged spec, I don't think they will remove a second ranged dps spec.
    They can always add another ranged spec by changing a rogue spec into range or by making windwalker as ranged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    While this would be seriously cool, I don't think it's going to happen sadly.

I had the thought and it sounds really awesome on paper, but in execution it would be very hard to effectively tank on the level of the others unless you controlled your demon.
    I think blizzard can introduce interesting mechanics that improve demon tanking by WarlOck themself casting spells and by sharing damage and heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    A ranged tank that uses its demon to tank in raids?
    Demon Hunter is all that was Demo was or was shaping up to be. They literally took all the ideas they were testing out with Demo and turned it into a Hero Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Demon Hunter is all that was Demo was or was shaping up to be. They literally took all the ideas they were testing out with Demo and turned it into a Hero Class.
    I don't think you know how metamorphosis work...

Deleted
    It'd actually be interesting, but I doubt they are gonna give us what we want. We don't make them enough money :P

You could channel shields & health funnel into your demon. Basically empower your pet and control it like a mix of Mistweaver and BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    It'd actually be interesting, but I doubt they are gonna give us what we want. We don't make them enough money :P

You could channel shields & health funnel into your demon. Basically empower your pet and control it like a mix of Mistweaver and BM.
    Yes and our damaging spells only buff the demon damage mitigation further. Like symmetra and Mercy from overwatch.

I don't think you know how metamorphosis work...
    It really was. Metamorphosis, utilizing fel magic and hell, even a glyph of "Demon Hunting". While they weren't truly demon hunters, they were clearly inspired by them right down to abilities like Immolation Aura and leaping across the battlefield and the fact that they share a model with Illidan. The influence was very, very strong.

It's true that Demonology lost its identity, but I think this gives them a new chance to create a new one. But, if Blizzard doesn't want players leaving warlocks and rogues in droves, they really have to do right by these two classes. Aside from the newcomer, Monks, these two classes have been the clear least popular throughout WoW's lifetime and this isn't going to help at all.

I really think some crazy new ideas are really needed. I would be all for some sort of "fusion" with your felguard that allowed you to almost control it and gain a new set of abilities but I really don't have that much faith in them to do cool stuff with the spec.
    But DPSing with a Pit Lord, on the other hand...
    Last edited by Irian; 2015-08-09 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    It really was. Metamphosis, utilizing fel magic and hell, even a glyph of "Demon Hunting". While they weren't truly demon hunters, they were clearly inspired by them right down to abilities like Immolation Aura and leaping across the battlefield and the fact that they share a model with Illidan. The influence was very, very strong.

It's true that Demonology lost its identity, but I think this gives them a new chance to create a new one. But, if Blizzard doesn't want players leaving warlocks and rogues in droves, they really have to do right by these two classes. Aside from the newcomer, Monks, these two classes have been the clear least popular throughout WoW's lifetime and this isn't going to help at all.

I really think some crazy new ideas are really needed. I would be all for some sort of "fusion" with your felguard that allowed you to almost control it and gain a new set of abilities but I really don't have that much faith in them to do cool stuff with the spec.
    But DPSing with a Pit Lord, on the other hand...
    O gooD then because the op isn't about metamorphosis at all.

A tank based on allowing its pet to tank would be very annoying to play. Imagine properly pulling in dungeons, having to wait for your pet to react.

Sure, it'd work if you had like a permanent Misdirect to your pet, but that'd feel pretty strange I imagine. Best would be a return of the Dark Apotheosis glyph (but as a spec) - your offensive range and damage is reduced, thread is increased and armor is drastically increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    A tank based on allowing its pet to tank would be very annoying to play. Imagine properly pulling in dungeons, having to wait for your pet to react.

Sure, it'd work if you had like a permanent Misdirect to your pet, but that'd feel pretty strange I imagine. Best would be a return of the Dark Apotheosis glyph (but as a spec) - your offensive range and damage is reduced, thread is increased and armor is drastically increased.
    Give your pet passive blink mechanic and demonic leap, voila problem solved.

Give your pet passive blink mechanic and demonic leap, voila problem solved.
    Would still be awful and unintuitive. Much better if the player themselves get to tank, and I have extreme doubts Blizzard will make something that poor of a tank.

O gooD then because the op isn't about metamorphosis at all.
    I know, but it's relevant to talk about how demonology's identity as of the past half a decade or so is essentially gone. They're a blank slate and anything could really happen at this point. Considering how far they are along with hunters I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't thought of it yet.

I think the only way a "tank" with a pet would work is if the warlock could directly control the pet, though. There's truly no way you could have a pet tanking class otherwise because positioning with the basic demon AI is rough at best and impossible at worst and I don't think they'd update it just for demonology.