Page 1 of 52
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will the term SJW eventually die out

Let's be honest nobody outside the internet uses the term SJW, it's officially become a parody of itself and a ridiculous label. I see a lot of people seemingly rage about SJW which really boggles my mind. So will this tedious term eventually die out? Will people stop making SJW somekind of fictitious entity? Hell it's even used as some sort of obscure insult

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think SJWs are fictitious?

It's a good label for a whole lot of stupid.

it probably will when people stop pretending that posting to tumblr is the same as actually helping people who need it

SJWs have a lot in common with prayer

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Let's be honest nobody outside the internet uses the term SJW, it's officially become a parody of itself and a ridiculous label. I see a lot of people seemingly rage about SJW which really boggles my mind. So will this tedious term eventually die out? Will people stop making SJW somekind of fictitious entity? Hell it's even used as some sort of obscure insult
    It's a straw man that will likely never go away. It's a convenient stereo-type for the lazy to label those who they disagree with.

It's a good label that works as a descriptor for a group of people who engages in awful behaviour but thinks they're okay for doing it because they're "on the right side.".

And actually, to correct the OP, for a long time, SJW has been an internet term, but lately it's been gaining mainstream momentum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's a good label that works as a descriptor for a group of people who engages in awful behaviour but thinks they're okay for doing it because they're "on the right side.".

And actually, to correct the OP, for a long time, SJW has been an internet term, but lately it's been gaining mainstream momentum.
    Pretty much this.

Hell, when the yearly pastor came to campus to dialouge with "fornicators" I heard the term in the crowd several times.

People still throw around the fanboy accusation on a single disagreement, regardless of the fact that it requires the whole of that persons views to be overly positive.
    Once a new buzzword enters use, it won't go away, because people enjoy using it as a way of avoiding constructive arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Why would it? It's perfect description for some people.
    It's not really

It's lumping extremists with genuine activists that have helped the world move forward

- - - Updated - - -

That's an awfully flimsy description

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really

It's lumping extremists with genuine activists that have helped the world move forward
    Because people on the internet are helping move the world forward in what way?

You making a thread about it surely doesn't help it dying out. You're contributing to the issue that you're complaining about.

It's not really

It will be less popular when these so-called extremists stop being so common and prevalent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Because people on the internet are helping move the world forward in what way?
    Not all, but yes some are

- - - Updated - - -

It will be less popular when these so-called extremists stop being so common and prevalent.
    They're really not that common

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    It's a good label for a whole lot of stupid.
    This.
    It is the perfect word to describe a group of people who have nothing better to do with their lives other than find the next thing to be offended by.

7+ Year Old Account
    what does it mean?

One can only hope. That, along with white knight, and feminism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Language is ever-evolving and terms come and go. I'm sure it will be forgotten one day.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

It's not really

- - - Updated - - -

That's an awfully flimsy description
    I'm not here to offer you a definition. It's simply shorthand for a set of behaviours and beliefs that are downright hypocritical and malicious. If you want to talk about SJWs, you can, of course, rattle off the entire definition. But the reason for the shorthand is so people don't have to do that. That's all it is: a quick transfer of concept in a social environment.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all, but yes some are

- - - Updated - - -

They're really not that common
    Worryingly common nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    what does it mean?
    I believe it stands for Social Justice Warrior.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's a straw man that will likely never go away. It's a convenient stereo-type for the lazy to label those who they disagree with.
    Yep. That's the passive/aggressive nature of people on the internet.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2015-08-09 at 06:35 PM.