15+ Year Old Account

[Books] For Fans of ASoIaF and WoT

if you are looking for a new series to read, aside from the obvious ones of KingKiller Chronicles, Gentleman Bastards, and other big name series, i highly recommend you check out "A Pattern of Shadow and Light" by Melissa MchPhail. the first book is Cephrael's Hand. 3 books are out and there is going to be 5 in the series, not the best Fantasy series i ever read by any means, but still great, with dynamic characters and lots of intrigue.

Thanks for the tip. I would also recommend Steven Erikson's "Malazan book of the fallen" series in turn. In my opinion it handily beats either of those two awesome series in the title - however it's not got a traditional storyline from a to b so that could put off some. It's very much inspired by Cook's "Black Company" novels, but I like the dialogue better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I would also recommend Steven Erikson's "Malazan book of the fallen" series in turn. In my opinion it handily beats either of those two awesome series in the title - however it's not got a traditional storyline from a to b so that could put off some. It's very much inspired by Cook's "Black Company" novels, but I like the dialogue better.
    i said right there in the very first line "and other big name series" so it should cover stuff that evreyone knows like Mistborn, Stormlight Archive, and Malazan. this series is not widely known at all. but still very good.