Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The only way they'd be dismissing it is if they said, "All flavors except vanilla taste good!"

If I say that one flavor is good and you say that all flavors are good, you're agreeing with me. Only if I were purposefully trying to pick a fight would I see it any other way.
    The thing is that most people that say BLM say you are taking away from them when you say ALM. I don't understand why they think like that. If I didn't think ALM I would say All lives matter except ______. Now that I was educated about the meaning of the #BLM and how I was shamed by people when I said ALM I just don't respond with ALM because I can never get it through to them that I think everyone matters including blacks. Whatevs I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except that the #AllLivesMatter people are not agreeing with the #BlackLivesMatter people. That's the point. It's a counter-response, not an agreement.

You're now just changing the context completely.

The thing is I am somewhat of an ALM person but I do agree with BLM. When people have said in the past "BLM" I have said " yep ALM". Then I was shamed about it. So I don't think its a matter of agreeing or not. You have to be BLM and if you aren't then you don't agree in their eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're just straight-up ignoring context at this point. #AllLivesMatter popped up to contradict #BlackLivesMatter, not support it.
    My point of the OP is that I think people read the hashtag at face value and immediately think ALM. They don't delve into what the # is trying to say. ( I would say mostly older people). That's why I am not a fan of these # movements. Not for what they are but how they are cramming a bigger meaning in a small amount of words for the sake of a fun and easy #. But then again I guess you cant put a paragraph as a hashtag lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    No, it's there for Stupid people to back Racism.
    I can understand why you think that but there are some people that claim BLM and also mean ALM. So its just a really complicated thing. It's odd though because in my experience when I have said ALM people get mad at me so I just don't talk about it in person anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hashtags are just hyperlinks to more details of the subject. That's all it really is. Sure social media has become a platform for armchair activists, but those same arm chair activists are the ones who water down those hashtags.

Me personally, I'm of the, #Idontgiveashit group. Because I'm too cynical to give a shit about other people outside my immediate circle of friends and family. Especially for a group of people who are only sinking themselves further into the ground.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2015-08-11 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Hashtags are just hyperlinks to more details of the subject. That's all it really is. Sure social media has become a platform for armchair activists, but those same arm chair activists are the ones who water down those hashtags.

Me personally, I'm of the, #Idontgiveashit group. Because I'm too cynical to give a shit about other people outside my immediate circle of friends and family. Especially for people who are only sinking themselves further into the ground.
    Yea I understand that. I just believe it can confuse people (generally the older generation that don't use the internet too much and don't look into what the # means).