Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You know this thing that separates our spec from the others and makes it unique? Can you get rid of that for me? Thanks.
    Rambler.

Actually, Survival will be another melee spec with a pet in 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Actually, Survival will be another melee spec with a pet in 7.0.
    Yea but our pet eats brains
    Rambler.

They are trying to make specs more different from eachother, removing pet from Unholy would not help that. If anything they would focus even more on pets.

Or perhaps turn Unholy into more of a ranged Necromancer type with pets. All to make it even more different from Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantrithor View Post
    They are trying to make specs more different from eachother, removing pet from Unholy would not help that. If anything they would focus even more on pets.

Or perhaps turn Unholy into more of a ranged Necromancer type with pets. All to make it even more different from Frost.
    If their changes go through, unholy and frost are plenty different as is, no need to try and get fancy and make unholy a ranged spec.
    Rambler.

Deleted
    Was a thread a few years ago on mmoc (can't find it now) where we were talking about potential Unholy changes between Cata and MoP... some ideas (coming from a long-arse post on the official WoW forums - EDIT - found it http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2723274038 ) involved control undead becoming a tame undead ability. While different undead minions would have some different abilities they would generally fall into 3 categories:

Agile/melee undead: Ghouls, geists, skeletal warriors, vargul warriors, zombie.
    Heavy/tanky undead (mainly for levelling or solo play): Abominations, plague dogs, crypt lords, wights.
    Spellcaster undead: Banshees, ghosts, shade, crypt fiend, vargul caster, gargoyle.

The split between melee/spellcaster undead option would, at the very least help on ranged-centric fights.

It's unrealistic to think Blizzard would spend the time to implement this when Timmy works "fine" with the option of visual glyphs... And it was, at the time a pretty dividing opinion ("we're not hunters" was one of the arguments against) but hell, it's something I'd love to see. I don't want unholy to be a ranged spec but adding flavour to our pets would be a bonus.

Deleted
    pls stop, unholy is not meant to be a bm hunter. its bad enough most of the tier bonuses are tied to ghoul

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would much prefer to not have a "pet" ghoul for unholy. I would rather just be able to summon them and throw them endlessly at enemies instead of having to empower, guide, and protect the stupid thing... as well as watch all of it's aggro and where it is and all that BS. If I wanted a pet to take care of and maintain then I'd play a hunter.

Also, when it comes to specific weapon restrictions on specs, I don't like that either.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I would much prefer to not have a "pet" ghoul for unholy. I would rather just be able to summon them and throw them endlessly at enemies instead of having to empower, guide, and protect the stupid thing... as well as watch all of it's aggro and where it is and all that BS. If I wanted a pet to take care of and maintain then I'd play a hunter.

Also, when it comes to specific weapon restrictions on specs, I don't like that either.
    Turn unholy dk's into how Zagara plays in Hots, except with undead. Let's go boys, time to throw undead banelings at motherfuckers.
    Rambler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktz385 View Post
    If their changes go through, unholy and frost are plenty different as is, no need to try and get fancy and make unholy a ranged spec.
    True enough. I hate unholy as it is now though, so I can dream. Managing stacks for transforming the ghoul is one of the most awkward and boring designs I've ever played, so I guess no matter what they do I won't like it if that mechanic stays.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktz385 View Post
    Turn unholy dk's into how Zagara plays in Hots, except with undead. Let's go boys, time to throw undead banelings at motherfuckers.
    Pretty much, it should be an option, at least. Sure, let people keep their pet ghouls, some of us just want options to not have pet ghouls for unholy as well.

On that note, suicide bombing undead does sound interesting.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Urioh View Post
    Unholy isnt a substitute for anything wtf are you going on about
    Dude, he's like this over on the WoW DK forums too, people are too caught up in the looks to realize this change is needed

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I would prefer if Blizz went the opposite direction and gave UH more pet options. I feel like the game is missing a necromancer playstyle, and it would suit pet focus UH well, I think.

I would much rather just remove the ability to DW from DK's entirely. I think that would be far better than any other option. I want a 2h dps spec without a pet...and there are no viable options for that currently and no options for that at all come Legion. That's how the class was at its creation in Wrath...I do not feel that it is unreasonable to want that back.

Edit: oops I put class but meant spec.
    Last edited by Gorlab; 2015-08-10 at 09:36 PM.

I said this in another thread but I think they need to dial the pet back to a small passive damage boost with some minor utility like Wrath. Unholy should be about diseases more than anything. If they ever add 4th specs they can take ghoul away from unholy completely and give us a ranged necromancer spec.

There is already a petless unholy option, they just call it frost. None of the specs play all that different from the others, and going from two hand to dual wield frost changes literally nothing except appearance and stat priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    I want a 2h dps class without a pet...and there are no viable options for that currently and no options for that at all come Legion.
    Can anyone explain this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Can anyone explain this to me?
    Yeah that confused me as well. Arms and Retribution must be going away

Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    Wierd, some players seem to disagree with the mere mention of their own preferred playstyle being removed, but are perfectly happy with others having options removed.
    Quoted for truth

This is what I liked about the original talent system for Death Knights. For the most part, any spec could tank or dps, 2H or DW, pet or no pet (iirc), it just provided options.

I think that's what is important, not removing class identity or changing it, just letting players have fun with their favorite class, and not at the expense of how others do it.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2015-08-10 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    pls stop, unholy is not meant to be a bm hunter. its bad enough most of the tier bonuses are tied to ghoul
    Just ideas/opinions being thrown about, you disagree - fair enough. I don't see how it makes things worse though, it's just adding a bit of flavour to the pet we already have, not changing the way we play (and it would be more like the upcoming survival spec anyway! )

But yeah, at the end of the day I couldn't care less how DKs are changed any more. We've seen countless, major changes since inception and DKs are wildly different nowadays to the class we played in wrath. The only real argument against 2H frost's removal (for example) is a cosmetic one, we just look more bamf with a massive sword - stat scaling (or lack thereof), GCD issues, crit being devalued, mastery not impacting our main ability, 2H oblit in PvP... The list goes on. These are issues that could be fixed by reworking spells/abilities/KM procs etc... It's just easier to keep the spec that currently works. Other specs/classes are also losing their choice of DW/2H - we're not special. When people say "if you don't like it, just play another class" they're not necessarily being dismissive/dicks - there are countless classes out there that you may enjoy more and find the playstyle you desire.

I hope a ghoul will always be a part of the Unholy toolset, even if they decide to make it some sort of cooldown (like the old non-unholy specs). I personally just prefer having a permanent minion and I'd LOVE to be able to change that minion into something I've captured from Naxx
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2015-08-10 at 10:47 PM.