Some lives might matter rally?

There is a lot of rambling about the black lives matter group. Is there anyway we could get the "not all lives matter if infact any lives matter; it's all conjecture anyway" rally group started?

Why is the "modern" first world so stupidly worked up over this stuff? Even if their protest was validated, would it not pale in compare to pretty much anything else going on in the bottom 40 countries?

Deleted
    It's possible to care about more than one thing at once believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    I have no doubt that is true. But the anger or outrage seems a bit disingenuous when there are arguably greater evils or travisties amok.

I think the point they are making is "Black lives matter too"

When they say "Black lives matter" I get it, but apparently a lot of people don't get it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No lives matter rally!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think the point they are making is "Black lives matter too"

When they say "Black lives matter" I get it, but apparently a lot of people don't get it.
    I suppose that's the game. I hear "we want special treatment." It isn't as if white and brown people dont get shot by officers too. It isn't like there aren't children starving to death by the minute. Yet there is all of this outrage because people, many of whom are breaking the law at the time, get shot by police. I don't get it. I get no more worked up when I see 1 person shot by authorities than I do another purely based on what color they are/were. There's more important shit going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I have no doubt that is true. But the anger or outrage seems a bit disingenuous when there are arguably greater evils or travisties amok.
    It's normal to care about your own problems more then about strangers you will never meet problems, even if those problems are less severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    It's normal to care about your own problems more then about strangers you will never meet problems, even if those problems are less severe.
    I can accept that element of the human condition but that doesn't explain this scenario. These aren't all people who have been effected. This is a "hey I'm black too!" movement. Which again, how many black people have been mowed down in Africa this year die to radicals? Not seeing a lot of protests for that front, which is an arguably more heinous situation.

We need a "most lives don't matter rally". Has a certain George Carlin cynicism to it.

Deleted
    The problem with "black" movements is that by banding together as a race there is an implied endorsement of racism by identifying themselves that way.

Poor whites and poor blacks have a lot in common with each other, much more than so than rich whites or rich blacks.

Deleted
    Why arent they moving to Liberia? That country was created by former slaves from the US, wasn't it?

They can make their perfect paradise there without having to worry about white peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why arent they moving to Liberia? That country was created by former slaves from the US, wasn't it?

They can make their perfect paradise there without having to worry about white peeps!
    Not a great idea.

Rape and sexual assault have persisted in the post-conflict era in Liberia; the country has one of the highest incidences of sexual violence against women in the world. Rape is the most frequently reported crime, accounting for more than one-third of sexual violence cases; targets are largely adolescent girls, and almost 40% of perpetrators are adult men known to victims.*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia#Crime*

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if you hate everybody equally?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    The way you're putting this argument forward it makes it sound like you think anger over something happening in your community is somehow mutually exclusive with being concerned about what goes on elsewhere. It isn't. But it's easier to affect things in your immediate environment than something half a world away.

"But there are worse things happening elsewhere" is the worst argument ever towards putting down social action. It's like saying you shouldn't complain about having personal problems with your family/work/whatever because kids are starving in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    I can about our offense AND our defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread makes no sense
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."