Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    or instead of #2 and #3, there would be a #4,5,6,7,8~
    Because after stopping the knife wielding maniac, the bloodlust would overwhelm the theretofore peaceful IKEA shopper?

Deleted
    I of course never went to IKEA in Sweden, and here in the US the nearest is a whooping 180 miles from where I live, means no comparison either... But I did actually like the German IKEA stores. Their layout was always kinda cool.
    Layout here:

Huge dark warehouse with no windows or clocks with a oneway track snaking between areas till the end. It's like a conveyer belt of domestic disputes

IKEA as a kid...Ballroom muhfucka!

IKEA as an adult...cheap blinds and glassware!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Because after stopping the knife wielding maniac, the bloodlust would overwhelm the theretofore peaceful IKEA shopper?
    He's saying a gun would've killed more which is likely true

Deleted
    I of course never went to IKEA in Sweden, and here in the US the nearest is a whooping 180 miles from where I live, means no comparison either... But I did actually like the German IKEA stores. Their layout was always kinda cool.
    They're way too crowded. If I buy something from Ikea then I order it online instead of going to physical store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    The attacker used a knife from the kitchen store at IKEA.
    IKEA has something for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Or at least make it so the wooden block that holds the knives could be reduced to four knives instead of six. That way you can't use so many knives.

On a more serious note condolences to the victims. There's probably crazy people everywhere and you gota watch out and take care of yourselves. Be alert.

Signs do not protect you.
    Neither do guns, but ayyyy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Isn't the knife wielding maniac more likely to be a gun waving maniac?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    IKEA has something for everybody.
    i went to a ikea store once....it was horrible.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Neither do guns, but ayyyy.
    This is empirically false. Nothing more needs to be said on my part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    Bet he's foreign.
    That was my first instinct too, considering the police has refused to give details about the suspect.
    Got to love Sweden PC, guy kills two people with a knife and the first thing they worry about is the fact that he might be discriminated and used as an example by the anti-immigration crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    That was my first instinct too, considering the police has refused to give details about the suspect.
    Got to love Sweden PC, guy kills two people with a knife and the first thing they worry about is the fact that he might be discriminated and used as an example by the anti-immigration crowd.
    You're pretty much a prime example why they are withholding information still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    LOL. At this point withholding information is pretty telling. I've learnt to associate that with the perpetrator not being Swedish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    LOL. At this point withholding information is pretty telling. I've learnt to associate that with the perpetrator not being Swedish.
    Unless they are speaking about the victim then they say "Swedish man/woman" if it's an immigrant. If it's a native Swedish person they just specify gender. Swedish media is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    This is empirically false. Nothing more needs to be said on my part.
    How does a gun protect?

Deleted
    I think, everyone who reads the local news more often than once per month will connect the dots, that knife wielding lunatics are coming preferably from a certain region and are most certainly not natives.

And no masking in an article with male "Swede" will change this perception of the most people.

Deleted
    Example of what, please do tell.
    Just because I am against illegal immigration doesn't mean I wish this person any harm. Heck, I could just as easily state that you're a prime example of white guilt neo-liberal who would roll out the red carpet to murderous extremists like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Articles first stated that the attacker was foreign but it was quickly removed...

and why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Isn't the knife wielding maniac more likely to be a gun waving maniac?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    He's saying a gun would've killed more which is likely true
    It kinda speaks a certain language, that you guys had to actually explain what was as clear as it gets.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."