Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question Varian x Garrosh.

I watched Ulduar video, and got this question.

Who would win in a 1x1, no BS.

I cannot see how a 2H sword can stop dual axes.

But both chars have their specials, so i'm asking the nerd squad.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

Varian.

As shown by his duel with Cairne, Garrosh is very easy to provoke and in his role as a gladiator Varian knows how to take advantage of such a situation. And it's also shown in Wolfheart that Garrosh wasn't 100% confident that he could take Varian since he started to lose confidence when he realised that Varian wasn't tired from the run to get to Ashenvale.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Varian.

As shown by his duel with Cairne, Garrosh is very easy to provoke and in his role as a gladiator Varian knows how to take advantage of such a situation. And it's also shown in Wolfheart that Garrosh wasn't 100% confident that he could take Varian since he started to lose confidence when he realised that Varian wasn't tired from the run to get to Ashenvale.
    I feel you, but Musashi was not sure about Kojiro either and we know how it ended.

I mean, Garrosh was sold short in the game, he's damn strong, axes are fast weapons, and barbaric, most of the time used to keep the other side busy blocking all the time, Varian has to parry and a 2H cannot be faster than dual-wield... Probably against a slower opponent he could charge and strike with fierce, but garrosh being charged is laughable.

It would be nice to see Varian pulling this trick off. We all know Garrosh died in WoD to Trall 'cuz Metzen...

It would be nice to check NPCs skills | talents to be able to simulate the fight.
    Last edited by edmorte; 2015-08-10 at 06:50 PM.

That's a hard question but:
    They were almost at the same fight level. But after Varian got his "Lo'gosh" empowerment he could kill Garrosh in a fight(he won).

Are we talking about Sha-empowered Garrosh vs Varian? then Garrosh can easily take this. Otherwise it's a win to Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian because he has a demigod nelf empowering him because 'reasons', without it 1v1 average orc beat average human easily, but neither is average
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If Lo-gosh I think garrosh should be able to use sha powers its only fair

u speak about king varian the true dragon slayer the only gladiator lore wise

pretty much equal both are skilled dirty fighters, one mistake other wins

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Varian at the release of Wrath would lose to Garrosh, because they were very similar characters. The difference is that over time Varian grew as a man, and learned to control and hone his fury whereas Garrosh did not, and only descended deeper into it. Or to quote Thrall:

"The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian is slightly superior to Garrosh. Cairne would wipe the floor with them both however.

Varian caved to Voljin... That scene made me disrespect him so much...

Dunno how powerful Voljin is anyway, just saying it was bad to Varian image from a noob perspective.

Btw, i'm noob, don't get mad if i don't know Lo-gosh, it's not my fault the game doesn't do its job explaining this kind of stuff.

Trall on the other hand is well covered :P
    Last edited by edmorte; 2015-08-11 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian would definitely take advantage of Garrosh's berserk mode and use it against him.

Was already shown that garrosh would win but varian has wolf ancient blessing so he never tires so he would have worn him down.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Varian if not Sha-empowered Garrosh. Garrosh if Sha-empowered over pretty much anything.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I think i was clear with no "BS". Sha empowered is BS.

Varian is the better warrior. It would barely be a fight.

Garrosh has a lot of fury and vigor, but that counts for little against a disciplined and experienced combatant like Varian.
    ~RAWR!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Varian is a level-headed tactical fighter. Garrosh is a rampaging brute.

Varian > Garrosh
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Garrosh, Orcs own humans (well i am Horde so :P)