Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    "On several occasions, Garrosh and Varian clashed and did battle; with both leaders matching each other's attack, blow by blow, and killing all who interfered with their duel. Though evenly matched at first, Varian eventually gained an advantage. Varian had been fighting with an in-explicit focus and unyielding vigor. While Garrosh tired, Varian was still full of stamina, which allowed Varian to press on his attack. Garrosh is fought back at this point, and Varian succeeds in wounding him and disarming Gorehowl. A dying magnataur separates the two combatants, and Garrosh composes himself. He prepares to rush at Varian once more, though is held back by several Kor'kron; urging Garrosh to retreat. Garrosh grudgingly complies, though not before swearing to kill Varian himself.''

Sorry orc lovers
    Careful so Sam86 dose not see it he will say you dont know anything and all offical sources claim otherwise.

Garrosh Hellscream is alive by pure luck. He should have been dead in many occasions in the past.

And Saiako you forgot to mention that the sources you linked also mention that the 1st and 2nd Wars were wars with each side going back and forth which is completely different from the Doomhammer was ready to wipe the Humans.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2015-08-24 at 08:00 AM.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    u speak about king varian the true dragon slayer the only gladiator lore wise
    Really? What about Thrall? He grew as a slave and used as a gladiator, Thrall was more matches under is belt then Varian will ever have in the arena. Get your lore right!

I came into this thread expecting something more ''romantic'' *cough*

Tho without any additional power, just a natural Garrosh, I'd go for Varian.

Deleted
    Garrosh for pure strength no contest, Varian for tactical mindset. Its funny to think about if these 2 cooperated together against the Legion what could be accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    You have yet still to link ANY facts apart from YOUR opinion, I at the very least have facts and even WC2 campaign.
    Nice one, you mean the old lore that blizzard canceled and consider it non-canon anymore and retconed it?

Wowwiki may not be the end all of sources but it is just that a source with facts in it unlike YOUR word of mouth which means nothing as it is just bias.
    Didn't know official blizzard comic is 'my word', as for why no link, because copyrights that simple, i can however send u link of summarize of it but you will qq its summary and not enough http://wow.gamepedia.com/Flashback (not even summary there, but in that issue where he shows clearly that he didn't give 2 cent about rest of world

So far I have proved you WRONG you on the other hand have been unable to find any sources to support your claims. Did I say Varian himself did something ? nope not once, dose not mean Stormwind did nothing as I mentioned instead please link to some facts not word of mouth it dose not have any value because the facts you can find out there prove you wrong.
    So u mean he was a clown puppet while others were acting behind his back? regardless where is the link from official blizzard source that says Stormwind (Azeroth) did anything to anyone since their rebuilt until wow time? Because the corrupted house of nobles were clearly presented in wow won't do a thing
    It is your mouth word vs blizzard comic source, yeah i can see which one is more canon

And yet again I will remind you "Actually they almost wiped humans from face of Azeroth but only for honor Doomhammer ordered the retreat of horde to fight Gul'dan and all who followed him" almost wiped out the humans? really? seems to be alot of them around still after the aftermath of the 2nd war or is almost wiping an entire race simply crushing its strongest capital?
    Lordearon is considered wiped out of humans, yet u still see humans native to it, does anyone - non alliance biased - consider humans didn't get wiped from lordearon?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alexstrasza
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Alexstrasza#Tides_of_Darkness

2 sources saying the same time for good messure.

Here it actually shows she was still under the horde during the actually 2nd war GG another wrong fact. How about proving how you are right.
    I'm surprised by that amount of ignorance, continue ur source and tell me, or read day of dragon, heck even old wc2 lore beyond the dark portal before retcon, red dragons were fighting at that time with alliance not horde, and horde had to substitute them with black dragons
    Careful so Sam86 dose not see it he will say you dont know anything and all offical sources claim otherwise.
    Looking at mirror again aren't u ? sorry i use official blizzard sources not fart head canon
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Garrosh without a doubt
    why? because you play horde?

Without their powers Varian would win as he was a gladiator for years while Garrosh was just sitting around all emo for the majority of his life.

With the wolf power up and sha powers that would be a lot harder to pick a winner but I still think Varian would win as Garrosh is pretty much just brute strength.

7+ Year Old Account
    Taking Wolfheart as source, Varian would win in every scenario.
    But just because in that novel he is awfully OP.
    It's normal Blizz tune him a little bit down, cos he was basically a super saiyan worgen in plate armor.

On the other hand, post-cata Garrosh is twice the size of a regular orc. He follows tactics that surprise and overwhelm the elven defenses of Ashenvale, and only retreat after a Magnataur interrupted his fight with Varian, and then realised they lost the battle, so he choses to rally the army back.
    Varian'd have win that fight, for sure. But Garri was presumably more tired after leading the full Ashenvale campaign, while Vari was in Darnassus drinking wine.

Hard to say. I think they're even. With a little advantage for Lo'gosh.

Was expecting a hot fanfic by the title. I feel slightly disappointed.

Deleted
    Garrosh, and they should have made that fight happen.

Varian would win. He has way more feats and is blessed by Goldrinn.

Deleted
    Varian would win, you'd think fighting as a gladiator for such a long time he'd have fought orcs the likes of Garrosh before and won, let alone with demigod empowered stuff. Also , it's been a long time since i read the book but in tides of war didn't Garrosh have a hard time with a random nelf bodyguard of Jaina's ?

Also @ OP , when and how did Varian cave in to Voljin?
    Last edited by mmocb3b54be47d; 2015-08-28 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Varian would win, you'd think fighting as a gladiator for such a long time he'd have fought orcs the likes of Garrosh before and won, let alone with demigod empowered stuff. Also , it's been a long time since i read the book but in tides of war didn't Garrosh have a hard time with a random nelf bodyguard of Jaina's ?

Also @ OP , when and how did Varian cave in to Voljin?
    Nah that was Mal'korok. Garrosh got marked by random Northwatch commander Y
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Grom > Cairne > Varian > Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    When i read the title, the first thing that came through my mind:

I was going to post a more NSFW image but i don't want an infraction

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    I watched Ulduar video, and got this question.

Who would win in a 1x1, no BS.

I cannot see how a 2H sword can stop dual axes.

But both chars have their specials, so i'm asking the nerd squad.
    Keep this in mind: as far as lore show us, the only real combat Garrosh has actively participated in was was the Mak'gora with Thrall (which got cut short), and the Mak'gora with Cairne. That's basically it.

Meanwhile, Varian, before he recovered his memories and retook his position as the King of Stormwind, has been fighting for his life in gladiatorial arena for Elune knows how long (it is implied he spent a long time being a gladiator in the comics).

So, we have basically 'raw power, no experience' vs 'raw power, veteran'. On a one-on-one fight, assuming no tricks (as in, cheating) from either side, and no interference, Varian would win, baring any lucky strikes from Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Really? What about Thrall? He grew as a slave and used as a gladiator, Thrall was more matches under is belt then Varian will ever have in the arena. Get your lore right!
    Thread title and subject is: Varian vs Garrosh. Thrall is irrelevant to this discussion.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Gladiator will nearly always defeat an untrained berserker, Lo-gosh or not. Varian just has to taunt and Garrosh will expose himself when he thinks with his hands instead of his head.

Source: I watched Spartacus.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Varian.

As shown by his duel with Cairne, Garrosh is very easy to provoke and in his role as a gladiator Varian knows how to take advantage of such a situation. And it's also shown in Wolfheart that Garrosh wasn't 100% confident that he could take Varian since he started to lose confidence when he realised that Varian wasn't tired from the run to get to Ashenvale.
    thats just a crap. its way not enough... varian vs garrosh. varian without logosh would never win normal garry. with logosh he does win him. but if gaary also empowered lets say with old god then he wins...

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    thats just a crap. its way not enough... varian vs garrosh. varian without logosh would never win normal garry. with logosh he does win him. but if gaary also empowered lets say with old god then he wins...
    Even before being 'empowered' by Lo'gosh Varian was fighting for his life over and over in gladiatorial arenas. Garrosh has basically zero real combat experience, while Varian has Elune knows how many years of combat experience. Garrosh would lose.