Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Only One Azeroth ?

Hello !
    We now know that there are multiple realities/timelines spread out in the Twisting Nether, MU Draenor and AU Draenor for example.
    But Demons are unique across all timelines. (There's only one Burning Legion). That means that there is only one Pantheon too.

Also we have been told that in Legion we will learn more about why the Burning Legion is so interested in Azeroth.

Maybe it's because there is only one Azeroth across all timelines as well ??

Tell me what you think !

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they already stated there is multiple Azeroth's so I doubt that's the reason:P

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvant View Post
    Hello !
    We now know that there are multiple realities/timelines spread out in the Twisting Nether, MU Draenor and AU Draenor for example.
    But Demons are unique across all timelines. (There's only one Burning Legion). That means that there is only one Pantheon too.

Also we have been told that in Legion we will learn more about why the Burning Legion is so interested in Azeroth.

Maybe it's because there is only one Azeroth across all timelines as well ??

Tell me what you think !
    Blizzard said there were multiple Pantheons but one Burning Legion. As for 2+ Draenor but 1 Azeroth, I don't think the theory holds water.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole Twisting Nether Anchored Souls-theory has gone completely off the hinges ever since some CM/Dev. posted the
    "There are multiple versions [...] Souls anchored in the Twisting Nether [...] Never really dies, unless killed in the Twisting Nether [...]"
    (of course not a real quote of the thing and can't be bothered finding the real version)
    But to me, the whole plot around that has massive holes in the theory of the Twisting Nether. Blizz decides the story, so we'll have to wait until Blizzcon to learn more. Although theorycrafting is fun for some, so let them do so while we wait for Blizzcon.

We need a Red Shirt Guy for this Blizzcon. Perhaps even Guys or Girls.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2015-08-28 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Made it easier to read. Had troubles myself.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Blizzard said there were multiple Pantheons but one Burning Legion. As for 2+ Draenor but 1 Azeroth, I don't think the theory holds water.
    lol kek pls show those "multiple" times you mentioned mate, pretty sure thats BS

There's only 1 Burning Legion and 1 Pantheon, and it wouldn't make sense otherwise

BL created by a Titan = is unique across all dimensions;
    Titans = diferent from each dimension/universe

-.- see, don't make any sense what's your saying

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This. Blizzard said there were multiple sets of Pantheons. Actually in the same tweet replies as the "demons transcend reality" post.

There is confirmed to be an Alternate Azeroth. However, I believe ours is called the "prime timeline". For reasons which seem likely to be revealed in Legion, our Azeroth is valued above the others. That's why Nozdormu is tasked with protecting our timeline and ensuring it goes a particular way. It may be linked to the presence of the Old Gods, it may be due to something the Titans left here, perhaps the Emerald Dream, as an ideal world blueprint? We will see as the story of Legion progresses.

Someone recently pointed out to me in a discussion that the nonsense of the AU can be reconciled with "it happened differently." We know in this universe that Garrosh was never born, that Ner'zhul's wife never died, and that Durotan had brothers (they should surely have been around in Rise of the Horde). Perhaps these differences are more significant in other points in time. Argus is led by weaker leaders who would fall to the Burning Legion. Perhaps one of them was named Jaraxxus? The Aspects weren't created as this Azeroth doesn't contain the valuable thing ours does and therefore doesn't need the same protection. Heck, maybe Tyr decided that Murlocs were the form of life that needed his help and they are the dominant life form. MAYBE OUR AZEROTH IS THE ONE THAT'S DIFFERENT. We arrogantly assumed that it is a variant on our "real" timeline. What if the others are all more similar to each other and ours has been markedly changed through the interference of the Titans and the Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never underestimate blizzards lack of creative methods for story and development.

How the hellshit did Archimonde become a demon with soul in the nether when he's a draenai?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm also confused as to how Sargeras could somehow create or empower a soul to be dimensionally transcendent when he himself is not dimensionally transcendent as a former member of the Pantheon. My current thinking is that the Pantheon is singular in nature, perhaps not transcendent but confined a single and primary reality and so are the demons of the Burning Legion. There's also the puzzling circumstance of Nozdormu's ability to view or enter timelines/dimensions, an ability granted to him by Aman'thul who (by the reasoning further above) should not have that kind of power himself.

The Legion and the Pantheon need to be singular in nature (whether or not they are transcendent) for the story to work as it does, I would think.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Well they already stated there is multiple Azeroth's so I doubt that's the reason:P
    Nothing they say can be taken too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Alex Afrasiabi
    I still get the same question over and over again -- is there an alternate Azeroth to go with the alternate Draenor?
    Yes!

Are we going to see it?
    I would never say never, but it's not planned right now.

I'm kind of wondering what that place looks like. I imagine it's really interesting.
    Absolutely, and this is a precedent here, that there are alternate worlds across the multiverse. There is a multiverse, right, I mean it's something we bounced around the previous Caverns of Time stuff sort of -- like we kind of skirted it -- and we embraced it with this one. Like this is what we're talking about here, right. And if you're a true time travel nerd, you understand that's the only way time travel works anyway.(Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do Titans also transcend all realities or are there multiple Titans?
    They don't, there are multiple titans, they are searching the cosmos for additional Titans. (Muffinus)

Time to blow minds. Archimonde in Universe A, B, D, H, and M give into Sargeras' offer. Archimonde in Universe C, E, etc don't. Does that mean all of the aforementioned Archimondes are now fused in the Nether but all the latter Archimondes are still seperate Draenei chillin with their beardboy Velen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They don't, there are multiple titans, they are searching the cosmos for additional Titans. (Muffinus)
    Gotta catch 'em all, Πόκεμον!
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-08-28 at 05:38 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Never underestimate blizzards lack of creative methods for story and development.
    Never underestimate the players capacity for bitching.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should know that time travels and alternate realities are plotholes sources.

There are 2 options here: their lore department is extremely clever and something jaw dropping will be revealed in the expansion. Or their lore department fucked up, hard, and they just going to pretend that i didnt happen and keep going with the game.

"Unto you is charged the great task of keeping the purity of time. Know that there is only one true timeline, though there are those who would have it otherwise. You must protect it. Without the truth of time as it is meant to unfold, more will be lost than you can possibly imagine. The fabric of reality will unravel. It is a heavy task--the base of all tasks of this world, for nothing can transpire without time." - Blessing of the Bronze Aspect (Blessing of Aman'thul towards Nozdormu.

If Aman'thul knows that there's only one prime timeline , I think that he must be singular in nature. So therefore only one Pantheon as you said. Maybe Azeroth is not singular , but there is a Prime Azeroth- which is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Alex Afrasiabi
    I still get the same question over and over again -- is there an alternate Azeroth to go with the alternate Draenor?
    Yes!

Are we going to see it?
    I would never say never, but it's not planned right now.

I'm kind of wondering what that place looks like. I imagine it's really interesting.
    Absolutely, and this is a precedent here, that there are alternate worlds across the multiverse. There is a multiverse, right, I mean it's something we bounced around the previous Caverns of Time stuff sort of -- like we kind of skirted it -- and we embraced it with this one. Like this is what we're talking about here, right. And if you're a true time travel nerd, you understand that's the only way time travel works anyway.(Source)
    Why are you citing a quote from Muffinus? He has nothing to do with the lore or the story for WoW, and citing him as a lore source is as asinine as citing Metzen, Kosak, or AA as a raiding or PvP source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvant View Post
    "Unto you is charged the great task of keeping the purity of time. Know that there is only one true timeline, though there are those who would have it otherwise. You must protect it. Without the truth of time as it is meant to unfold, more will be lost than you can possibly imagine. The fabric of reality will unravel. It is a heavy task--the base of all tasks of this world, for nothing can transpire without time." - Blessing of the Bronze Aspect (Blessing of Aman'thul towards Nozdormu.

If Aman'thul knows that there's only one prime timeline , I think that he must be singular in nature. So therefore only one Pantheon as you said. Maybe Azeroth is not singular , but there is a Prime Azeroth- which is ours.
    The titans are not transcendent. That isn't about MU Azeroth being the "true" Azeroth. It's about keeping the history of our universe from being changed. The "one true timeline" is just the course of events as fate intended for our universe. We see a similar effect when Garrosh went to WoD Draenor, the Furies recognized him as an outsider attempting to overturn everything about their universe.
    The elder raised a crooked finger and said, "You do not belong here. The spirits loathe your presence. You bring chaos to this world merely by existing."
    [...]
    "I can smell your lies before you speak, outsider." The shaman was actually hissing with fury. He took slow, deliberate steps forward, staring directly into Garrosh's face, veins standing out against his wrinkled skin. "Fate itself retches. You intend to topple everything about this world."

--Hellscream

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Why are you citing a quote from Muffinus? He has nothing to do with the lore or the story for WoW, and citing him as a lore source is as asinine as citing Metzen, Kosak, or AA as a raiding or PvP source.
    He is a Blizzard employee. If he doesn't know the answer, he says so. If he's just stating his opinion, he qualifies it as such. When he gets something wrong, he redacts it. That was stated as a fact and still stands.

You act like he can't be interested in parts of the lore or that he can't talk to his coworkers in the lore department.

Deleted
    I think they just messed up. If demons were transdimensional and transtemporal across all universes and time, transcending them, being singular, then there wouldn't have been Socrethar on Outland AND then pre-demon Socrethar on AU Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elveonora View Post
    I think they just messed up. If demons were transdimensional and transtemporal across all universes and time, transcending them, being singular, then there wouldn't have been Socrethar on Outland AND then pre-demon Socrethar on AU Draenor.
    Only the demon version is transcendent. The mortal versions exist separately within their own universes.

And nowhere did Blizzard say they transcend time. They live in linear time, but can time travel.