Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    For some of us that is the only reason we still WANT to play a dk. They took away blood dps why should we not be allowed to have one hard hitting direct damage spec? If i wanted to dw i would play fury. The ONLY way i would accept dw being the only frost dps option would be if went back to ICC style dps.
    What are you talking about, DW hits like a truck. I think you like the illusion of having one big hit instead of onee big hit split in two.

Also, I'd love to see some interaction between strikes and diseases again. Either that or prune back the number of buttons devoted to disease management.

I'd like to bring back the ghoul rez ability.

Fix/change/remove KM finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    I'd like to bring back the ghoul rez ability.
    One of the "talents" on a DK artifact will be to rez themselves, so in one form or another they are bringing this back!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    One of the "talents" on a DK artifact will be to rez themselves, so in one form or another they are bringing this back!
    Sweet! I'll take it.

Also, I'd LOVE for our ghouls to talk again.
    I would even take this in the form of a minor glyph.

"Me like.. shiny"
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Yeah but my feeling is that this res costs one of the raid bres anyway.

I would like Dark Transformation removed from the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Yeah but my feeling is that this res costs one of the raid bres anyway.
    Likely it would act like Shammy resurrection and not be on the brez counter, just would have a 30~ min CD or such.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost hardware View Post
    I would like Dark Transformation removed from the GCD.
    This and Garg please
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

Overhaul blood and give it something different than the other specs other than Bone Shield. As blood you get Death Strike, Death Coil and Blood Boil, all of these abilities are already present in Unholy and even Frost (other than Death Coil), blood just has no uniqueness especially in its main abilities. And overall, the spec is just boring as fucking shit, I've never been more bored playing a class in the entirety of WoW. Best case scenario for me: Overhaul the whole damn class. In be4 reroll, No.

Some way to bleed off overhealing into something useful. Maybe allow your own heals that overheal you to stack up (at a horrible conversion rate of course) some parry % or a flat DR. Alternatively, maybe a talent/artifact trait that deals some % of personal overheals to nearby enemies as damage. As long as it's scaled so that healing is preferred but there's a consolation prize for overheals I would be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    I played as Blood DPS in WotLK, and 2H Frost ever since. Both are now gone. I will probably just reroll if things stay more or less the same.
    Same feelings here, I like DK's lore and I like playing as long as it wasn't unholy and I had 2h sword hitting the enemy, I guess no more...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Remove plagueleech/dark transformation and gargoyle from GCD.
    Please remove the randomness of KM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonaise View Post
    Remove plagueleech/dark transformation and gargoyle from GCD.
    Please remove the randomness of KM.
    I actually would love PL off the GCD but I doubt it would happen. Being able to get two runes, and reapply your dots in less then a GCD would be a little too strong. Though DT off the GCD would be amazing.

Honestly the only thing I really want is for the rune system to go back to how it was originally, each one recharging as soon as you use it instead of only doing one at a time per rune type. No matter how long I play it, the way it is now has always felt slow and clunky in comparison.

As blood I would love a single target blood rune ability. Makes no sense to just have AOE because either it's decent on single target and op on AOE or just sucks single target. And blood has enough room for one adittional button in the rotation.

Also make BoS less rng and dependent on MS. Give it a fixed duration of maybe 10s, lower it's CD to 30s and adjust damage accordingly. That way it can be used as a healing CD as well as for dmg and will scale smoothly with gear instead of exponentially.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully I'm not too late to weigh in, but on the topics of death Knights, I would like to see a few changes made to the specs.

- make killing machine proc from obliterate or change it entirely because having it proc from auto attacks and having it be as big of an influence on frost gameplay is pretty bad, imo.

- make Unholys pet interact with diseases in some fashion, or have some other mechanic rather than the current "set and forget" which we just pop dark transformation and forget him until we get it to light up again. It's really the only bad thing and something that could be changed to make everything come full circle so to speak. Example and just literally off the top is say you took necrotic plague and your ghoul hits a target with Necrotic Plague. Your ghoul would then get a charge of shadow infusion. Not much I know but it's better than having the DK do all of the work to just break even. Again it doesn't have to be that per se, it was just an idea.

- give blood boil and some interesting effects for the blood spells. The current animation for BB is pathetic and really takes the immersion of playing this unstoppable juggernaut of blood soaking destruction to being just the crazy guy with glowing eyes screaming at people. I would love for it to become something like a blood nova type effect, though I understand that won't make it cuz of family related issues.

- since glaives are making it into the game as Demon Hunter only, I want to see them dust off the old early DK and give us a Runeblade class weapon that's DK only. It can take the shape of a sword or axe 1h or 2h, but has to be a bladed weapon. Polearm skins can be added too, but that's meh for me ATM. Then expand on the rune system, and let blood and UH choose a rune set to make permanent death runes. I mean come on Blizzard! It's time to expand on this since your already committing to the DH! Like everything else can be subsidiary here but don't forget the DKs were your first hero class! Show us the love and care that we have earned!

That's about all I've got. I don't think we need a gladiator talent for blood because what could it do? How would it do damage? It would take a pretty massive rework to make blood a viable dps spec and I understand why blizzard is putting the gladiator stuff on the back burner. Balancing 3 dps specs for the warrior was enough and we can all agree it doesn't need to happen, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Unholy - bigass awesome 2-H SWORD worthy of Frostmourne itself

no axe or mace bs
    I don't think a mace will be introduced. In early dev. state of WotLK deathknights were planned to wield axes and swords only. Maces were added because of itemization reasons.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecterDK View Post
    I saw that there was a pvp thread for this already but I wanted to talk more generally. They have mentioned wanting to refocus specializations so what would people like to see? Some of the things I'd like to see are:

-Major revamp of our talents. Most are terrible, especially T4. They have very little identity to them and we are the only class other than rogues with no talents that change with spec. Examples of talents done well for me would be paladin, druid, and even warrior.

-To go along with the first point, it's time to give us a Gladiator talent for Blood.

-Move Blood back to heavily physical attacks. Even if it just means making heart strike cleave everything like blood boil, we need some identity back here.

-I like that they are making frost focused on dual wield so leave that.

-Scale back the pet focus on unholy and restore the disease focus. The pet felt like it was in a good place in Wrath. It was there and it was helpful but it wasn't hugely important, just a bonus. Bring back things like original unholy blight and wandering plague. Unholy should feel truly pestilent. You should get sick just getting near them.

These are just my preliminary thoughts and I will add more as I think of them. I truly love the class and have mained it since it's introduction. I play WoW to play a Death Knight and I'm very excited to see what they can do for us in Legion. I'd love to see more ideas for how to make the class feel more iconic.
    I like most of your thoughts...but honestly...the gladiator thing...I think it for Warriors was a failed experiment...and contradictory to what they're trying to do with classes now...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they axe gladiator stance in Legion. We already know they're trying to make things more unique and stand out...and trying to get rid of things that clash and are harder to balance a.k.a. 2H and DW Frost...I just don't seem them keeping Gladiator.

I'd love to see Blood back to pre-WoD...100% would...I miss melee and I miss blood worms!

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I like most of your thoughts...but honestly...the gladiator thing...I think it for Warriors was a failed experiment...and contradictory to what they're trying to do with classes now...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they axe gladiator stance in Legion. We already know they're trying to make things more unique and stand out...and trying to get rid of things that clash and are harder to balance a.k.a. 2H and DW Frost...I just don't seem them keeping Gladiator.

I'd love to see Blood back to pre-WoD...100% would...I miss melee and I miss blood worms!
    Maybe in raid settings. Gladiator stance is pretty good for casual tank players, it helps them do more dmg for dailies/easy raid settings.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2015-08-17 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Since Blizzy has been gutting and changing Dks since Wotlk, it's time they realize the class needs a complete rework.

1) First of all, spec identity. The only spec who is thematically good is Frost, while Blood and Unholy fells like the same spec played in different ways.
    We need Blood to be more physical, with better animations that focus on our "life draining" and splatter moves. They are very aware that the dk community is just sick of being a screaming idiot.
    Unholy needs to get refocused on diseases and self-empowerment (god how I miss Hysteria). Right now Timmy is basically non existant in our playstyle for the execption of DT, and dots are just a thing to easily keep up with no interaction at all.

2) Give us real fucking talents. All the spec use the same setup, with some exception for pvp. There is no real choice, NONE. Most of the talents are completely uselss, even redudant, I don't even know why they are there. And ffs, the rune row is just sad, just give all dks Blood TaP and give us a real talent row.

3) With dw becoming they way to play Frost, they need to rework the KM system and define a balance between Obliterate and Frost Strike.

4) Polish our mechanics, like removing burst abilities like DT and PoI off the gdc.