How Much Do YOU Spend on Transmogs?

For me, looking the part is part of the fun and holding myself to a higher standard of RP is worth doing for the better enjoyment of my fellow players as well as myself. But the thing is, this is much easier said than done. Trying to create something that really fits both your character's class and his or her personality can be enjoyable but also a great hassle.

Say I really wanted to make a Hunter, but I have an unconventional character and an unconventional race. Say for instance we have a Draenei Hunter. Now logically we'd look either for Alliance themed, Draenei themed or Beast Master themed gear sets to accomplish a look that we like, but then you go deeper. Say in my opinion Draenei Hunters should have either crossbows or guns to compliment their higher forms of technology. Well this makes it quite a lot more difficult since there are very few xbows and guns in this game that have the Draenei flair to them. Looking at TBC weapons and armor, there are very few choices that aren't horribly blurry skins or rudimentary weapons. On top of that, all the Draenei-themed armors... oh wait... there aren't any... so I'd have to compromise with fur-lined, worn metal plates like the rest of them.

On the other hand, there are plenty of awesome sets for the Pandaren Monk I'd like to be, but what about those folks who play a Forsaken or Dwarf Monk? Are they supposed to wear chinese garb as well just because they're pugilists?

So the question was, how much do YOU spend on transmogs? Time, gold, whatever you need for good Transmogrification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you, I also enjoy looking the part and think it's fun, though I don't do much to make sure if fits my class. I mean, I consider that a little (as well as race a little), but I focus a lot more on if it's something the persona of my character would actually wanna wear, and that doesn't always perfectly align with a typical class or race theme, or a set. In fact, I've never transmogged a set... I mix and match random things.

I main a night elf druid and this is what she looks like, as per the armory and its great poses (and great ability to never glitch out a piece of armor...):

A lot of stuff I wanna use comes from drops or something you gotta grind for, so I've spent a lot of hours but not as much gold ^^ On my death knight I've mixed and matched drops that can be found from Northrend dungeons since the greys, blacks, and skulls do indeed fit her. In the more distant past, my druid wore more basic armor, like those one pants that resemble capris, flat shoes, a vest with a simple design, and that one staff which just looks like a stick. I don't think I've ever spent much gold on obtaining my transmog!

Very cool. I plan to play a Goblin Hunter and along with it I was thinking of making a small, tight-knit RP guild to go along with the theme behind him.

Check out these 3 mogs. Simple but suitable.

4th Bilgewater Platoon Mog: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...884:13146&l=90

Alt Color Mog: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...945:57293&l=90

Horde Rifleman/Sniper Mog: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...0.0.0.609&l=90

The first two probably won't be a big deal to obtain but that last one might give me some trouble, especially since that gun is tough to get. I find that even lower resolution armor sets can still be quite impact-ful for a character. Also since most Hunter sets are, in my humble opinion, kinda silly looking... well I was forced to find something with a few less random PETA violations tacked on. Although, I must say that specifically on a Goblin... this set is absolutely boss. hehehe

Well, the story I put together for my characters is centered in different families from Silvermoon, some from the destroyed part of the city who lost everything, surviving members of entire families who fell to their addiction and became Wretched and things like that - so each elf has a different personality and assignment.
    I usually go for a silhouette when it comes to giving a character their personality - for example, my warlock (the one on my avatar) is a well-respected, self-made woman that isn't very into showing off skin, mostly because of her battle scars and charred skin - so she tries to cover up as much as possible. She's seen in robes and things like that mostly during ceremonial events, so she's usually wearing an armor of some sort, or maybe a vest, pants and a tabard... So I had to really look for those kind of things, and to look every once in a while in the AH to find all the models available. The darkmoon set is just too freaking amazing and I use it almost every day, paired with the heroic version of the Priest T17, as it has that eery, soul-prison feel to it, which I think fits a warlock very well.
    ... I can't post images yet, dammit... I'll get back to this when I can, lol.
    And, well, I got like 5 other elves that have that kind of thought put into their looks... so my answer would be... I put A LOT of thought and gold on transmogs.

way too much

Quote Originally Posted by Kirigiri View Post
    way too much
    Came here to say this...

I've been gathering the priest tier pieces from the black market as my character's wedding dress, as all her outfits are blue and gold. It's.. been very pricy. Still need those shoulders. Got outbid to 130k last time.

So yeah.. I spend a lot of money on transmogging.

Deleted
    Around nothing.