Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I don't believe you.
    In a world where Adam Sandler faces off with Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, anything is possible in my book.

Deleted
    They can't make a sequel for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    In a world where Adam Sandler faces off with Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, anything is possible in my book.
    LMFAO, well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Deleted
    Pixels is roughly twice as "good" rated as fantastic four don't insult it.

The Fantastic 4 is just one of those franchises that JUST.WON'T.WORK in cinema. It's just a...lame duckish franchise. I know more about the Fantastic 4 villains like Doctor Doom, Galactus or side heroes introduced like Silver Surfer than I know about the Fantastic 4. Also their powers are lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next attempt (whoever does it, FOX or Marvel Studios) should be full-on fan service. We need something much closer to the original source material (astronauts irradiated, for example). If Doctor Doom HAS to be used in a movie, he should be authentic Doctor Doom... not just some other guy with powers. It should also be written/directed by people who actually likes/loves the characters from the original comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The Fantastic 4 is just one of those franchises that JUST.WON'T.WORK in cinema. It's just a...lame duckish franchise. I know more about the Fantastic 4 villains like Doctor Doom, Galactus or side heroes introduced like Silver Surfer than I know about the Fantastic 4. Also their powers are lame.
    People probably said the same about the Nordic God of Thunder that speaks like a Shakespeare character.

And yet he fit perfectly in the MCU.

Fox is just shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The Fantastic 4 is just one of those franchises that JUST.WON'T.WORK in cinema.
    I just don't believe that. Avengers works, The Incredibles worked. Fantastic Four CAN work if you get the right people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by mykalibe View Post
    They can't make a sequel for this.
    Someone at Marvel/20th Century Fox just went like...

They'll keep beating a dead horse until they squeeze every single fucking penny out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    People probably said the same about the Nordic God of Thunder that speaks like a Shakespeare character.

And yet he fit perfectly in the MCU.

Fox is just shit.
    Thor is easy. It's Thor. The Hammer Time Hammer God of Hammering things with his Hammery Hammer. Add a mildly tolerable story, a bit of comic relief (Loki) and it works.

Again the problem is that if you make Fantastic 4 poking fun at itself (like Thor), it's lame, if you make it super dark and edgy, it's even worse because the characters are just not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I just don't believe that. Avengers works, The Incredibles worked. Fantastic Four CAN work if you get the right people involved.
    Agreed. If anything the success of the Incredibles and Ant Man shows that not every Super Hero film needs to be dark and gritty. In fact that's one of the big criticisms of Man of Steel.

FF can work if it's given to someone who loves the IP. No one at FOX seems to even LIKE Super Hero films.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This is mostly because Marvel forgot that Ultimates FF was terrible. No seriously, Ultimates FF was one of the worst Ultimates lines.
    Actually they didn't forget Fox did Marvel even cancelled Ultimate Fantastic Four

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Actually they didn't forget Fox did Marvel even cancelled Ultimate Fantastic Four
    They didn't cancel it because it was bad, the the Marvel Universe they lost the ability to use terms like mutant, because they sold the rights of that term, and many of the franchises associated with that word. One being FF, so Marvel is starting to kill off everyone who they basically lost the rights to. They killed Wolverine, they are about to kill Deadpool, and ended the FF. They are doing re-boots of the characters, but with different identities, and sometimes different races/sex.

I forgot the term Marvel is now using instead of Mutant, I guess I'll try to google it,but if anyone knows feel free to help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Nobody expected this movie to do well, Fox just put it out there so that they could hold on to the licence.
    They think they can squeeze money out of Marvel like Sony did, but the FF aren't Spider-Man...

Sticking it to Marvel is basically the only reason this movie is getting a sequel. Yes, you read that right, a fucking sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I forgot the term Marvel is now using instead of Mutant, I guess I'll try to google it,but if anyone knows feel free to help out.
    They're not using a different term. They are using a different race, the Inhumans, which is basically mutants with an alien origin story.
    And they both existed in the comic books long before Fox aquired the rights to use the X-men.
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2015-08-11 at 10:28 PM.

As bad as the movies are, a small part of me hopes Dr Doom finds his way into the Marvel universe to do shit on his own, he was a good villain, still love this line by him.

http://i.imgur.com/98Get0s.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

This sirt of explains what I was talking about.

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/0...o-replace.html

They are now using the word " Gifted ", and can no longer use the words Mutant.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Kinda expected this. This had "We're making this to hold onto the rights" written all over it.
    Yeah, it's looking like The Wolverine and Days of Future Past were flashes in the pan. On the bright side, this might mean Fox will finally let the rights to Fantastic Four default back to Marvel.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Yeah, it's looking like The Wolverine and Days of Future Past were flashes in the pan. On the bright side, this might mean Fox will finally let the rights to Fantastic Four default back to Marvel.
    There is a petition for that very thing.

https://www.change.org/p/everybody-g...marvel-studios

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Nobody expected this movie to do well, Fox just put it out there so that they could hold on to the licence.
    They think they can squeeze money out of Marvel like Sony did, but the FF aren't Spider-Man...

Sticking it to Marvel is basically the only reason this movie is getting a sequel. Yes, you read that right, a fucking sequel.
    Fox has discussed canning the F4 sequel in favor of a Deadpool sequel because of how badly F4 tanked.

They're not using a different term. They are using a different race, the Inhumans, which is basically mutants with an alien origin story.
    And they both existed in the comic books long before Fox aquired the rights to use the X-men.
    I still have fond memories of when the Inhumans and Fantastic Four crossed over under Byrne's pen.

Be nice if they made this a period piece a la 1st avenger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    There is a petition for that very thing.

https://www.change.org/p/everybody-g...marvel-studios
    To be fair, I have a standing theory that the only reason Sony played ball with Marvel after ASM2 disappointed at the box office is because immediately after, they had one PR nightmare after another culminating in customer data being stolen and sensitive internal memos/emails being leaked. I feel like the Japanese home office more or less forced Sony America to work with Marvel on sharing the rights as an attempt to save face. So far, Fox hasn't found themselves in a similar situation, though if X-Men: Apocalypse also flops after F4 they might similarly either let the rights default back to Marvel or sell them back.