Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Signups for Mafia #61: Polygon Madness!

Signups for Mafia #61: Polygon Madness!

Disclaimer: This is, for the most part, a normal mafia game. We have included a few extra rules (outlined in this post) that we hope will contribute to enjoyment of this game, and we’re curious to see how they turn out.

Knowledge of the theme is not required. In fact, knowledge of the theme may work against a player in some respects.

-- Overview --

Mods: [Firebert] & [Reticence]
    Players: [up to 30]*
    Lynch Rules: [Majority Lynch] [Fibonacci Deadline]
    Start: [D1 Start] [Modified Rapid-Fire D1]
    Special: [Make Friends!] [Day-Silent QTs]

The game will open on [Day One]. Day Phases will last for ~48 hours or until majority is reached. Standard rules apply:
    Spoiler: 
    -- Posting --

Please refrain from communicating about this game outside of this thread or related sub-threads until the game is over.
    This includes the mafia discussion thread.

• Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    • Editing a vote is forbidden. If you wish to change your mind, do so in a separate post.
    • Deleting posts is forbidden.
    • Quoting/screenshotting anything provided to you by Firebert or Reticence in a PM/QT as evidence is forbidden.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

-- Voting --

• Everyone has one vote per day to decide who to lynch. Votes may be changed or removed.
      A vote MUST be bolded and placed on its own line or it will not be counted.
      Vote: [Player]
      Unvote: [Player]
      Vote: No-Lynch
    • To indicate someone as suspicious and potentially votable: FoS: [Player]

-- Questions --

• If you have a question, you are welcome to ask in the game thread (so long as it is day). This will be considered to be part of the game and it will be up to the other players if they wish to reply or not.
    • A mod will only reply if the question matters to all players (i.e. mod has forgotten to write a deadline in the morning post).
    • If you are specifically asking the mod a question, the chance of getting a reply in the game thread is low. You’ll have better luck with a PM, although a response is not guaranteed.
    • Exact spelling / colons, etc., for votes are not required. If it is bolded, on its own line, clear that it is a vote and it is clear who you are voting for, it will be counted. If it’s obnoxious or ambiguous, it will not.
    • One mod-confirmed vote count will be given 24 hours into the day. Further vote counts are subject to mod discretion/availability.
    • While not required, unvoting is greatly appreciated by the mods. This allows them to stay semi-sane while trying to keep accurate vote records, and it may increase the likelihood that you'll get a vote count when you inevitably request one.

[Majority Lynch]:
    • Once a player has received a majority (greater than half) of the votes, the player is immediately lynched and may no longer post in the day-thread or any sub-threads that they previously had access to. They will then be given access to the dead-thread, where they can join the post-mortem speculation.
    • Please refrain from revealing game structure in the dead thread. You are free to comment on things that have been mod-confirmed, but otherwise avoid revealing the alignment of other players, roles, faction numbers, or anything else that has not.
    • If a player is majority-lynched before deadline, discussion may continue until the deadline or until a mod makes a night post (whichever comes first).

[Day-Silent QTs]:
    • During the day, discussion is limited to the main game-thread. Other threads shared with other players may not be posted in at this time.
    • Night phases will be longer than normal to compensate, starting on N2.

Night Phases will open immediately after the previous day ends, and, aside from Night One, will last for ~48 hours. Standard Night Phase rules apply:
    Spoiler: 
    • No players are allowed to discuss anything in the day thread during the night, for any reason.
    • If a bump is desired, a mod will ask for it from someone who isn't playing.
    • Everyone with a night action may post their action in their designated sub-thread.
    • If actions are not submitted by the Night Deadline, they are forfeited.

[Modified Rapid-Fire D1]:
    • This rule is an experiment in attempting to find a happy medium between more extreme D1 rules and fluff-fests.
    • Each player is allowed up to five posts or three votes (whichever occurs first) over the course of Day One.
    • Consecutive posts from the same player, although considered the same post by the forum, will be counted as separate posts.
    • After posting five times or voting three times, a player may no longer speak for the rest of Day One. Players who continue to post will be penalized.
    • A player may choose to discard his or her remaining votes/posts by submitting it like a vote:
      Discard Posts/Votes
    • If every player exhausts/discards their posts/votes before the deadline or a majority lynch is reached, the day will end as if the deadline had been reached.

[Fibonacci Deadline]:
    • If the Day Deadline is reached and a majority vote has not been reached, then the player with the highest Fibonacci number of votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the first player to reach said number is lynched.
    • Fibonacci numbers include 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 13.

[Making Friends!]:
    • Unless otherwise indicated on your role card, each night you will have the ability to try to make friends with another player. If the two of you are compatible, a thread will be opened for the both of you on the following night. These threads are subject to the [Day-Silent QTs] rule.
    • Note: ‘Compatibility’ is not a guarantee of anything, be it allegiance, friendliness, talkativity, sanity or affinity for llamas.

-- Resident Polygons --

*This game currently supports up to 30 players; additional signups will be added to a back-up roster, which will be used if a player asks to be replaced, or in the case of extreme inactivity. If the demand is great enough, the game may be modified to support more players.

Anakso
    Arialla
    Blood Fox
    Catta
    Crackleslap
    Danner
    Decagon
    Dendrek
    Dranxadin
    Dupti

Graeham
    Jynx
    Kel
    Krayzy
    Kurenai
    Lellybaby
    Listo
    Lora
    Lysah
    Monkz

Palawin
    PistolPink
    Razamith
    Robozerim
    Satsu
    Squishei
    Tumppu
    Uggorthaholy
    Valyrian
    Virothe

Post-30:
    Vikki
    EvilJessica
    Last edited by Reticence; 2015-08-30 at 05:29 PM.

Hiya. And First. And yes, this is a signup.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2015-08-29 at 11:19 PM.

wauw i like the colours.

sign me up pls
    게임 은 어렵~~

Sign me up please!

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    God damn, you were just waiting for it, weren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    During the day, discussion is limited to the main game-thread. Other threads shared with other players may not be posted in at this time.
    I understand what is trying to be done here. I think it takes away some of the mafia strategy though. Being able to discuss who you should vote on really depends on how the day is playing out.

It's not going to be game-breaking or anything. It will just alter things a bit. As I said, I get what you are trying to achieve though.

Oh and sign me up.

Can I just say FIBONACCI!? <3 If anyone calls that bastardized I will kick them in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    God damn, you were just waiting for it, weren't you?
    N...no... *scuddles out of line of sight*

I volunteer as triangle!

Deleted
    This sounds interesting, sign me up please

/signup

Looked forward for this game for a while now

10+ Year Old Account
    /in for 61- oh, wait.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    /in for 61- oh, wait.
    Yea everyone came back!

/signup

Also, where's Omerto?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    Looked forward for this game for a while now
    Myself included

I could have sworn there was someone who mentioned hoping the signup thread was up for more than 24 hours because they were going to be gone. I was going to just sign that player up, but fuck me if I can find the post now.

10+ Year Old Account
    /signup

I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

During the day, discussion is limited to the main game-thread. Other threads shared with other players may not be posted in at this time.
    OOO so if masons/neighborhoods/mafias get a "Oh crap" moment, they're gonna have to send secret messages to each other in code on the main thread! I like this one

I could have sworn there was someone who mentioned hoping the signup thread was up for more than 24 hours because they were going to be gone. I was going to just sign that player up, but fuck me if I can find the post now.
    Aha. It was Razamith in the dead thread. /signed up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    OOO so if masons/neighborhoods/mafias get a "Oh crap" moment, they're gonna have to send secret messages to each other in code on the main thread! I like this one
    I now want to create a code where certain words mean something different.

Annoyed means Lynch. First name said after Annoyed is who I think we should vote for...

"I am annoyed at how this last night played out. Nothing happened that will help the town.

Lets look back at vote records:

Val voted on Player X N1, Player Y N2.
    Kel voted on Player Z N1, Player Y N2."

Everyone votes for Val.

You are free to comment on things that have been mod-confirmed, but otherwise avoid revealing the alignment of other players, roles, faction numbers, or anything else that has not.
    I read this as fraction numbers and got excited. And also confused.