Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Since Demon Hunters is such a big deal and super cool, what could this mystery feature be... to be considered an even better/bigger feature to look forward to in Legion?
    Hopefully something new that won't be dropped in an expansion. Scenarios and Garrisons are already gone, and CMs, while kinda neat, don't really do it for anyone but the elite of the elite (and those of us like me who is capable of getting gold by finding 4 others who want gold and then never doing them again).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Something that will be dropped. Kind of like the one GC talked about for MoP that never came to fruition.
    Most likely. It's stuff they're gonna tease and never reveal.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Problem is what they've announced so far amounts to a $15-$20 dollar DLC package, not unlike what we're currently playing.
    Why do people say shit like this? First of all, add up the hours you play each expansion for, then compare that to the hours you play new $60 games for. You're more than getting your money's worth. Second of all, each expansion is barely different from the last. WoTLK is everyone's favorite expansion...hate to burst your bubble but WoTLK's raids were not the best. One was a complete rehash (a term the community loves using nowadays), one was terrible, one lasted a year and one was a total filler with 1 boss...the other 2 were also 1 boss raids and I actually totally forgot about them when I originally posted this comment. Oh and Vault which I also forgot about. You change more than the expansions.

Legion looks to completely redesign PvP and give PvP'ers things that have been asked for for years, give us an entirely new weapon system complete with "talents", a new class that many people were begging for, a huge emphasis on class-specific content that people have also been asking for, 10 more levels, a new continent, new raids, dungeons, etc. as well as other things and we haven't even seen everything yet.

What...the...fuck do you people want???
    Last edited by Tucci; 2015-08-18 at 07:06 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I'm guessing large random invasions by the Legion [via Portals], that lead to a Raid boss at the end of it.
    I could see this.

I could also see it being cross-faction raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Most likely. It's stuff they're gonna tease and never reveal.
    It will be difficult to miss it greatly if it's never revealed. I'm sure some people will anyway.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    https://youtu.be/LrxK3sw5FMk?t=12m46s

When asked what their 'preferred/favourite feature' is on Legion, both Alex Afrasiabi and J Allen Brack explicitly referred to a 'feature they cant talk about yet' and 'secret stuff they are working out'. So Alex just said Demon Hunters as his go-to, and Brack said Class Order halls as his go-to.

Since Demon Hunters is such a big deal and super cool, what could this mystery feature be... to be considered an even better/bigger feature to look forward to in Legion?
    Presumably the "feature" of Legion that's their favorite and they can't talk about yet is the price they'll be charging people for the expansion. I would try to be less cynical about Blizzard's intentions but then I remember everything that happened with WOD and it just keeps finding me again.

What struck my mind is something to do with loot. Whenever the question was asked about leather loot sharing, the didn't go straight to personal loot. Maybe it's something to do with professions playing a vital role in maybe reforming gear into other pieces or somehow connecting professions to raid drops.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shaman nerfs, they love those.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its the same one GC was talking about?

Clearly it's going to be the Tabbard Tab. >.>

Honestly, knowing them - it's probably Timewalking raiding weekend or somesuch nonsense.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather they deliver what was announced rather than dangle some unannounced cookie over our heads. If they do, it will be brilliant and something extra would blow me away. That is the main concern I have.

As for what it is, I would hazard it is some kind of cross-faction raid in a similar vein to the mercenary system for PVP. I imagine that is to test out the technology and work on it for later use with a raid. That is a shot in the dark guess and not something which really concerns me. It could just as easily be some kind of new mass PVP area like Ashran or flashpoint invasions like ESO/Rift/GW2/etc and that'd be cool. Again, not really too fussed about it and more interested in them getting all they announced in the expansion at launch.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I'm guessing large random invasions by the Legion [via Portals], that lead to a Raid boss at the end of it.
    That's what I'm hoping for... somethings got to give that "the world is under threat from the largest invasion ever" feel than some demons ran-sacking a small set of forgotten islands.

The secret feature is an entire engine rebuild, with stunning new graphics to take WoW forward for the next ten years.

lol, ok /wrists

As incredibly unlikely as it probably will be because of artifacts being spec-based and their new focus on class/spec identity, I'd love it if they did 4th specs. Maybe not for all classes but at least for some. Give rogues a dark ranger spec instead for changing ass/sub into one, give warriors glad as a separate spec, give DKs a ranged caster necromancer spec, maybe give paladins a ranged xbow inquisitor/vampire Hunter spec. Something to help balance adding in 2 more melee classes and help stem the tide of demon hunters by giving people more options for other interesting class types. Like I said, probably won't happen but I can dream...

Frankly I wouldn't even want to speculate. Let it be something that is interesting and refreshing. It's been hard for this game to surprise as of late so I can only temper expectations and hope for the best. I think it will end up being good...

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a really good interview , it's good to know that other zones in azeroth will be affected by invasion.
    kudos for not asking bullshit questions.
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2015-08-12 at 04:40 AM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Why do people say shit like this? First of all, add up the hours you play each expansion for, then compare that to the hours you play new $60 games for. You're more than getting your money's worth. Second of all, each expansion is barely different from the last. WoTLK is everyone's favorite expansion...hate to burst your bubble but WoTLK had 5 raids. One was a complete rehash (a term the community loves using nowadays), one was terrible, one lasted a year and one was a total filler with 1 boss. You change more than the expansions.

Legion looks to completely redesign PvP and give PvP'ers things that have been asked for for years, give us an entirely new weapon system complete with "talents", a new class that many people were begging for, a huge emphasis on class-specific content that people have also been asking for, 10 more levels, a new continent, new raids, dungeons, etc. as well as other things and we haven't even seen everything yet.

What...the...fuck do you people want???
    wow players will never fucking be happy every again, its ridiculous. ive never seen such a fucking cynical and miserable group of people in my life.

"oh yeah sure, just fucking give us everything we've been begging for for years, because thats what i REALLY want, is for you to just fucking give it to me, wahwah take my $60 for this bullshit demon hunter and legion based xpac you thieves"

theyre like a bunch of fucking teenage girls, dont give em what they want and youre an asshole, give em what they want and youre an asshole.

Well, the interview uses feature in a way that is synonymous with content.

I think that it was really hinting at some redemption quest involving Illidan, which probably starts after beating Gul'dan and freeing Illidan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

10+ Year Old Account
    The world PvP zone is my first guess, if there is one. Professions or something totally unexpected as my second guess.

It sounds big, or at least fun, they knew what the other was talking about.

Edit: Actually, the end game content model. Something akin to Battlefield: Barrens is my hope, not the quests, the group events
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2015-08-12 at 05:12 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    wow players will never fucking be happy every again, its ridiculous. ive never seen such a fucking cynical and miserable group of people in my life.

"oh yeah sure, just fucking give us everything we've been begging for for years, because thats what i REALLY want, is for you to just fucking give it to me, wahwah take my $60 for this bullshit demon hunter and legion based xpac you thieves"

theyre like a bunch of fucking teenage girls, dont give em what they want and youre an asshole, give em what they want and youre an asshole.
    Or Blizzard no longers get free passes after the shit fest that Diablo 3 was when it first dropped, with every single part of the game funneling players towards the RMAH, as well as the garbage expansion that WoD turned out to be, including costing extra. But keep thinking it's just baseless whining and that everything is hunky dory.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Check this interview - it has many new points (the pre-event will be several weeks, we will fight the Legion all over Azeroth (WotlK pre-event anyone?), there will be complete new demon models, a hint about a change in the loot distribution system and so on). BUT there was this part at 12:47. Both talk about a major secret feature they will not talk about right now and this is the favourite thing for both of them. What could it be? Any suggestions?
    Don't get your hopes up. They've hinted and teased like this before, and ended up scrapping what they were working on. I think there was one that Ghostcrawler hinted at, that never showed up, that he would'nt say what it was, because they still wanted to try it.

Path of the Titans, Dance Studio, etc. Speculation now is pointless. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.