Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Have never heard of #2 and #3, are they not released in the west?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    That's kinda crap comparing to WoW.
    It probably takes a lot less resources than WoW to develop though! But tbh, I thought it earns more.

Deleted
    Lets assume this is true, then its insane for an MMO thats more than 10 years old to be the 4th highest game in revenue.

Deleted
    Seems low, they reported that hots + HS + destiny = 1,25bn usd in the last year. So destiny is 1 bn?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    that chart makes me wonder how good "Crossfire" and "Dungeon Fighter Online" are, never heard of them
    Crossfire is pretty decent, but it is hidden behind CS:GO' shadow, at least in the West. It is F2P in EU too with somewhat decent playerbase
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2015-08-12 at 07:02 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    Lets assume this is true, then its insane for an MMO thats more than 10 years old to be the 4th highest game in revenue.
    Thats more due to the fact that the bottom fell out of the market due to too many post WoW flops.

Deleted
    Blizzard really is impressive, turning almost all their franchises into money making machines!

This also shows the succes of additional/ingame purchases and you can bet your butt on it that we will see more of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that, but maybe because i really tried - and invested lot of hours - hearthstone but still never 'accepted' that u can be 30 with 8 armor and lose in 1 turn due to luck of draw warrior raging worgen
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I hate that, but maybe because i really tried - and invested lot of hours - hearthstone but still never 'accepted' that u can be 30 with 8 armor and lose in 1 turn due to luck of draw warrior raging worgen
    Is it luck if the deck is based on just that? And it has alot of card draw of course

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hax: It's probably more likely that Blizzard wanted to do something different then a MMORPG. They're a big developer that self publishes. They'd have to do more. While I'm not a fan of the Digital Card game, it obviously works. Same with Diablo, it obviously worked to a degree.
    But all of their current games are in this style - HotS, Overwatch, Hearthstone. No depth, no story, no complexity, fast produced content with no value. Titan was scrapped, WoW gets content reduced by 50%... What do you think will happen when inevitably WoW gets down to 2.5 million subscribers, and it turns out that Hearthstone is making as much money as WoW while taking 1/100 of the development cost ?
    WoW will be left to die over the course of the next few expansions and you will not see a game of that scale from Blizzard ever again.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-08-12 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    They are delusional if they think WoW only made 700~ million dollars last year. Ill take this with a grain of salt.
    Thats probably just subscription numbers, which is quite believable considering that we had SoO for the majority of last year, which means lower subsciber numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    But all of their current games are in this style - HotS, Overwatch, Hearthstone. No depth, no story, no complexity, fast produced content with no value. Titan was scrapped, WoW gets content reduced by 50%... What do you think will happen when inevitably WoW gets down to, let's say 2.5 million subscribers, and it turns out that Hearthstone is making as much money as WoW while taking 1/100 of the development cost ?
    WoW will be left to die over the course of the next few expansions and you will not see a game of that scale from Blizzard ever again.
    Have you been paying attention to Overwatch? They are actively trying to develop the story with it. Sure, Heroes/Hearthstone doesn't have much of a story to it, because the story is already there in Diablo/WoW/SC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Every OTK has a counter, and Warrior's OTK counter consists of having a 3 damage tank out, even if its a 3/2 robo-bear, for both Worgen AND Grim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I was expecting more.
    That is not enough.

If WoW loses 1.5 million subs (which it did), Blizzard breaks even.
    WoW may lose another 3 million sub if no new expansion/content for a year.

Do you think this means that WoW could end up selling the expansion for 20-30 dollars, and then have more ways to spend real money in the game? :S
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Very old data and very limited period.

HS is much closer to 400 million per year now ... and WoW made 1.04 billion dollars in 2014 according to the yearly revenue report of Activision Blizzard.

I am typing this on an iPhone so too lazy to cut/paste but you can find the ATVI reports on their site.

Btw ATVI also said in their 2nd report of 2015 that the COMBO of HS and HOTS would be equal to WoW's total by the end of the year 2015.

So the loss of WoW is made up by HS and HOTS.

In fact in 2nd Q 2015 Blizzard jumped 20% in revenue, hence the stocks rocketed to new heights.

Just look it up on the ATVI website. it is all there in the various Q reports.

HS remains a game to play on the loo though, but it is a money printing thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    Seems low, they reported that hots + HS + destiny = 1,25bn usd in the last year. So destiny is 1 bn?
    Yes.. Destiny launched Sept last year. It sold a lot of copies.

Its probably
    200-250m for HS
    50-100M for hoTS
    close to 1b for Destiny.

Link on destiny sales figures as of a week after it launched

Plus Destiny has expansions. Seems about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    But all of their current games are in this style - HotS, Overwatch, Hearthstone. No depth, no story, no complexity, fast produced content with no value. Titan was scrapped, WoW gets content reduced by 50%... What do you think will happen when inevitably WoW gets down to 2.5 million subscribers, and it turns out that Hearthstone is making as much money as WoW while taking 1/100 of the development cost ?
    Good thing there are other game developers making other games and Blizzard doesn't hold a monopoly.

One day we will need to have a lesson in here what a for-profit company is. Bllizzard isn't here to give you free games. They are here to make money and lots of it and t hey a damn good job with that and the games they put out are a lot of fun.

I bet Blizzard moved half of WoW team to HotS, Overwatch and Hearthstone.
    Each game gets 1/6 of WoW developers.

In the meantime, WoW lost 50% developers and 50% subs.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is a myth.

WoW is getting less and less content, and lost a raid tier.
    Blizzard must move people from WoW to Hearthstone.

I just don't see how Hearthstone can grow any more.
    It is real boring to play the same meta deck over and over.
    The Hearthstone team consists of 15 people. You can't say that for WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I bet Blizzard moved half of WoW team to HotS, Overwatch and Hearthstone.
    Each game gets 1/6 of WoW developers.
    Moving to HotS maybe, but we know that eg Overwatch is being developed by remnants of TITAN team (and those that aren't on Overwatch but were on TITAN are now actually working on WoW) and we also know that Hearthstone literally has next to no developers (the first public version was developed by 8 people) and doesn't need very many to pump out content.

Deleted
    I think it's one of the foundations of their succes to be able to keep multiple franchises functioning on a minimum of development/developers.