Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    WoD suffered horribly from the massive reliance on Garrisons. Legion has nothing like that as far as we know. Class orders seem to take a page from them but no where near as severe.
    Class orders feel hugely like they were Azeroth Garrisons, but then Blizzard saw the disaster it was in WoD and quickly retooled and rebranded them as something slightly different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They can start early on expansion theme and story, zones, quests, what the dungeons and raids will be, roughing in features and ideas, get the music and art started and a number of things without necessarily getting very specific about specific game systems. Art and music take a very long time.

Systems work is an ongoing thing and they can make adjustments based on what they hear from players playing the current expansion. Hence, no dailies in WoD as everyone seemed to hate them in Mists. Now that we know they may not have been as hated as originally believed they can think about what they want to do knowing that.
    Every interview from Ion Hazz states that dailies are a terrible form of endgame content. I feel that his personal feelings hurt the game and rather than create something he dislikes he gave us nothing at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Every interview from Ion Hazz states that dailies are a terrible form of endgame content. I feel that his personal feelings hurt the game and rather than create something he dislikes he gave us nothing at all.
    Exactly this. His oppinion does not mean that it does not collide with the reality. Compared to the crapexis-grind we have now i would have prefered dailies by MILES.

I actually do wonder if there were plans for Goria or whatever it's called (the Ogre continent) early on. I mean why even put it on the map at all?

Given the entire legendary in mists was about wrathion trying to prepare for the legion invading and mists was "part one of a two part story" i assume legion was meant to follow mists, product ran overlong and they constructed a two tier filler expansion called warlords of dreanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    We know that Blizz has been working on Legion long before WoD was even released.
    Have they, I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Does this mean that Legion was made with the same design philosophies and gameplay ideas that WoD has, or have they had time and resources to change direction ?
    Assuming they have been listening to the players, either on the forum, feedbacks, their own data collection on player habits etc, then they should have some indication on what was enjoyable and was not. They should have taken this account as they developed the next XP and factor them during the early design and development stage.

Example, given some of the negative feedback from garrison, it will most likely be different in some ways. Likewise, they probable looked at the farm during MoP and decided to expand it into the garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And that's a big IF.
    Isn't it all about "IF"'s? I mean, we don't sit in the design, production or development teams - so we wont know much till they say it. Reason I am not losing my head, just like WoD - didn't turn much worry until after 6.1 (didn't need it then either, but was a little annoyed - not the raging kind thoug)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    They're adding a new class, introducing artifact weapons, and making the biggest changes to PvP since TBC. Most importantly, they're scrapping garrisons. There's still new information they have yet to announce as well.

If they do walk into another rake, it will be an entirely different one from the one they got faceraped by with WoD.
    No, they're about to wreck PvP, hard. Unless they change a lot from how they phrased it so far PvP is basically thrown to the high end raiders as a side activity between raids, stomping people with high end mythic gear for fun and getting rewarded with better PvP boosts for it to stomp even harder.

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, they likely started work on this expansion before WoD released so before much of the negative feedback came in. On the other hand, the expansion really didn't seem like it was far along in the gamescom reveal. All we really saw was concept art for some things so it's perfectly possible they've had time to change their plans. Still not really holding my breath for this expansion to be any better than WoD though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They didn't say "no" flying. They said specifically "no flight in the start" People get confused when you only use those two words.
    gosh, it's almost as if they've used those words before, then didn't add it, still didn't add it, still didn't add it, then said they would NEVER add it, then said "fine, we'll put it in, but the expansion is over!"

If all goes wrong, I have SWTOR Expac in my sleeve. And its looking damn good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Or maybe he actually listened to the community, who said loudly and clearly that they didn't enjoy the tedium of endless repetition when MoP was being branded "World of DailyCraft".

So...I learned today that Legion is already in Alpha testing

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ady_happening/

I don't think this bodes well, looks like another WoD with a few tweaks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    Or maybe he actually listened to the community, who said loudly and clearly that they didn't enjoy the tedium of endless repetition when MoP was being branded "World of DailyCraft".
    There were two reasons for this. First, it was the first time in the game where the 25 daily limit was removed. Second, dailies were gated. Raids didn't open immediately so there was a huge rush to earn gear.

Gear which was hidden behind reputation. Reputaton which was gated behind other reputation. Remember we had to finish Golden Lotus in order to open up other reputations. So there was a huge rush to do dailies just to purchase justice and valor gear so you'd be ready for raids. That's why it was hell.

In WOD they removed all raid level gear from reputations. They also removed dailies for earning reputation. They could have left dailies in the game but not tie exalted/revered gear behind them for raiding. They made an extreme change like Blizzard always does.

That would have stopped crazy people from feeling like they needed to do every daily each day in order to be geared once raids were released. That would allow players to do dailies for pets, mounts, followers or transmog gear.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    From the limited information we have, we're stuck with the same "raid or die" approach and no flying. So I'd say they are about to walk on the same rake as they previously did with WOD.
    Add garrisons 2.0 to that.