Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The fate of the Silver Hand in Legion

So we know a couple things concerning Paladins in 7.0

- Something happens to Tirion Fordring at the Broken Shore, and the Ashbringer becomes lost there. Retribution Paladins are going to claim it
    - The paladin player will lead a United paladin faction under the banner of the Knights of the Silver Hand

While both features seem pretty cool to me, what I am curious/concerned about is the second: Knights of the Silver Hand have always (supposed to have) been an Alliance organisation for human and dwarf Paladins, parallel to the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers on the Horde faction. And its the most iconic Alliance organization. However, now that Draenei and Horde Paladins are joining it in the next xpac, that brings into question where that leaves us Human and Dwarf Paladins?
    I mean, the Blood Elves and Tauren will still have their paladin factions (Blood Knights and Sunwalkers).
    What would humans and dwarfs have?

I'd be interested to know the thoughts of people

The humans and dwarfs of the silver hand realize that to truly rebuild their order and defeat the Legion they need to band together with every paladin, including the horde.

something like that.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    The humans and dwarfs of the silver hand realize that to truly rebuild their order and defeat the Legion they need to band together with every paladin, including the horde.

something like that.
    So, will they disband Blood Knights and Sunwalkers?

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    No, I don't think so, they let them into their secret base under Lights hope and set up some separate alcoves for the other paladin disciplines while still all under the same roof, ultimately uniting them as paladins but remaining unique.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No! No no no no! I will flip if we have to become Knights of the silver hand instead of remaining blood Knights. I'm okay working with them for a little bit, but I do not want to have the blood Knights disbanded over it.

Deleted
    LOL

implying blizzard gives two shits about lore and wont make something up on the fly to justify whatever they need

Yeah, they will probably be absorbed into the silver hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No! No no no no! I will flip if we have to become Knights of the silver hand instead of remaining blood Knights. I'm okay working with them for a little bit, but I do not want to have the blood Knights disbanded over it.
    Isn't Lady Liadrin the leader of the Blood Knights? And she is following your orders in legion sooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well thats exactly what I am hoping for for both sides. As a Human paladins, I really want the Silver Hand to return to the Alliance after legion

But Im not sure that'll happen. Im afraid it'll be another Argent Crusade situation: The Horde orders go back to being independent and we'll remain neutral

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Isn't Lady Liadrin the leader of the Blood Knights? And she is following your orders in legion sooo...
    Temporarily, because we have experience commanding and wield the ashbringer. Not as a long term thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    So we know a couple things concerning Paladins in 7.0

- Something happens to Tirion Fordring at the Broken Shore, and the Ashbringer becomes lost there. Retribution Paladins are going to claim it
    - The paladin player will lead a United paladin faction under the banner of the Knights of the Silver Hand

While both features seem pretty cool to me, what I am curious/concerned about is the second: Knights of the Silver Hand have always (supposed to have) been an Alliance organisation for human and dwarf Paladins, parallel to the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers on the Horde faction. And its the most iconic Alliance organization. However, now that Draenei and Horde Paladins are joining it in the next xpac, that brings into question where that leaves us Human and Dwarf Paladins?
    I mean, the Blood Elves and Tauren will still have their paladin factions (Blood Knights and Sunwalkers).
    What would humans and dwarfs have?

I'd be interested to know the thoughts of people
    I'm pretty sure I've already seen that the paladins are united under the banner of the Silver Hand. They might have separate areas in the class hall, but this expac is about class identity and banding together. The point is that they're not dividing along faction lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The Silver Hand basically disbanded in two factions:
    -Argent Dawn: Let's get anyone that can help us, even Horde.
    -Scarlet Crusade: Humans only!

Mograine had no issue with a Troll Priest.
    Tyrion got banished over an Orc.

If you want the Silver Hand to be Alliance only, you're basically a Scarlet Crusader.
    So what is the Alliance paladin order in Stormwind and Ironforge then? Silvermoon has the Blood Knights, Exodar has the hand of argus, and Thunder Bluff has sunwalkers

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The Lich King must answer for what he has done, and must not be allowed to cause further destruction in our world. I make a promise to you now, brothers and sisters: the Lich King will be defeated! On this day, I call for a union. The Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand will come together as one! We will succeed where so many before us have failed! We will take the fight to Arthas, and we will tear down the walls of Icecrown! The Argent Crusade comes for you, Arthas!"

-Tirion Fordring

The Knights of the Silver Hand are not really an entity any more.

There should be:

-Argent Crusade
    -Blood Knights
    -Sunwalkers
    -Some Draenei subgroup
    -Maybe some Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught remnants

Those are the only real paladin factions cutting about.

Exactly this -- If they are going to have separate little areas for the Blood Knights, Sun Walkers and Hand of Argus, what separate areas will exist for the human and dwarf paladins? Prior to Legion, their special place would have been the Knights of the Silver Hand. Knights of the Silver Hand are what identified a dwarf or human Paladin, just like Blood Knights and Sunwalkers identify blood elf and tauren Paladins respectively. That is no longer the human and dwarf club as it in encompasses all Paladins now, so do humans and dwarves have no special identity anymore? Their identity is now a neutral one despite the horde ones being Horde exclusive and the Draenei ones being draenei exclusive?

It would suck for when Legion ends that the humans and dwarves of the alliance to have no identity within their faction as they are a neutral faction despite the other factions of Paladins being horde only (or in the case of the draenei , draenei only) leaving the two true iconic paladin races essentially nameless as an entity.

Also: Give Paladins Divine Intervention again. That ability screams paladin idenity (to me imo). A Paladin sacrificing their life to save the life of another is certainly something that I can see Paladins doing. Its not like its a game breaking ability or anything.
    Last edited by Beej; 2015-08-13 at 06:49 PM.

They do -- they did -- Knights of the Silver Hand. Not exactly cool how all other orders get to keep their "sub identities" but dwarves and humans don't if that's the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. It's more that everyone is rallying under your banner, and you chose to revitalize the Silver Hand, likely to honor Tirion Fordring. What's happening isn't that the Alliance and Horde orders are leaving, so much as it is that many of the more moderate-minded upper-management leaders and many of the adventurers the Alliance and Horde have come to take for granted are rallying under your banner and that of other exemplars of their class, because the Alliance and Horde are so focused on a war of revenge after the Broken Shores that we can't rely on our factions for sufficient support.

I also think 7.1 will involve Alleria and Turalyon reawakening the broken Alliance and Horde's spirit so they mobilize against the Legion for the rising action and climax, though, so that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    They do -- they did -- Knights of the Silver Hand. Not exactly cool how all other orders get to keep their "sub identities" but dwarves and humans don't if that's the case.
    Worth pointing out that the Stormwind and Ironforge chapters, and the Lordaeron chapter, are different Orders technically-speaking. The Lordaeron chapter was run by Archbishop Alonsus Faol while the Stormwind and Ironforge chapters were headed up by Archbishop Benedictus. Given that Tirion seems to be on the chopping block one way or the other, it seems we're revitalizing the Lordaeron chapter as our Class Order as it's the only one of the three that is defunct (it split into the Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn, and later, Tirion merged the Argent Dawn with the remaining Silver Hand loyalists into his Argent Crusade).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

"The Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Sikver Hand shall come together as one. The Argent Crusade is coming for you, Arthas!"

Just to remind people.

Anyway, they were talking about having separate "sections" of class halls for the specific faction groups. Chill. Wait til we have more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    "The Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Sikver Hand shall come together as one. The Argent Crusade is coming for you, Arthas!"

Just to remind people.

Anyway, they were talking about having separate "sections" of class halls for the specific faction groups. Chill. Wait til we have more.
    And we will see Human and Dwarf crying in far corner because they no longer had their own faction group even though they were the pioneer paladin...
    (At-least human still had their insane faction.... )

Seems like it. Lady Liadrin is shown in the announcement trailer sporting the Silver Hand tabard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Seems like it. Lady Liadrin is shown in the announcement trailer sporting the Silver Hand tabard.
    They also mentioned in interviews that there will be Sunwalker, Blood Knight, and Vindicator areas within the hall, soooooo.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!